Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
specialsauce

Re: Cardinals

Post by specialsauce »

I need Kliff Kyler and Keim to all be ex-Cardinals.

For the love of God do not pay Kyler franchise QB money.

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:38 pm

Still got another year before we have to pay Kyler. I need him to run though to be worth it. I don’t want a 5’9 pocket passer.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Started off the season with a bang. Went out with a whimper.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

7 straight wins to start the season, was 10-2 at one point and then finished 1-5

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Kliff End of season as head coach
2013 lost 5 of 6
2014 4 of 6
2015 4 of 6
2016 6 of 8
2017 6 of 8
2018 5 of 5
2019 7 of 9
2020 5 of 7
2021 5 of 6
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Idk how a coach can come up with excuses to describe away that end of the season record?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

That 10-2 start was fools gold. All the same habits. Missed plays, points left out there, penalties, Kyler literally sitting down 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage for a sack. None of that stuff changed we just didn’t get punished for it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Remember when last yr, we blamed the kicker for losing 3 games? Good times...good times.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Have you ever seen a QB just wave the white flag like Kyler does? How many times has he sat down for an 8 yard loss on first down? Impossible to sustain wins when you’re constantly putting yourself in that position. Either grow a pair and stand in the pocket and make the play, or actually study the game and learn your pre-snap reads, and get rid of the ball if it’s not there!!!

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:48 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:38 pm

Still got another year before we have to pay Kyler. I need him to run though to be worth it. I don’t want a 5’9 pocket passer.
Yeah, since they've improved every year under Kliff and Kyler, I say give them one more year, and if they still can't win a playoff game, then get rid of at least Kliff.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think they have to get a new coach before making a final decision on Kyler. Otherwise it's a chicken or the egg situation.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:50 pm
I think they have to get a new coach before making a final decision on Kyler. Otherwise it's a chicken or the egg situation.
Agree. You can't justify keeping Kingsbury around after what he's shown in both college and the NFL. Tell him he can either come back as OC or he's gone.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I wouldn't mind having Jim Harbaugh here.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m fine moving on from Kliff, I wanted to last year and then I was preparing to eat crow until we completely fell apart…I bet we give him another year though

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think you're right. They will give him at least another yr. It wouldn't look good as an organization to give up on 2 coaches in a span of 4 yrs, but it is a one of 32 jobs in the world opportunity.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:22 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Agree. You can't justify keeping Kingsbury around after what he's shown in both college and the NFL. Tell him he can either come back as OC or he's gone.
Why would we want him to continue his horrible play-calling as OC? If you're gonna fire him, just remove him from the organization completely.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I hope someone makes Vance Joseph their head coach as well. We could use some fresh blood somewhere.

What free agents would you bring back?

Edmonds
Conner
Kirk
Green
Ertz
García
Peters
Jones
Alford
Wesley

Those are the guys that played at least 40% of snaps this year(besides Peters who was hurt and played 33%)

Personally give me Edmonds, Kirk, Ertz…Conner if he is cheap. I wouldn’t spend too much money on rb’s.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Kirk has been underwhelming as well. 2nd half disappearing act that couldn't perform without Hopkins on the field.

Split T

Post by Split T »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:46 pm
Kirk has been underwhelming as well. 2nd half disappearing act that couldn't perform without Hopkins on the field.
He’s a 3rd wr…as long as that’s what we’re paying him to be I’m ok bringing him back.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:22 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Keim and Kliff gotta go this year.

Personally I’d shop Kyler for a couple first round picks, he ain’t it mentally. I lost all hope in him when he made Hail Murray T-shirts trying to market a lucky throw and win which ironically was the beginning of the crash of that season. Dude is not a winner.

I understand trialing him for one year on the cheap with a new front office, but I’d prefer to get something for him while we can.

Kirk can come back for 3rd WR money I agree. We have got to get a competent WR opposite Hopkins.

For the love of God do not bring back Jordan Hicks.