Around the NFL

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
TOO

Around the NFL

Post by TOO »

Franchised
Carolina - DE Greg Hardy
New Orleans - TE/WR Jimmy Graham
NY Jets - K Nick Folk
Washington - LB Brian Orakpo

Surprisingly not franchised
Jairus Byrd

A lot of DB help available in FA this year.

Bucs have new unis, which are atrocious.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... something/
πŸ‘€ Fire Frank Vogel.

carey

Re: Around the NFL

Post by carey »

That's the prevailing opinion on twitter, but I actually don't mind them. I think the digital clock numbers are kind of interesting. Dunno what the huge complaint is honestly.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

They look like something from the XFL. Very minor league if you ask me, also them clock numbers are something else.. But not in a good way.
πŸ‘€ Fire Frank Vogel.

Kidd Karma

Post by Kidd Karma »

Buffalo was happier with Aaron Williams as their Byrd replacement, 4 years 26 million.

Toss in my favorite for the Raiders this offseason....Alex Mack was transitioned tagged....Browns have 7 days to match any contract.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Browns have a ton of cap, I'd expect them to match any Mack offer and persue Byrd since their new HC came from Buffalo and Ward is a FA.
πŸ‘€ Fire Frank Vogel.

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Franchised
Carolina - DE Greg Hardy
New Orleans - TE/WR Jimmy Graham
NY Jets - K Nick Folk
Washington - LB Brian Orakpo

Surprisingly not franchised
Jairus Byrd

A lot of DB help available in FA this year.

Bucs have new unis, which are atrocious.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... something/
Would you offer 2 1st round picks to snag Jimmy from the saints. Ive heard it talked about, but im not sure id pull the trigger.
You sold me two quier giraffes

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

carey wrote:That's the prevailing opinion on twitter, but I actually don't mind them. I think the digital clock numbers are kind of interesting. Dunno what the huge complaint is honestly.
I like them.

carey

Post by carey »

JeffreyLee wrote:Would you offer 2 1st round picks to snag Jimmy from the saints. Ive heard it talked about, but im not sure id pull the trigger.
It makes sense for a team like Seattle who'll likely pick at the end of the 1st in the next few years and who need a tight end/offensive playmaker. It's not really the 2 firsts. It's the 2 firsts and the fact you have to pay him $10-$12Mil a year after that. Plus they seem to do really really well in the mid rounds and with UDFAs.

Or, someone like Miami that is so talent starved and really needs someone for Tannehill to throw too and sucks at drafting anyway. :lol:
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Seattle makes a ton of sense for Graham. For the reasons carey stated, plus Wilson NEEDS a realiable weapon if they want him to progress past being a game manager. Graham and a 100% Harvin with Lynch and that D, oh my.
πŸ‘€ Fire Frank Vogel.

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Seattle makes a ton of sense for Graham. For the reasons carey stated, plus Wilson NEEDS a realiable weapon if they want him to progress past being a game manager. Graham and a 100% Harvin with Lynch and that D, oh my.
Him and Kap keep getting called "game managers" But they have been the best teams the last 3 years. Im ok with Carson being a "game manager" if he can be that. Id rather have that then a gun slinger. I do like the excitment , but i like superbowls more. But hes a terrific young talent.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Wilson is a game manager. He threw for less than 220 yards 9 times last year (12 if you include the playoffs) He is talented no doubt, but he's not elite. He struggles when they cant run. Being a game manager isnt a bad thing, it got Aikman to the HOF even though his career numbers are a joke.

Kaepernick is the same, though more physically talented, he's a mediocre passer. Neither are at the level where they can be relied on to beat you with their arms yet. Could they get there? Sure. Will they? I dunno.
πŸ‘€ Fire Frank Vogel.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I like the new Bucs unis. It reminds me of how people thought about the Seahawks uniforms when they were changed recently, now most people I talk to think they might be the best in the league.

I'm a Cards fan and although I was disappointed that Dansby left for the Browns, I don't blame them for just letting him go. I do love the signing of Darth Veldheer. I sure hope that that the line improves, and it should with a health Cooper on the left side too. Still think they need a long term solution on the right side too.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Kidd Karma

Post by Kidd Karma »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Wilson is a game manager. He threw for less than 220 yards 9 times last year (12 if you include the playoffs) He is talented no doubt, but he's not elite. He struggles when they cant run. Being a game manager isnt a bad thing, it got Aikman to the HOF even though his career numbers are a joke.

Kaepernick is the same, though more physically talented, he's a mediocre passer. Neither are at the level where they can be relied on to beat you with their arms yet. Could they get there? Sure. Will they? I dunno.
I don't think you should be qualifying a QB as a game manager by stats. What should he be doing putting it up 50 times a game to get the 400 yards passing just to evolve that game manager moniker? The QB is the most important position on the field today, without a good one, you're not winning. You need to look at the game scenarios, OMG Wilson didn't throw for 400 yards in the SuperBowl.....even though it was a blow out by half time? Come on, this is a team game and you play the game to win. They have a stout defense, the beast at RB and big time leads come the 4th quarter. SF is a similarly built team. Kaep almost singlehandedly threw his way back into his SuperBowl, one play short. There's nothing wrong with their arms. They are great QBs, now, not in 1 year or 2, now. Not in the Dilfer Brad Johnson molds. Both guys ability to extend plays and throwing frozen ropes on the run is huge, they are so highly skilled, not only intellectually, but the physical tools as well.

Kidd Karma

Post by Kidd Karma »

In2ition wrote:I like the new Bucs unis. It reminds me of how people thought about the Seahawks uniforms when they were changed recently, now most people I talk to think they might be the best in the league.

I'm a Cards fan and although I was disappointed that Dansby left for the Browns, I don't blame them for just letting him go. I do love the signing of Darth Veldheer. I sure hope that that the line improves, and it should with a health Cooper on the left side too. Still think they need a long term solution on the right side too.
Hulk Veldheer, he's a RT, darn it, just let me believe my GM for letting him walk for so cheap. Seriously, it's a pretty darn sweet deal, he may not be top 5 LT's in the league, but he's worth every penny....Palmer knows.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Kidd Karma wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Wilson is a game manager. He threw for less than 220 yards 9 times last year (12 if you include the playoffs) He is talented no doubt, but he's not elite. He struggles when they cant run. Being a game manager isnt a bad thing, it got Aikman to the HOF even though his career numbers are a joke.

I don't think you should be qualifying a QB as a game manager by stats. What should he be doing putting it up 50 times a game to get the 400 yards passing just to evolve that game manager moniker? The QB is the most important position on the field today, without a good one, you're not winning. You need to look at the game scenarios, OMG Wilson didn't throw for 400 yards in the SuperBowl.....even though it was a blow out by half time? Come on, this is a team game and you play the game to win. They have a stout defense, the beast at RB and big time leads come the 4th quarter. SF is a similarly built team. Kaep almost singlehandedly threw his way back into his SuperBowl, one play short. There's nothing wrong with their arms. They are great QBs, now, not in 1 year or 2, now. Not in the Dilfer Brad Johnson molds. Both guys ability to extend plays and throwing frozen ropes on the run is huge, they are so highly skilled, not only intellectually, but the physical tools as well.
Disagree. Until either can be counted on when the going gets tough (aka when their team cant run) then they arent great. Neither Wilson nor Kaep have shown they can be a good QB on a consistent basis. They both have the luxury of great running games and defenses. Stats matter as a QB, just because you win a SB doesn't mean youre any good, see Eli Manning. You just dont throw for under 200 yards regularly, the D is what makes Wilson and Kaep look good.
πŸ‘€ Fire Frank Vogel.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I dont understand what the Saints are doing, break the bank for a S when Jenkins was already solid and the trade arguably your 3rd best weapon behind Graham/Brees? Odd.
πŸ‘€ Fire Frank Vogel.

carey

Post by carey »

Jenkins kind of sucks. Had a negative grade last year. Byrd was 3rd best FS in the league. Still....
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Still 28m guarantee for a position that wasn't in dire shape is odd w/Graham in limbo.
πŸ‘€ Fire Frank Vogel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Jarius Byrd gets that money like a Duck should. 8-)

Does anyone else think this DeSean Jackson gang stuff is ridiculous? I don't get why the Eagles didn't just come out and say they think he's annoying and not worth the money he makes and will want in the future. Overall, bad judgment by my guy CK, IMO.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

The Eagles said nothing about gang ties, Chip cut him because he's a malcontent than nobody liked. There are reports that he cursed Chip out numerous times, fought with coaches, missed meetings etc.. He also admitted quitting in 2011 due to a contract dispute, he sealed his own fate. The gang stuff was media speculation, nothing else.
πŸ‘€ Fire Frank Vogel.