Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Re: Cardinals

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:09 pm
The Cards might finish with a winning record if they could play the Lions every week.
At least a non-losing record. :)
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:04 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:09 pm
The Cards might finish with a winning record if they could play the Lions every week.
At least a non-losing record. :)
How can it be called "winning percentage" when a team can be .500 without winning a game?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

They technically have half a win and half a loss. Because the NFL is stupid when it comes to overtime and allowing for ties.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Kyler Murray is impressive!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

jonh

Post by jonh »

3 wins in a row! Never thought I'd see that this season!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

jonh wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:13 am
3 wins in a row! Never thought I'd see that this season!
Agree! 8 sacks yesterday, 4 from Chandler Jones! I think the 3rd game in a row that Kyler Murray hasn't had a turnover either. And Chase Edmonds with 3 TDs!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Reliably beating bad teams has exceeded my expectations. Kudos to Kingsbury and his staff for that.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

carey

Post by carey »

Thoughts on facing my Saints? Brees is still out. I feel we are due for a stinker soon and we struggle against mobile QBs. We also have several starters out on defense now as well as our star RB.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Edmonds looks like a better runner than Johnson anyways...of course Johnson offers a lot more in the passing game. I’d like to see the Cardinals use Edmonds more at the RB spot the rest of the year. We’re thin at wr anyways and could use Johnson out there.

Can’t imagine us beating the saints though. They’ve gone 5-0 without brees and beaten some pretty solid teams. I think the Giants/Bengals/Falcons are like 3-18 combined, so not exactly a huge accomplishment to beat them.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Split T wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:07 pm
Edmonds looks like a better runner than Johnson anyways...of course Johnson offers a lot more in the passing game. I’d like to see the Cardinals use Edmonds more at the RB spot the rest of the year. We’re thin at wr anyways and could use Johnson out there.

Can’t imagine us beating the saints though. They’ve gone 5-0 without brees and beaten some pretty solid teams. I think the Giants/Bengals/Falcons are like 3-18 combined, so not exactly a huge accomplishment to beat them.
But regardless of how poor those teams are, I'm sure none of us expected the Cardinals to reel off 3 in a row.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'll be impressed if they can get 2 division wins.

Split T

Post by Split T »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:18 pm
Split T wrote:

But regardless of how poor those teams are, I'm sure none of us expected the Cardinals to reel off 3 in a row.
Oh for sure, just think our 3-3-1 record is slightly misleading...I don’t expect us to finish .500, but 6-7 wins is still good progress.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:52 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:18 pm
Split T wrote:

Oh for sure, just think our 3-3-1 record is slightly misleading...I don’t expect us to finish .500, but 6-7 wins is still good progress.
certainly better than an 0-6 team...

jonh

Post by jonh »

I'd love for the Suns to be around .500 7 games into the season. I had thought I had heard Brees was playing this week-has that changed?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

jonh wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:41 am
I'd love for the Suns to be around .500 7 games into the season. I had thought I had heard Brees was playing this week-has that changed?
I've been hearing the same. He had been targeting this date since his injury to return. A few articles from the other day point to his return on Sunday. They're going to evaluate him Wednesday and make a decision.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

carey

Post by carey »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:30 am
I've been hearing the same. He had been targeting this date since his injury to return. A few articles from the other day point to his return on Sunday. They're going to evaluate him Wednesday and make a decision.
Brees seems to think he can override Payton and decide for himself if he's playing or not. He says he is but I don't see the sense in rushing him back before the bye-week. Brees coming back and being rusty is the best case scenario for the Cardinals.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cards just traded David Johnson and a 2nd round pick for Deandre Hopkins...it’s crazy how good a trade this is for us. David Johnson was terrible and way overpaid last year. Hopkins is 27 and a top 3 WR in the game. Now at 8 we can take the best defensive player. Isaiah Simmons or Derrick Brown if they are there. Or trade down and add more picks. Next year could be fun!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Please let it be Simmons...please let it be Simmons...please let it be Simmons...
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’d love Simmons, feel like his combine probably moved him too high though.