Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
AmareIsGod

Re: Cardinals

Post by AmareIsGod »

No coach will want to touch this roster with a 100 yard pole next season. This solidifies the return of Keim and Kingsbury.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t think that’s true at all. Plenty of coaches would gladly sign up to coach this team.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yeah, it's not true. It's just hyperbole after another embarrassing loss. It might keep Sean Payton from wanting to though.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

It's hyperbole. I mean, we do have a 1st round pick next season and if it was Sean Payton, he's likely going to also want control of personnel decisions which is great because it would mean we'd need to can Keim as well.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

That would be the dream.

Split T

Post by Split T »

We should have a pretty good pick…what do we target? One of the lines? We could use an elite edge rusher. A shutdown corner would be nice. OL is decent but they just were wrecked with injuries this year. I know some would say QB, but we clearly aren’t drafting a QB after giving Kyler that contract. Kyler is probably looking at missing the start of 2023 season already…next year might be a year to try and reset the roster from a salary standpoint. Open up some flexibility going forward for the next staff.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Keim stepping away indefinitely for health related reasons. Not really sure if that’s good or bad. It gets Keim out of the job, but kind of limits your ability to permanently replace him.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Idk, seems like a good excuse to replace him. He saves face, that he didn't get fired, while you also don't have to be the a-hole to fire the guy. Someone has to be in charge, and if Keim can't do it, you get someone else and go in a different direction. Seems inevitable at this point.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:41 pm
Idk, seems like a good excuse to replace him. He saves face, that he didn't get fired, while you also don't have to be the a-hole to fire the guy. Someone has to be in charge, and if Keim can't do it, you get someone else and go in a different direction. Seems inevitable at this point.
Good point. Hopefully they do that and the new guy moves on from Kliff too.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hallelujah

Split T

Post by Split T »

Just offer Payton the GM/Coach combo at this point

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

If this conspiracy theory turns out to be true, there is no way Keim ever comes back:

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Everyone needs to be gone. This team was a joke. I’ve been on the Kyler Murray bandwagon, but I won’t be upset if they move him. Get that salary off our books, team needs to go into a rebuild.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:51 am
Everyone needs to be gone. This team was a joke. I’ve been on the Kyler Murray bandwagon, but I won’t be upset if they move him. Get that salary off our books, team needs to go into a rebuild.
I would love if they got rid of all three Ks. None of them have any brains

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Keim should have been fired after the DUI.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Looks like we got the 3rd pick in the draft…gotta imagine Houston will go QB…Chicago won’t draft a QB, but they could trade back with someone who does. Feels like only 1 non-QB will go ahead of us. Should get a pretty good player, hopefully a lineman. I’d prefer defensive.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm going to say something unpopular, but I think they get a new GM & Coach, and should draft a QB. CJ Stroud would be my choice rn. Murray is too small and his best attribute is quickness, and now he is probably out for the entire next season, and he may never have the quickness again.

Split T

Post by Split T »

You can’t draft a QB as you just paid another one 250 million…even if you want to move on from Kyler, I don’t think this team is ready to draft another QB yet…the rest of the roster needs work first I think. You also gotta clear out the front office first. I’d be fine trading Kyler, but no one will trade for him until he’s healthy. It feels like next year is gonna be another lost year already.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

I think Kliff and Keim are gone. They'll keep Murray, but settle on a good backup to start the season.
Blough looks OK, but they could opt for somebody else. I think McCoy retires.
They'll use the draft choice on DL or outside rusher.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, I’d just draft whoever is there between Will Anderson and Jalen Carter.