Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
AmareIsGod

Re: Cardinals

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:35 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:38 am
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:31 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:02 am
I was entertained. That's the point of all of it, other than a championship. Being entertained along the way. I have low expectations for this team so any wins are that much better.
I think wins now get in the way of a contending team because it delays the inevitable termination of the coach and GM
Or forces them to figure this shit out. I think camp cupcake and no preseason games for our starters has been horrible. I know other teams do it as well but they have continuity. We have Simmons in a new expanded role of a do all linebacker this season getting calls from his helmet for the first time and giving those calls to the rest of the defense. His 1st time EVER wearing the helmet and working on relaying calls was the first regular season game vs the Chiefs of all teams. How the team didn't think getting some burn with relaying calls for Simmons in his 2nd year in an expanded role is incomprehensible. Such a failure of an organization at many levels.
The thing is, I don’t think Keim is capable of figuring out how to draft well. This team doesn’t have the talent necessary to succeed. And I don’t think Kliff is capable of figuring out how to head coach. This team doesn’t have the guts or inspiration required to succeed. He has been pussyfooting his offense for three years now with short throws on 3rd and long, miscommunications with his QB leading to burning his timeouts, etc.

So I don’t think we’ll figure anything out (sure, if you count making the playoffs and then getting blasted by any good team- we can figure that out) until Keim and Kliff are gone. Therefore, I need the Ls to stack and the criticism that will follow to hurry and arrive.
I hear you. There are some massive gaps. The biggest problem is both of these guys are signed through 2027. I can't believe ownership extended both of them. I feel like we're married to them both and that really sucks.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Whenever you're fed up with life going well, watch an Arizona Cardinals game. They'll fix that right up for you.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Everything about this team is lackadaisical.

They're stealing money from the fans who expect the team to compete with an honest effort for the whole game.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:13 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:35 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:38 am
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:31 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:02 am
I was entertained. That's the point of all of it, other than a championship. Being entertained along the way. I have low expectations for this team so any wins are that much better.
I think wins now get in the way of a contending team because it delays the inevitable termination of the coach and GM
Or forces them to figure this shit out. I think camp cupcake and no preseason games for our starters has been horrible. I know other teams do it as well but they have continuity. We have Simmons in a new expanded role of a do all linebacker this season getting calls from his helmet for the first time and giving those calls to the rest of the defense. His 1st time EVER wearing the helmet and working on relaying calls was the first regular season game vs the Chiefs of all teams. How the team didn't think getting some burn with relaying calls for Simmons in his 2nd year in an expanded role is incomprehensible. Such a failure of an organization at many levels.
The thing is, I don’t think Keim is capable of figuring out how to draft well. This team doesn’t have the talent necessary to succeed. And I don’t think Kliff is capable of figuring out how to head coach. This team doesn’t have the guts or inspiration required to succeed. He has been pussyfooting his offense for three years now with short throws on 3rd and long, miscommunications with his QB leading to burning his timeouts, etc.

So I don’t think we’ll figure anything out (sure, if you count making the playoffs and then getting blasted by any good team- we can figure that out) until Keim and Kliff are gone. Therefore, I need the Ls to stack and the criticism that will follow to hurry and arrive.
I hear you. There are some massive gaps. The biggest problem is both of these guys are signed through 2027. I can't believe ownership extended both of them. I feel like we're married to them both and that really sucks.
We suck again

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Welp.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:44 pm
Welp.
We suck again

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:28 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:44 pm
Welp.
We suck again
still

Split T

Post by Split T »

I didn’t watch, but losing by 3 to an undefeated eagles team doesn’t seem terrible

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:28 am
I didn’t watch, but losing by 3 to an undefeated eagles team doesn’t seem terrible
Well, it ended as the Cardinals were driving down the field, Kyler slid a yard too early on 2nd down, which made it 3rd & 1 with 22 seconds left and he spiked it to stop the clock, which made it 4th & 1. This forced the team to put out their kicking team to tie the game and the kicker (Amendola) sliced it badly. It was the way they lost the game.

They were down 14-0 to start, but were able to come back to tie it up at 17-17. They keep getting themselves in a rut where they look horrible on both sides of the ball and then they settle down and start to turn it around.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I heard about the ending…it’s weird how poorly this team starts but then does manage to flip it around in the 2nd half

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
It was

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:45 pm
Split T wrote:
It was
Not talking about the ending though…that does sound like typical Cardinals stuff. Defense holding the Eagles to 20 is good. I think the bones of a good team is in there and you won’t see me arguing for Kliff…think he needs to go to bring it out consistently. Unfortunately, Hopkins will be back soon and help cover up our issues…get us to 9 wins and keep Kliff his job.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:12 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
It was
Not talking about the ending though…that does sound like typical Cardinals stuff. Defense holding the Eagles to 20 is good. I think the bones of a good team is in there and you won’t see me arguing for Kliff…think he needs to go to bring it out consistently. Unfortunately, Hopkins will be back soon and help cover up our issues…get us to 9 wins and keep Kliff his job.
We sucked. We made all the same mistakes we make every game. Burned time outs, poor pre snap reads by Kyler, horrible play calling continuously throwing the ball behind the line of scrimmage. Our offense is a mess, our execution is poor, and our coaching is tremendously bad other than an overachieving defense that Joseph had to get a lot of credit for.

This team has shown no signs of progress in three years. We’ve had fluke wins, but nobody would watch a cardinals game and mistake them for a real contender or even a well coached team.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:28 pm
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
It was
We sucked. We made all the same mistakes we make every game. Burned time outs, poor pre snap reads by Kyler, horrible play calling continuously throwing the ball behind the line of scrimmage. Our offense is a mess, our execution is poor, and our coaching is tremendously bad other than an overachieving defense that Joseph had to get a lot of credit for.

This team has shown no signs of progress in three years. We’ve had fluke wins, but nobody would watch a cardinals game and mistake them for a real contender or even a well coached team.
This. No idea why Kingsbury continues to run gadget plays with Moore. "Let's keep throwing the ball 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage to Moore and have his 5ft8 counterparts (since we have so many tiny receivers) block for him!". I wonder why he gets smashed at the line of scrimmage 9 out of 10 times? But because 1 out of 10 times we get a first down, Kliff thinks it's some sort of genius play. We also love doing reverse handoffs to Moore so he can get hit in the backfield.

My favorite is when we're regularly at 3rd and 3. Instead of going for the 1st down on an easy play for 4 yards, Kliff calls plays where we air it out and almost always miss the pass and have a 4th and 3. Meanwhile, it's 3rd and 12 and he dials up a draw play handoff to Conner.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:11 am
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:28 pm
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
It was

This. No idea why Kingsbury continues to run gadget plays with Moore. "Let's keep throwing the ball 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage to Moore and have his 5ft8 counterparts (since we have so many tiny receivers) block for him!". I wonder why he gets smashed at the line of scrimmage 9 out of 10 times? But because 1 out of 10 times we get a first down, Kliff thinks it's some sort of genius play. We also love doing reverse handoffs to Moore so he can get hit in the backfield.

My favorite is when we're regularly at 3rd and 3. Instead of going for the 1st down on an easy play for 4 yards, Kliff calls plays where we air it out and almost always miss the pass and have a 4th and 3. Meanwhile, it's 3rd and 12 and he dials up a draw play handoff to Conner.
Kliff is a QB coach at best. I just don’t see much value in him at all. Rather we’re all idiots, or he sucks. Everyone can see the ridiculousness in his play calls.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Was only partially following along, but that was an atrocious showing for the offense against a bad defense. Kliff needs to be gone tomorrow. Keim needs to go to.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

They'll probably offer contract extensions to both.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

We still suck! Keim still sucks! Kliff still sucks! Kyler still is underperforming!