Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
specialsauce

Re: Cardinals

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:16 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:05 pm
And the 7 whole points we dropped on em in the first 3 quarters of play was just an avalanche of a performance by Kyler and Kliff. Just fantastic offensive display. They’ve really matured and grown together in their three years. So smart, students of the game. I can tell they put at least four hours of film time in this week.
Lol. This pathetic organization paid Kliff and Keim through 2027 this off-season based on being fucking garbage. Imagine not showing up for your job 2 days a week and constantly turning in shit work when you are there followed by a fat promotion for being terrible? That's Keim and Kingsbury. Tiny man got paid too but I honestly think with an actual head coach and GM that knew wtf they are doing, he'd be a decent QB winning a good chunk of games. Who knows. Either way, this team is in the bed they put themselves in. Fuck them.
A total clown show. I can’t believe bidwell looked at the last several seasons and said these two morons deserve a fat extension so high that it puts Keims blood alcohol level to shame. What a fucking idiot.

Split T

Post by Split T »

You guys might be better off not watching

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It didn't look good going into the game, and the game went exactly like I thought it would.

I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see more of Trey McBride and figuring out how to use 2 TE sets, while they were without Moore and Hopkins.

I was very disappointed in the defense, and especially the LBs Collins & Simmons. They were atrocious as was the whole defense.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I should say that I’m definitely not a fan of Keim/Kliff. I think Kyler can be good and he’s shown as much at times, but I don’t think we’ve put him in the best position to succeed. When everyone is healthy and off suspension, I think we have the offense to support Kyler, but the defense is just not good.

It’s absolutely inexcusable that we spent back to back 1st round picks on off-ball linebackers and neither are that good. I was in support of the Simmons pick as he looked like a freak hybrid defensive player that could play anywhere, but he’s disappointed on the field. It’s just not a premium position and you have to be absolutely sure of the player if you take them that high.

Love JJ Watt, but he just can’t stay healthy at this point. He’s great when he plays, but he’s basically AD like someone mentioned earlier. And when he’s not out there our D-line sucks. And we didn’t replace Jones, so we don’t have much of an edge either. So we’ve got a very underwhelming front 5 and our 2 ILB look like flops as well. I think our secondary is decent, but has no depth at all. We could also definitely use another starting level cb.

I wasn’t expecting much from this team, but was hopeful they could sneak into a wildcard spot and have a shot at winning a round if they were healthy and clicking.

I still think the nfc is wide wide open though, so I’m not gonna dig their grave. The nfc west might start 0-4. Packers are meh…Who’s the best team in the nfc? Bucs? Vikings? Eagles? 9-8 will probably get you into the playoffs and no one really scares me as an opponent. We’ll see if anyone emerges as a powerhouse.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Bravo. Bravo. Just phenomenal drafting and talent acquisition. Amazing coaching. Players that don’t just crumble under the slightest pressure and have enormous brains and give it all. What a team! What an Organization!!!

Split T

Post by Split T »

The Cards look so bad. Maybe a full season of this is what it’ll take to get rid of Kliff/Keim/Vance

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

These guys suck.

I really don't understand how everyone can see it happening but the organization keeps their head in the sand. Even worse, they dug the hole deeper during the offseason. A true masterclass of ineptitude.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well not a bad 2nd half after that atrocious first half

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

OMG. What a tale of two halves. Murray definitely the MVP of the game.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wait, what? :lol:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I am a Dolphins fan and a casual observer of the Cards. What a fucking Sunday.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I've never heard so much whining about a win before. ;) :P
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

We are so lucky (or unlucky) that the Raiders just completely blow even worse.

How many times are we going to get presnap penalties on offense or blow timeouts because the coach and qB can’t figure out what the fuck they are going to do?

Marco Wilson is not an NFL player, and it’s Keims fault that we’re relying on him to be a #2 and two completely overrated young linebackers to run the show on D for us.

This comeback was cute. So was Hail Murray. These are things that loser teams celebrate instead of focusing on the fact and being upset and mention that they should never have been down that big to begin with.

I was rooting for an 0-7 start to put some pressure on Bidwill to actually fire his GM

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

They were nearly boat raced by a team who's also amongst the worst in the league. Murphy nearly throwing the ball into the stands milliseconds before crossing the goal line is a microcosm of this team.

I honestly don't really care much for the Cardinals or the NFL in general, but some of my family and friends do so I hope they can feel some satisfaction for the money they spend on that organization. That's pretty much the only reason I follow the team at all, and I hope the impending utter failure will finally get them off the hamster wheel of mediocrity.

Split T

Post by Split T »

They looked like the worst team in football in the 1st half, flipped that to looking pretty good in the 2nd half. Defense was getting stops and offense was doing their job. I’d like to move on from Kliff/Keim as well, but I’m gonna enjoy the times when we play well in the process.

One thing I’ve noticed is it seems Kyler and the offense play much better when he’s willing to run. It’s his best skill and he needs to use it more.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I was entertained. That's the point of all of it, other than a championship. Being entertained along the way. I have low expectations for this team so any wins are that much better.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya that’s how I see it, I’m not nearly as committed to the Cards as I am the suns. Of course I want them to win, but I’m just looking for some entertainment mostly.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:02 am
I was entertained. That's the point of all of it, other than a championship. Being entertained along the way. I have low expectations for this team so any wins are that much better.
I think wins now get in the way of a contending team because it delays the inevitable termination of the coach and GM

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:31 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
I think wins now get in the way of a contending team because it delays the inevitable termination of the coach and GM
Or forces them to figure this shit out. I think camp cupcake and no preseason games for our starters has been horrible. I know other teams do it as well but they have continuity. We have Simmons in a new expanded role of a do all linebacker this season getting calls from his helmet for the first time and giving those calls to the rest of the defense. His 1st time EVER wearing the helmet and working on relaying calls was the first regular season game vs the Chiefs of all teams. How the team didn't think getting some burn with relaying calls for Simmons in his 2nd year in an expanded role is incomprehensible. Such a failure of an organization at many levels.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:38 am
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:31 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Or forces them to figure this shit out. I think camp cupcake and no preseason games for our starters has been horrible. I know other teams do it as well but they have continuity. We have Simmons in a new expanded role of a do all linebacker this season getting calls from his helmet for the first time and giving those calls to the rest of the defense. His 1st time EVER wearing the helmet and working on relaying calls was the first regular season game vs the Chiefs of all teams. How the team didn't think getting some burn with relaying calls for Simmons in his 2nd year in an expanded role is incomprehensible. Such a failure of an organization at many levels.
The thing is, I don’t think Keim is capable of figuring out how to draft well. This team doesn’t have the talent necessary to succeed. And I don’t think Kliff is capable of figuring out how to head coach. This team doesn’t have the guts or inspiration required to succeed. He has been pussyfooting his offense for three years now with short throws on 3rd and long, miscommunications with his QB leading to burning his timeouts, etc.

So I don’t think we’ll figure anything out (sure, if you count making the playoffs and then getting blasted by any good team- we can figure that out) until Keim and Kliff are gone. Therefore, I need the Ls to stack and the criticism that will follow to hurry and arrive.