Skylar Diggins wants equal pay

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
bajanguy008

Re: Skylar Diggins wants equal pay

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:42 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:23 pm
Bonner has been so good this year
On to Game 5
Yep, nice comeback in this one. Griner was a monster as well. Game 5 should be a good one. Will Sue Bird wear a mask for that broken nose?
I can't see her missing a deciding game
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Wow 5 times....

https://twitter.com/MechelleV/status/1036398902012825601

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... work-hard/
A doctor in Plano, Tex., apologized Sunday after sparking outrage for saying that female physicians make less than men because they “don't work as hard” and prioritize “something else … family, social, whatever."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:50 pm
A doctor in Plano, Tex., apologized Sunday after sparking outrage for saying that female physicians make less than men because they “don't work as hard” and prioritize “something else … family, social, whatever."
This is the same thing?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

At least the guy that owned up to his mistake and didn’t whine about being censored by political correctness when told the data don’t support his stereotypes.

Ignorance is easy to forgive when it’s accompanied by a willingness to learn.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:40 pm
Nodack wrote:
This is the same thing?
gender pay equality... seems like the same thing to me.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:43 pm
In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:
This is the same thing?
Doctors deal with the same patients, do the same exact job. I wonder how you equate pay for two completely different leagues. Can you really equate WNBA players and NBA players?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:
On to Game 5
Yep, nice comeback in this one. Griner was a monster as well. Game 5 should be a good one. Will Sue Bird wear a mask for that broken nose?
She carried them to the Finals.....
Dang

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:05 pm
Superbone wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:
On to Game 5
She carried them to the Finals.....
Dang
Yep, it's too bad Taurasi has lost a step. She just can't keep up with Bird anymore. Mercury controlled the game for 3 quarters and then Sue Bird did her thing.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:59 pm
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:
This is the same thing?
Doctors deal with the same patients, do the same exact job. I wonder how you equate pay for two completely different leagues. Can you really equate WNBA players and NBA players?
I think you equate it based on a percentage of league results. Is there a reason that players should be making 50% of BRI in one league but not another? The only reason I can think of would be if the players are not helping equally to generate that income.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Sue Bird played really well in the 4th. Two sub-par games for DT in a row. The streak can only live so long.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:55 am
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:
This is the same thing?
I think you equate it based on a percentage of league results. Is there a reason that players should be making 50% of BRI in one league but not another? The only reason I can think of would be if the players are not helping equally to generate that income.
If the fixed cost makes it impossible to put it at 50%, then unfortunately someone needs to take a hit. I don't believe that any of these teams are making a profit and are instead bleeding money while being subsidised.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:26 am
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:

This is the same thing?
If the fixed cost makes it impossible to put it at 50%, then unfortunately someone needs to take a hit. I don't believe that any of these teams are making a profit and are instead bleeding money while being subsidised.
Who is subsidizing them? Many of the teams are independently owned. Are you saying the owners are running the business for charity?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:45 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:26 am
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:

Who is subsidizing them? Many of the teams are independently owned. Are you saying the owners are running the business for charity?
My understanding is that the NBA is still subsidizing, but I could be wrong.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Of the 14 teams, it looks like 6 are "sister" teams with their NBA counterpart (like the Suns and Mercury), and sharing the same ownership group. I can't find if there is any flowing of funds between the NBA team and the WNBA team for these 6. For the other 8, no affiliation exists, so therefore no funds from those teams.