Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Cap

Re: Cardinals

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:12 pm
jonh wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:55 pm
Not a fan of the pick at all. Such a McD approach--load up on a certain position and devalue the current player there before taking the pick. Rosen's value is going to only drop as the hours go by.
Feel like sticking with Rosen simply because you spent a 1st on him last year is worse. Ideally we’d move Rosen before drafting Kyler, but teams are gonna wait until they see who’s available at their draft spots.

If Kyler Murray is your guy, you just take him. Get what you can for Rosen.
Murray is everybody’s guy. If we don’t have a deal in place for Rosen already, we should be willing to listen to offers for either one of them. Maybe somebody will blow us away with an offer for Murray and we can’t find a good deal for Rosen. Might as well be flexible and explore all options.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Maybe Murray will be phenomenal, but I'm less convinced that he'll stay healthy through most of any given season. The Cardinals will always need a quality backup if Murray is the starter.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:19 pm
Maybe Murray will be phenomenal, but I'm less convinced that he'll stay healthy through most of any given season. The Cardinals will always need a quality backup if Murray is the starter.
The odds of Rosen humbly accepting a backup position to Murray is about as likely as IT feeling fantastic about backing up Dragic and the guy that hates being at his barber.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

jonh wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:27 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:19 pm
The odds of Rosen humbly accepting a backup position to Murray is about as likely as IT feeling fantastic about backing up Dragic and the guy that hates being at his barber.
Why? Is Rosen suddenly an elite QB?

It's a competition. If he thinks he's better then he should prove it.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

good trade for Rosen?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:08 pm
good trade for Rosen?
Looks like might be to Miami for #48

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:35 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:08 pm
good trade for Rosen?
Looks like might be to Miami for #48
Looks like it was even lower than that.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, Miami traded back from 48 to 62 and traded 62 for Rosen.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Well i hope he turns out to be the QB we need in Miami

Split T

Post by Split T »

You a dolphins fan? I think it’s great value for you guys. Cards already paid his signing bonus, so you get a 1st round QB for a 2nd round pick and only gotta pay him 6 million over the next 3 years. If he pans out, you’ve got a steal...if he doesn’t, it really didn’t cost you much.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:05 am
You a dolphins fan? I think it’s great value for you guys. Cards already paid his signing bonus, so you get a 1st round QB for a 2nd round pick and only gotta pay him 6 million over the next 3 years. If he pans out, you’ve got a steal...if he doesn’t, it really didn’t cost you much.
Exactly. And I am a Dolphins fan, but I spend about a 100th of the energy in my fandom than I do with the Suns.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I know it's not a Cards take, but I was happy for a couple local players that got picked by the Bengals. Ryan Finley and Jordan Brown. I've known them before they became football players or even went to high school together. I've seen them grow as athletes and men over the years. They are both great human beings from great families. Both even started together on the State Championship Paradise Valley High School basketball team. I never doubted that they could both have their names called, just very focused, smart and hard workers.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Max Kellerman on ESPN's First Take today said that "Larry Fitzgerald MIGHT be a HOFer because of longevity like Vince Carter." Or something to that effect. Come on...
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ridiculous...he could have an outside shot at being the all time receptions leader if he decides to keep playing a few years

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Patrick Peterson suspended 6 games for shooting up steroids. Way to go.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

jonh

Post by jonh »

Has anyone been watching training camp? I heard that Murray was impressive over the first 2 days.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ouch

jonh

Post by jonh »

Interesting Jeckyll/Hyde game yesterday. I think its impossible to draw any conclusions for the next few weeks.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:09 am
ouch
Agreed. Up until the 4th quarter, that was as painful as last season.

And then...
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Cards might finish with a winning record if they could play the Lions every week.