Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 3325
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:25 pm

Nodack wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:02 am
I was at Walmart today. They have a guy about fifty feet before the entrance making sure only so many people are allowed to enter at a time. At the door they now have security making sure everyone has a mask.

My wife was in a different Walmart several days earlier and some weren’t wearing their masks inside. My wife asked why they weren’t policing that and the security guard said because a security guard at another store tried to make someone wear a mask and they came back and shot the security guard. He said it wasn’t worth dying for.
Also not worth dying for; going to WalMart.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 3645
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by Nodack » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:03 pm

Hard to go six months without going grocery shopping. I feel relatively safe when I see everyone else wearing masks around me and keeping their distance.

Drewsprocket
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by Drewsprocket » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:25 pm

In2ition wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:51 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:03 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:08 am
Indy wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:32 am
In2ition wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:27 pm
My dad has COPD, and I wouldn't say masks are helpful for him to wear. Is he delusional?
Is he delusional? I don't get the question. If you are saying your dad thinks masks won't help prevent the spread of the disease, then yes, he is delusional. If you are asking if he is delusional because wearing a mask might increase his disease, then no, he isn't delusional. If you have COPD, some masks can make it harder to breathe.

whether you say it is helpful or not for him to wear a mask doesn't really matter. if you cannot wear a mask for medical reasons, you stay away from people. you don't go to stores. you don't go pick up food at a restaurant. you stay away. especially if you already have breathing problems and are therefore more at risk being killed by the virus.
The question was in reference to "Anyone who thinks masks don't help or are more harmful because of "lack of oxygen/increase in CO2" is delusional. Sorry." I'm sure when he believes that masks help to not spread Covid, but it's also harmful to him because of lack of oxygen/increase in CO2. They aren't mutually exclusive. Heck, he doesn't go outside if it's hot, humid or windy, that's how much his breathing is affected. Yes, he stays away from being around people. He has his meals and groceries delivered, and hardly ever goes out. He's in a good community that doesn't have any cases, but he can't risk it either.
Your dad is the reason I’m so quick to snap at 30 year olds in the ED who complain that wearing a mask is “difficult”, or wear it with their nose out, in my face, with a +Covid test. It’s completely irresponsible and shows a complete lack of consideration for people like your father.

Glad he’s doing all the right things to stay safe
If you have a +Covid test, you should be doing everything you can to make sure you don't spread it. There is no reason to be cavalier about it, when you know YOU can spread it it. (And I don't mean you, sauce)

Thanks, and I hope he stays safe too.
My grandad died related to covid. My family who cared for him had it but held an indoor memorial service before even getting their results back. Just a damn shame. They even tried to cover up that covid was what led to his passing.
You just can’t rely on people to be responsible out there. I love them and think they’re good people but just ignorant and careless and minimize risk factors. I’d advise everyone to do curbside grocery shopping or delivery. And if you must go inside, wear an N95 and goggles. Good public health safety precautions were tossed aside for cloth mask wearing which is just a bare minimum. They could have had red MAGA masks for all I care from the goddamned start. Now, unbeknownst to many infected who cleared the virus, they just have wrecked immune systems and delusions that their bravado and bluster kept them from death’s door.
It’s absurd that our administration didn’t roll out a large endeavor to create enough PPE and other greater efforts to prevent infection. We would be far safer and more socially functional had we prevented spread from the start. Many go government scientists who knew better back in late December and January what was coming but were muzzled in lieu of a response based on blind optimism, wishful thinking, and ultimately selfish politicking.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 18294
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by Superbone » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:21 pm

Drewsprocket wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:25 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:51 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:03 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:08 am
Indy wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:32 am

Is he delusional? I don't get the question. If you are saying your dad thinks masks won't help prevent the spread of the disease, then yes, he is delusional. If you are asking if he is delusional because wearing a mask might increase his disease, then no, he isn't delusional. If you have COPD, some masks can make it harder to breathe.

whether you say it is helpful or not for him to wear a mask doesn't really matter. if you cannot wear a mask for medical reasons, you stay away from people. you don't go to stores. you don't go pick up food at a restaurant. you stay away. especially if you already have breathing problems and are therefore more at risk being killed by the virus.
The question was in reference to "Anyone who thinks masks don't help or are more harmful because of "lack of oxygen/increase in CO2" is delusional. Sorry." I'm sure when he believes that masks help to not spread Covid, but it's also harmful to him because of lack of oxygen/increase in CO2. They aren't mutually exclusive. Heck, he doesn't go outside if it's hot, humid or windy, that's how much his breathing is affected. Yes, he stays away from being around people. He has his meals and groceries delivered, and hardly ever goes out. He's in a good community that doesn't have any cases, but he can't risk it either.
Your dad is the reason I’m so quick to snap at 30 year olds in the ED who complain that wearing a mask is “difficult”, or wear it with their nose out, in my face, with a +Covid test. It’s completely irresponsible and shows a complete lack of consideration for people like your father.

Glad he’s doing all the right things to stay safe
If you have a +Covid test, you should be doing everything you can to make sure you don't spread it. There is no reason to be cavalier about it, when you know YOU can spread it it. (And I don't mean you, sauce)

Thanks, and I hope he stays safe too.
My grandad died related to covid. My family who cared for him had it but held an indoor memorial service before even getting their results back. Just a damn shame. They even tried to cover up that covid was what led to his passing.
You just can’t rely on people to be responsible out there. I love them and think they’re good people but just ignorant and careless and minimize risk factors. I’d advise everyone to do curbside grocery shopping or delivery. And if you must go inside, wear an N95 and goggles. Good public health safety precautions were tossed aside for cloth mask wearing which is just a bare minimum. They could have had red MAGA masks for all I care from the goddamned start. Now, unbeknownst to many infected who cleared the virus, they just have wrecked immune systems and delusions that their bravado and bluster kept them from death’s door.
It’s absurd that our administration didn’t roll out a large endeavor to create enough PPE and other greater efforts to prevent infection. We would be far safer and more socially functional had we prevented spread from the start. Many go government scientists who knew better back in late December and January what was coming but were muzzled in lieu of a response based on blind optimism, wishful thinking, and ultimately selfish politicking.
Really sorry to hear that. So sad and could have been avoided. I just lost my uncle on Friday but it was cancer that got him. Not covid. He was healthy and stayed in great shape his whole life but you just can't beat cancer. Especially when it gets in your bones. He was 86.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

Drewsprocket
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by Drewsprocket » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:32 pm

Superbone wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:21 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:25 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:51 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:03 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:08 am


The question was in reference to "Anyone who thinks masks don't help or are more harmful because of "lack of oxygen/increase in CO2" is delusional. Sorry." I'm sure when he believes that masks help to not spread Covid, but it's also harmful to him because of lack of oxygen/increase in CO2. They aren't mutually exclusive. Heck, he doesn't go outside if it's hot, humid or windy, that's how much his breathing is affected. Yes, he stays away from being around people. He has his meals and groceries delivered, and hardly ever goes out. He's in a good community that doesn't have any cases, but he can't risk it either.
Your dad is the reason I’m so quick to snap at 30 year olds in the ED who complain that wearing a mask is “difficult”, or wear it with their nose out, in my face, with a +Covid test. It’s completely irresponsible and shows a complete lack of consideration for people like your father.

Glad he’s doing all the right things to stay safe
If you have a +Covid test, you should be doing everything you can to make sure you don't spread it. There is no reason to be cavalier about it, when you know YOU can spread it it. (And I don't mean you, sauce)

Thanks, and I hope he stays safe too.
My grandad died related to covid. My family who cared for him had it but held an indoor memorial service before even getting their results back. Just a damn shame. They even tried to cover up that covid was what led to his passing.
You just can’t rely on people to be responsible out there. I love them and think they’re good people but just ignorant and careless and minimize risk factors. I’d advise everyone to do curbside grocery shopping or delivery. And if you must go inside, wear an N95 and goggles. Good public health safety precautions were tossed aside for cloth mask wearing which is just a bare minimum. They could have had red MAGA masks for all I care from the goddamned start. Now, unbeknownst to many infected who cleared the virus, they just have wrecked immune systems and delusions that their bravado and bluster kept them from death’s door.
It’s absurd that our administration didn’t roll out a large endeavor to create enough PPE and other greater efforts to prevent infection. We would be far safer and more socially functional had we prevented spread from the start. Many go government scientists who knew better back in late December and January what was coming but were muzzled in lieu of a response based on blind optimism, wishful thinking, and ultimately selfish politicking.
Really sorry to hear that. So sad and could have been avoided. I just lost my uncle on Friday but it was cancer that got him. Not covid. He was healthy and stayed in great shape his whole life but you just can't beat cancer. Especially when it gets in your bones. He was 86.
Thank you. Same here. Wish you and yours well.

Online
User avatar
Indy
Posts: 10871
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by Indy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:07 am

so sorry to hear about your grandfather, drew.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 6581
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by In2ition » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:36 am

"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

Online
User avatar
Indy
Posts: 10871
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by Indy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:12 am

gald we are finding better ways to treat this.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 11646
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by Mori Chu » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:19 am

In2ition wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:36 am
Some good news.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... eath-rates
We've flattened out at around 900-1000 deaths per weekday, 300-400 deaths per weekend-day. So that's progress, I guess. But it is still stunning that every week, more Americans die of this disease than died on 9/11, and we're just getting used to it. We hardly even report on it or talk about it any more. There hasn't really been any national act of mourning or anything; it feels like we just move on.

And the case counts are sky high lately; on Oct 16 we had over +71,000 new cases, which was one of the top-5 highest increases of any day since the pandemic started. Yesterday, Oct 20, we had +62k cases. We have absolutely not gotten this pandemic under control.

(Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/)

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 6581
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by In2ition » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:03 am

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:19 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:36 am
Some good news.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... eath-rates
We've flattened out at around 900-1000 deaths per weekday, 300-400 deaths per weekend-day. So that's progress, I guess. But it is still stunning that every week, more Americans die of this disease than died on 9/11, and we're just getting used to it. We hardly even report on it or talk about it any more. There hasn't really been any national act of mourning or anything; it feels like we just move on.

And the case counts are sky high lately; on Oct 16 we had over +71,000 new cases, which was one of the top-5 highest increases of any day since the pandemic started. Yesterday, Oct 20, we had +62k cases. We have absolutely not gotten this pandemic under control.

(Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/)
Sorry for posting what I thought would be a little bit of good news.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 18294
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by Superbone » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:50 am

Hopefully this will lighten the mood:

Coronavirus Groaners

Finland has just closed its borders. No one will be crossing the finish line.

So many coronavirus jokes out there, it's a pandemic.

Due to the quarantine, I'll only be telling inside jokes.

Now is not the right time to surround yourself with positive people.

There will be a minor baby boom in 9 months, and then, one day in 2033, we shall witness the rise of the quaranteens.

The World Health Organization has announced that dogs cannot contract Covid-19. Dogs previously held in quarantine can now be released. To be clear, WHO let the dogs out.

Why do they call it the novel coronavirus? It's a long story…

I'll tell you a coronavirus joke now, but you'll have to wait two weeks to see if you got it.

I ran out of toilet paper and had to start using old newspapers. Times are rough.

What do you call panic-buying of sausage and cheese in Germany? The Wurst Kase scenario.

The grocery stores in France look like tornadoes have hit them. All that's left is de brie.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 18294
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by Superbone » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:51 am

In2ition wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:36 am
Some good news.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... eath-rates
Great news! If we get it now, they're much better equipped to handle it.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 6581
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by In2ition » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:24 pm

Alright all the legal and medical experts, tear this apart.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/JdPNYwwyerDR/
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 18294
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by Superbone » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:57 pm

In2ition wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:24 pm
Alright all the legal and medical experts, tear this apart.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/JdPNYwwyerDR/
Then why are you posting it? It’s a bunch of quacks. Non-practicing ophthalmologists? Give me a break.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectious ... id19/87797
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 6581
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by In2ition » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:35 am

Superbone wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:57 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:24 pm
Alright all the legal and medical experts, tear this apart.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/JdPNYwwyerDR/
Then why are you posting it? It’s a bunch of quacks. Non-practicing ophthalmologists? Give me a break.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectious ... id19/87797
Ad hominid attacks isn't what I meant. Dispute what they are saying.
BTW, those Dr's in the article weren't the one's in the video, your article didn't dispute what was said in it, and the article hasn't been updated since July. Making personal attacks on these Dr's is weird to me. Are you accusing them of giving false information with the purpose of doing harm?
Last edited by In2ition on Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

Online
User avatar
Indy
Posts: 10871
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by Indy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:48 am

that is ridiculous. talk to doctors actually treating it. that is not this group. do you really believe there is a global conspiracy among physicians to make this pandemic worse, and only 10-12 brave souls are fighting for your health? Really?!?

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 6581
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by In2ition » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:40 am

Indy wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:48 am
that is ridiculous. talk to doctors actually treating it. that is not this group. do you really believe there is a global conspiracy among physicians to make this pandemic worse, and only 10-12 brave souls are fighting for your health? Really?!?
No, I'm asking you to look into what they are saying. If I was a Dr, tbh it would be difficult to come out and stand with them knowing I was going to be ridiculed for not towing the line by other Drs. You think these are the only 12 Drs in the world that don't agree with many of the policies? That's silly. I wouldn't be quite as worried about what anonymous people that post on the internet though.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

Online
User avatar
Indy
Posts: 10871
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by Indy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:59 am

You mean to tell me that physicians, that take an oath to do no harm, would be willing to let patients die because they are worried about internet commenters?

Post Reply