Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
In2ition

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:18 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:24 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:59 am
specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:28 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:08 am

Wow, this is quite damning. It makes it sound like many in charge and higher ups of the hospital are racist and knowingly trying to kill them.
Again, sharing bullshit that you don’t know anything about. You really think there’s a worldwide conspiracy by doctors to kill people and make money? You think that level of coordination is possible?

You guys are clueless.

There are pathognomonic CT scan findings that Covid presents with that are not seen in any other illnesses. Patchy opacities bilaterally in a peripheral distribution is just a slam dunk finding. When the virus has entered the pulmonary phase and is no longer present in the nasopharynx, the swab is useless. They will test negative over and over again. The pathognomonic CT finding obviates the need for a positive NP swab.

But you wouldn’t know that. Neither would that nurse. That’s why that nurse should stick to nursing, and let the doctor be the doctor. We’re both good at what we do, and terrible outside our scope. I couldn’t be a nurse. They can’t be a doctor.

And yeah, we’re intubating people and placing them on a vent for anxiety. Sure. Lmao.

You realize intubation is the highest risk procedure for contracting COVID for healthcare workers. For the $50 I get for intubating someone, I’m going to risk my family’s life. You got it!
I'm not sure how many times JeremyG, NOT A DOCTOR, I'LL REMIND EVERYONE, is going to continue to try and stick to his guns and argue with a DOCTOR on here that is seeing the situation first hand. But hey, he saw an article and watched a YouTube video that jives with his views.
Here is the problem. Myself personally, is not questioning what sauce is saying in his own experience. I'm also not questioning his morals, intentions, motives, experience or expertise. Specialsauce, I think you're a good dude and have no reason to question you. What JeremyG presented was experience from other DOCTORS and NURSES that are on the front lines, and in some cases more so that any hospitals in AZ. We should believe that all other DOCTORS and NURSES that report different experiences to what Sauce is reporting should be discarded as bs and made up? Is that what you're saying AIG?

I have a friend that is a nurse that works in the ER that says that their hospital in Phoenix is not even close to capacity or overrun, like is being reported by ABC15 and then passed on by multiple national media people, including Rachel Maddow. Not only that, but they asked their own friends that work in other hospitals around the valley and they are saying the same thing, but that doesn't mean I don't believe what Sauce is saying. I'm sure he's seeing some nasty sh!t in regards to the virus. Should I disregard my own friend's first hand experience too?
I think it likely depends on the hospital. Maybe your friend that is a nurse works for a hospital with a lower number of patients. That doesn't make the situation overblown. Even one or two major hospitals being bombarded and overrun is too many.
I agree with that. It wasn't meant to discount what Sauce was reporting from his POV.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:16 am
Here is a powerful exposé by a whistleblower nurse from the frontlines about what has been going on in a public hospital in NYC, where many people have been murdered:

Wow, this is quite damning. It makes it sound like many in charge and higher ups of the hospital are racist and knowingly trying to kill them.
Again, sharing bullshit that you don’t know anything about. You really think there’s a worldwide conspiracy by doctors to kill people and make money? You think that level of coordination is possible?

You guys are clueless.

There are pathognomonic CT scan findings that Covid presents with that are not seen in any other illnesses. Patchy opacities bilaterally in a peripheral distribution is just a slam dunk finding. When the virus has entered the pulmonary phase and is no longer present in the nasopharynx, the swab is useless. They will test negative over and over again. The pathognomonic CT finding obviates the need for a positive NP swab.

But you wouldn’t know that. Neither would that nurse. That’s why that nurse should stick to nursing, and let the doctor be the doctor. We’re both good at what we do, and terrible outside our scope. I couldn’t be a nurse. They can’t be a doctor.

And yeah, we’re intubating people and placing them on a vent for anxiety. Sure. Lmao.

You realize intubation is the highest risk procedure for contracting COVID for healthcare workers. For the $50 I get for intubating someone, I’m going to risk my family’s life. You got it!
I'm not sure how many times JeremyG, NOT A DOCTOR, I'LL REMIND EVERYONE, is going to continue to try and stick to his guns and argue with a DOCTOR on here that is seeing the situation first hand. But hey, he saw an article and watched a YouTube video that jives with his views.
Here is the problem. Myself personally, is not questioning what sauce is saying in his own experience. I'm also not questioning his morals, intentions, motives, experience or expertise. Specialsauce, I think you're a good dude and have no reason to question you. What JeremyG presented was experience from other DOCTORS and NURSES that are on the front lines, and in some cases more so that any hospitals in AZ. We should believe that all other DOCTORS and NURSES that report different experiences to what Sauce is reporting should be discarded as bs and made up? Is that what you're saying AIG?

I have a friend that is a nurse that works in the ER that says that their hospital in Phoenix is not even close to capacity or overrun, like is being reported by ABC15 and then passed on by multiple national media people, including Rachel Maddow. Not only that, but they asked their own friends that work in other hospitals around the valley and they are saying the same thing, but that doesn't mean I don't believe what Sauce is saying. I'm sure he's seeing some nasty sh!t in regards to the virus. Should I disregard my own friend's first hand experience too?
What ER. I work at two level 1 trauma centers. I have friends working at every major ED in Phoenix.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:44 pm
In2ition wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:

You guys are clueless.

What ER. I work at two level 1 trauma centers. I have friends working at every major ED in Phoenix.
I'm not going to "out" them. It's not like an ER nurse has as much power or pull as an ER Dr.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

:roll:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Here is a powerful exposé by a whistleblower nurse from the frontlines about what has been going on in a public hospital in NYC, where many people have been murdered:

You guys are clueless.
That's not what she claimed. She said they are mainly inexperienced residents who are following orders from admin level higher ups.
specialsauce wrote:

But you wouldn’t know that. Neither would that nurse.
Actually, that's what she stated in the video. She said that when it's a real Covid patient you know it's Covid and you can tell immediately from the imaging (describing exactly what you are talking about in less technical language). She (and another nurse she taped) discussed two non-Covid stroke patients, and she also talked about a non-Covid patient with hyperglycemia (blood glucose of 700 mg/dL, sent to ICU due to mental confusion), among the many other patients she was talking about.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

You guys are clueless.

I never claimed it's happening in his hospital. Nice deflection.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:14 am
JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:07 am
I will stick with what Dr. Fauci himself said about masks back in March:
There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.
He was right (until the CDC reversed course and he had to change his tune). And yet we have this idiot from the U of A, in the video below, who wants mask wearing to be mandated when going to a restaurant...and what will that result in? In order to eat, everyone would have to keep moving their mask, breaking one of the most important rules for wearing a mask (don’t touch it!)!

Even mask-proponent Dr. Brian Lamb admitted to CBS Pittsburgh:
The heat and humidity build up in your mask and make a beautiful breeding ground for bacteria
The same article also discusses other dangers of wearing masks in the summer heat: https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/06 ... k-wearing/

Non-N95 masks filter down to 0.2 microns at best. Viruses (including SARS-CoV-2) are about 0.1 microns.
Although, those numbers are accurate, it isn't helpful. The virus is not a single virus floating around in nothing just squeezing through the mask. It is attached/embedded in other carriers like water/mucus.
Actually, this study found that there was more of the virus on the outside of the mask than the inside! https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectious ... id19/85814
Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:14 am
And the comment you had about re-breathing in CO2 just isn't accurate either. A CO2 molecule is 0.00065 microns. You bound together 1000 of them in a single molecule and it would still fly through a N95 mask with no issue. How do you think surgeons can spend 12 hours in the same mask doing a single surgery and not have issues with it?
They most certainly do have issues with them: https://news.stanford.edu/2020/04/14/st ... ace-masks/
N95 masks are estimated to reduce oxygen intake by anywhere from 5 to 20 percent. That’s significant, even for a healthy person. It can cause dizziness and lightheadedness. If you wear a mask long enough, it can damage the lungs. For a patient in respiratory distress, it can even be life threatening.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:47 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

You guys are clueless.

This is turning into something it shouldn't be and I apologize. I'm making it personal when I shouldn't. Just frustrated, is all. With a lot going on in this country. Most importantly, at this time, many people not taking this seriously and not taking proper safety measures. One of our dearest friends husband, 42 years old, is hanging on for dear life with near full lung failure and Covid-19 as we speak at Banner. It hits closer to home. I think until it impacts people, unfortunately, they don't take it seriously. I'm thankful my wife and I are taking safety very seriously during these times with our 6 month old daughter. I'm thankful my job allows me to work from home. We wash our hands vigorously, avoid public gatherings, we always maintain 6 feet (closer to 10-15 feet) when around others and we never go in public without wearing our masks.

Things are going to make a few more turns for the worse. I hate to say it but until a larger number of people die from Covid-19 and it's someone you're actually close to, people won't wake up and start taking the proper safety measures they should be.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

People have been worried about COVID-19 spreading more easily than the flu. The average R0 value for seasonal influenza is 1.3. The highest level COVID-19 has gotten to in Arizona is 1.10, and it has been decreasing since May 30: https://rt.live/

In fact, as you can see from the site, not a single state is currently up to 1.3.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:54 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:47 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:

You guys are clueless.

This is turning into something it shouldn't be and I apologize. I'm making it personal when I shouldn't. Just frustrated, is all. With a lot going on in this country. Most importantly, at this time, many people not taking this seriously and not taking proper safety measures. One of our dearest friends husband, 42 years old, is hanging on for dear life with near full lung failure and Covid-19 as we speak at Banner. It hits closer to home. I think until it impacts people, unfortunately, they don't take it seriously. I'm thankful my wife and I are taking safety very seriously during these times with our 6 month old daughter. I'm thankful my job allows me to work from home. We wash our hands vigorously, avoid public gatherings, we always maintain 6 feet (closer to 10-15 feet) when around others and we never go in public without wearing our masks.

Things are going to make a few more turns for the worse. I hate to say it but until a larger number of people die from Covid-19 and it's someone you're actually close to, people won't wake up and start taking the proper safety measures they should be.
I get where you're coming from. I have tried to stick to facts and not make things personal on here. I don't think most people should live in fear, but I haven't ever spoken against anyone taking safety measures. I am against government mandates. I have an almost 70-year old mother with diabetes and have tried to convince her to take extra safety precautions beyond what she even is inclined to do herself. After she got the flu in 2018, I tried to convince her to be more careful (including staying at home more) each flu season also, since she is at high risk of complications from both viruses.

My main issue with masks is that they may do more harm than good, especially if not used properly and hygienically.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

O_Gardino wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:58 am
specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:35 am
O_Gardino wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:25 am
The last couple of pages of this thread belong in the politics folder.
There’s nothing political about coronavirus. It’s a medical illness. Any attempt to make this a partisan issue is a distraction and division attempt.
JeremyG's take is almost entirely political. The govt is lying and hospitals are killing people, etc doesn't belong here.
If you go back and take a look at pages 16 and 17, you'll see that it was political before I jumped in.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

It’s just not true. Stop telling people masks do more harm than good. Flat out wrong. Everything you post is nonsense. You posted re: N95 masks. Surgical masks And fabric masks are an entirely different story. And the study about the virus being found on the outside has been debunked and found to be totally bogus.

You’re right. It’s a worldwide conspiracy. All governments, hospitals, nurses, doctors are in on it. We’re so good at fooling everyone and these “whistleblowers” are geniuses unmasking the greatest worldwide conspiracy of all time!

I am done arguing with you Jeremy. You do you. Make the world a worse place. Anybody else wants to have discussion about Covid, I’m happy to discuss my experience. Just getting home from worked. 2 more positive tests myself tonight, and 2 others highly concerning ordering repeat studies on due to negative initial tests. AZ is in it and it’s not going to get better any time soon due to these jokers.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:44 pm
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

You guys are clueless.

I'm not going to "out" them. It's not like an ER nurse has as much power or pull as an ER Dr.
Ok dude, whatever. How are you “outing” her by telling me the hospital? I don’t need to know her name. You know how many nurses work in a hospital? That’s fine. She works in the only ER in town that doesn’t see Corona apparently, a mystical place.
Last edited by specialsauce on Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

People need to wake up and realize "surge capacity" shouldn't comfort anyone. We're talking about a deadly virus maxing out an ICU. A lot of places in America are hell bent on learning the hard way that this is real. Why six feet apart and a 30 cent surgical mask is so freaking hard I'll never understand. Other parts of the world clearly get it without a problem.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:57 pm
People need to wake up and realize "surge capacity" shouldn't comfort anyone. We're talking about a deadly virus maxing out an ICU. A lot of places in America are hell bent on learning the hard way that this is real. Why six feet apart and a 30 cent surgical mask is so freaking hard I'll never understand. Other parts of the world clearly get it without a problem.
Surge capacity means non-ICU trained physicians caring for ICU patients. It means substandard, stretched out too thin healthcare systems. Patients will die from a scarcity of resources. Physicians, nurses and ancillary staff will make mistakes and patients will die because of unsafe staffing ratios and people practicing outside their scope out of necessity. People like Jeremy are the problem. May you never have to be hospitalized Jeremy, but if you do I wish you to gain some humility, show appreciation for what we have sacrificed in our own lives to do for your ungrateful self and understand you are not a doctor, you are not medically trained and you should sit down.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I just feel bad for you Sauce. It’s people like Jeremy, those who ignore the top scientists and doctors that are making your job a lot harder than it has to be. It’s easy for me to sit back and let Darwinism do its thing but a lot of innocent people are going to get caught in the crossfire.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:53 pm
I just feel bad for you Sauce. It’s people like Jeremy, those who ignore the top scientists and doctors that are making your job a lot harder than it has to be. It’s easy for me to sit back and let Darwinism do its thing but a lot of innocent people are going to get caught in the crossfire.
Thanks man. It’s incredibly frustrating. Every aspect of my life has changed, haven’t seen friends or family since mid March, wearing a mask in my own home to try my best not to expose the wife and kiddo.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:53 pm
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

Ok dude, whatever. How are you “outing” her by telling me the hospital? I don’t need to know her name. You know how many nurses work in a hospital? That’s fine. She works in the only ER in town that doesn’t see Corona apparently, a mystical place.
I'm sure they see it, but not as much as where you are I guess. What's so hard to believe about that? You think me saying this is what I got from them is discounting what you're going through? If that's how you feel, I'm sorry. I'm not trying to diminish what you have to deal with.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:20 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:53 pm
Thanks man. It’s incredibly frustrating. Every aspect of my life has changed, haven’t seen friends or family since mid March, wearing a mask in my own home to try my best not to expose the wife and kiddo.
Yeah, that really sucks. Hang in there. This too will pass even if it doesn’t feel like it right now.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:51 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:53 pm
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I'm sure they see it, but not as much as where you are I guess. What's so hard to believe about that? You think me saying this is what I got from them is discounting what you're going through? If that's how you feel, I'm sorry. I'm not trying to diminish what you have to deal with.
Not insulted by your nurse report In2, and you are a good guy whether we agree or disagree on things, but it does lose credibility when you can’t tell me a hospital, and Banner is almost completely full, the Honorhealth network is almost full, and I know that Dignity Health Westgate is totally full and St Joes is almost full if not full. So that gives you all the major hospital networks in town except Abrazo. So are you talking about the VA, where they have an acuity about equivalent to an urgent care? Arizona Heart hospital where they almost strictly see cardiac patients? Perspective matters.

As of yesterday we had 2!! Available ECMO machines in the ENTIRE STATE.

What is offensive is when you give people like Jeremy a voice with his YouTube videos you directly discount what the actual ED physicians are going through at work, and at home. I’m not offended by your nurse report, you have a friend telling you what they are simply seeing from their perspective. He posted a video of a “whistleblower” nurse and a FAMILY MEDICINE PHYSICIAN. Not and Ed physician. Not an ICU doctor. Some Schmuck who probably runs a wellness center and is trying to make a name for himself on TV.

Instead of listening to the masses of physicians that are telling you what we’re seeing, choosing to instead give even one second of play time and circulation of these phonies is absolutely discounting what we’re doing. I have friends that have sent their children away or have moved into hotels. Don’t for one second tell me this is not real.