Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
AmareIsGod

Re: Cardinals

Post by AmareIsGod »

I'm guessing 5-1 so 4-2 is the probable reality.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yeah, I don't see the Cards losing all 3 of the next 3 games, but wouldn't be surprised if they lost 2 of 3.

The Vikes ran all over them with their zone blocking scheme. Rams run the same thing and have owned the Cards since 2017.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cards played a very impressive game today. Thumped the Rams in LA and sit alone atop the NFC.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

There's a chance I was misunderstood. You know those massive stadium concerts with elaborate performances? Lasers, video, smoke and mirrors..

That was definitely the intention of my Cards analogy the last 2 weeks.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:33 pm
There's a chance I was misunderstood. You know those massive stadium concerts with elaborate performances? Lasers, video, smoke and mirrors..

That was definitely the intention of my Cards analogy the last 2 weeks.
Lol. I hear you though. I think we're all so accustomed to the let down, especially from the Cardinals. And they hadn't shown much strength at all on the ground which meant teams could potentially focus in on shutting down the pass. Was a great game yesterday. Was very impressed with our defense, especially our secondary.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Only undefeated team in the NFL.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have watched 3/4 of the games. I rarely watch football anymore so, thats a record or something for me. Was going to try to get into the Cards a little more this season and they have definitely been entertaining like the Suns. They have been getting some decent running yards. Kyler Murry has been exceptionally mobile.

I enjoyed listening to the broadcast. The announcers seemed like big LA fans and pretty certain the Rams were going to win at the start. They were eating crow by the end.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It's wild how much this team depends on a 5'10" quarterback. I think they'd be lucky to crack .500 without him, yet they could win the Super Bowl if he's completely healthy.

Furthermore, this team depends on "little" guys more than I think I've ever seen from an NFL team. Not just Murray, but Edmonds, Moore, and Murphy Jr. have been major contributors and they don't at all look like the typical football player. Even their "big" running back Connor is slight for the position.

It's a long season so I'm constantly worried Murray will get himself into trouble and pick up a significant injury. When he does, that'll be the end of the Cards season.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Quarterbacks definitely have a huge target on their backs. That’s why all the rules protecting them. When they have the ball they are fair game as long as you don’t grab their face mask or spear them with your helmet.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Murray doesn’t take any hits though. He always slides or goes out of bounds. Hopefully that keeps him healthy. Even when he’s about to get sacked he usually just goes down before the hit.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I heard a stat this morning that was scary about Kingsbury coached teams. They said that every single season that he's had, his teams have a precipitous drop in W/L record at the end of the season. All of these aren't equivalent w/ number of games, just how the back end shows. It's certainly more than a trend and should be a major concern. We know his teams always start off well, but...
At Texas Tech:
2013 ended the season going 1-5
2014 ended the season going 2-8
2015 ended the season going 2-5
2016 ended the season going 2-6
2017 ended the season going 2-6
2018 ended the season going 0-5
For the Cards:
2019 ended the season going 2-7
2020 ended the season going 2-5
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ugh. That will definitely be something to watch.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:19 am
Murray doesn’t take any hits though. He always slides or goes out of bounds. Hopefully that keeps him healthy. Even when he’s about to get sacked he usually just goes down before the hit.
He does a pretty good job of avoiding hits, but he definitely still takes some.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I feel like I rarely see him get hit, but I’ve also probably only watched 50% of the season

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Check out https://nflreplay.net/ if you want to watch the games at your own pace. I rarely see the Sunday NFL games since the kickoff times are either 2am or 5am on Monday morning here, but I use that site to check out the Cards games.

As for the hits he takes, I think he was sacked twice and had one scramble that ended in him taking a decent hit against the Rams. Something to also consider with his tendency to run around is a non-contact leg injury. I wouldn't be surprised to see a high ankle sprain someday. Hopefully he never has the Mike Vick broken fibula injury.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The good thing about Kyler is that even though he runs, he really does a good job of avoiding contact instead of seeking it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sounds like a smart man.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

And yet we criticize Ayton for the same.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:05 am
And yet we criticize Ayton for the same.
Haha, you're right. I guess this strategy has kept Ayton healthy last yr, so good on him.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ayton is a C, if he was playing C for the Cardinals and avoiding contact we’d have a bigger problem, haha