Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Cardinals

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:34 pm
Simmons is either Sean Taylor or Bryan Urlacher.
Pretty bold to claim he's going to be a HOFer when he hasn't yet played a single snap in the NFL.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:21 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:34 pm
Simmons is either Sean Taylor or Bryan Urlacher.
Pretty bold to claim he's going to be a HOFer when he hasn't yet played a single snap in the NFL.
Those are the ceilings, but most likely not attainable. The Cards are going to have to figure out what to do and where to play him.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Simmons is SO GOOD. OMG.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Yesssirrrr!!!!!!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Remember when people didn’t want to draft Kyler because we had Josh Rosen? I’m so glad we drafted him. He’s incredible. Having a weapon like Hopkins will be huge too! Defense was pretty solid most of the game as well, especially on 3rd down. Extra playoff team this year, think we just might get in!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:56 pm
Remember when people didn’t want to draft Kyler because we had Josh Rosen? I’m so glad we drafted him. He’s incredible. Having a weapon like Hopkins will be huge too! Defense was pretty solid most of the game as well, especially on 3rd down. Extra playoff team this year, think we just might get in!
Kind of like not drafting Fox because we had Bledsoe.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I was skeptical of drafting Murray because of his size and how that could negatively affect his durability. So far, so good.

I always knew Josh Rosen was bad. Anyone who watches Pac12 football should've known that.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:15 pm
I was skeptical of drafting Murray because of his size and how that could negatively affect his durability. So far, so good.

I always knew Josh Rosen was bad. Anyone who watches Pac12 football should've known that.
I know we are in the Cardinals thread, but when I read that first half of the first sentence, it reminded me we drafted Dragan Bender instead of Jamaal Murray.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

2-0!!!!

All those penalties tho. Yeesh

The next 3 games are very winnable but we’ll see.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Wally_West wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:35 pm
2-0!!!!

All those penalties tho. Yeesh

The next 3 games are very winnable but we’ll see.
Let's GO!!!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The rookie QB doesn’t suck.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:21 pm
Rookie QB?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Kyler Murray! K1 the man! It's amazing having a superstar QB.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:06 pm
Kyler Murray! K1 the man! It's amazing having a superstar QB.
He is so talented.

We should have won by 40. Them going in and out of rhythm on offense was maddening. Seems to be a pattern from last year they need to grow out of. Will be next step

Our defense is much better this year. They broke down in the second half a bit, but i think part of that was the offenses fault

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:32 pm
Nodack wrote:
Rookie QB?
I haven’t followed the Cardinals and just watched the game. I got the impression from the announcers that he was a rookie when they flashed that he was the number one pick in the draft. I guess that was last year. He’s the Cardinals Ayton except they sort of picked Doncic?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:06 am
In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Rookie QB?
I haven’t followed the Cardinals and just watched the game. I got the impression from the announcers that he was a rookie when they flashed that he was the number one pick in the draft. I guess that was last year. He’s the Cardinals Ayton except they sort of picked Doncic?
Yeah, he's looking like one of the best players in the NFL already in his second yr.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:59 am
Nodack wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Rookie QB?
Yeah, he's looking like one of the best players in the NFL already in his second yr.
I don't follow football too much but my understanding was there were concerns about his height. Sounds like they were unfounded.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:06 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:59 am
Nodack wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Rookie QB?
I don't follow football too much but my understanding was there were concerns about his height. Sounds like they were unfounded.
He occasionally gets a ball batted down at the line of scrimmage, but so do all QBs. In a way, he's made his size an advantage, by being so elusive and able to turn on the jets and cutting making defenders look silly at times.
Here is an example:

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That run was really impressive because he made it look so easy. He completely juked two defensive backs, flat out embarrassing one of them. That's hard to do for running backs and receivers.