Random..... Is this Cool or Weird ??

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
bajanguy008

Random..... Is this Cool or Weird ??

Post by bajanguy008 »

Been discussing this with some buddies, I don't really do funerals but been told this sort of thing is becoming common

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/07/09/celti ... witter.com
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

ShelC

Re: Random..... Is this Cool or Weird ??

Post by ShelC »

That's kinda weird, but I think only because he looks dead. If they could change the facial expression up a bit....

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I think it’s kind of weird but I’m not an open casket guy to begin with. On the bright side, he’s probably just as responsive as in real life while playing a game. (As most of us are.)
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I think everyone looks dead during on open casket viewing/wake. But since he is dead and (likely) doesn't care what is happening anymore, I say it is up to the people left behind to do what feels right to them (and helps them find even a quantum of solace).

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

To each their own. Funerals and wakes are for the living, and some need open caskets and/or Weekend at Bernie's type set ups to say their goodbyes.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Yeah...I’d say that’s weird.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

People used to pose with their dead relatives in weird poses. It was kind of scary. You'd see people with a dead baby laying in a crib next to them or a grown person in a chair between an entire family.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-36389581
Photographs of loved ones taken after they died may seem morbid to modern sensibilities. But in Victorian England, they became a way of commemorating the dead and blunting the sharpness of grief.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton