Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
AmareIsGod

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:56 am
Thanks all. So far it's been manageable and not too bad. Just like a normal flu. I've been taking Tylenol every 7-8 hours to keep the fever and aches and pains at bay. The Paxlovid is three pills in the morning and three at night. Just took my second morning dose. It's for five days total. I'm getting this acidic taste at the back of my throat that apparently only 6 percent of the population experiences from the Paxlovid. But it's not too horrible and seems to go away with time after each dose. I read that it's just a temporary thing while taking the medicine.
Hmm.. Are you sure the Paxlovid isn't laced with LSD?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Glad to hear... Hope you can kick it ASAP.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:21 am
Superbone wrote:
Thanks all. So far it's been manageable and not too bad. Just like a normal flu. I've been taking Tylenol every 7-8 hours to keep the fever and aches and pains at bay. The Paxlovid is three pills in the morning and three at night. Just took my second morning dose. It's for five days total. I'm getting this acidic taste at the back of my throat that apparently only 6 percent of the population experiences from the Paxlovid. But it's not too horrible and seems to go away with time after each dose. I read that it's just a temporary thing while taking the medicine.
Hmm.. Are you sure the Paxlovid isn't laced with LSD?
Who knows? I'm not sure of anything.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In my first bout I lost all smell and taste. You have any of that?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:40 am
Same here.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Hope you're back to feeling normal soon! Watch out for any strange symptoms that pop up afterward, though. I developed chronic venous insufficiency afterward, which my doctor had never even heard of as a complication.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:59 am
Nodack wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:40 am
Same here.
Luckily none of that.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:09 am
Superbone wrote:
Hope you're back to feeling normal soon! Watch out for any strange symptoms that pop up afterward, though. I developed chronic venous insufficiency afterward, which my doctor had never even heard of as a complication.
Thanks! Wow. I don't even know what that is.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:02 am
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Basically it means your veins have a harder time pushing your blood back up your legs, and you start getting symptoms in your feet and legs. I’m sure Saucy could explain it better lol.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:17 pm
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Basically it means your veins have a harder time pushing your blood back up your legs, and you start getting symptoms in your feet and legs. I’m sure Saucy could explain it better lol.
Is there something you're able to do for it?
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:08 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Wearing compression socks helps, but that's about all I can do for now.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:15 pm
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

Got it. I've had blood clot issues way back on long flights and actually wore compression socks up to the knee on my recent trans Atlantic flights.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Explained it about as well as I can :) that’s annoying.

You have valves in your veins. As you get older or in some cases in younger patients, your one way valves don’t work as well and gravity works against the blood flowing back up to your heart. So everything pools as you keep your legs dangling after a long day sitting or walking and you get pitting edema and some skin color changes.

Wear compression, keep your legs elevated when sitting

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:17 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Got it. I've had blood clot issues way back on long flights and actually wore compression socks up to the knee on my recent trans Atlantic flights.
How are you feeling a week into it?

I’m sick after attending a festival over the weekend, so I’ll probably test tonight—hoping I didn’t get it a second time!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:15 am
Superbone wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:17 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

How are you feeling a week into it?

I’m sick after attending a festival over the weekend, so I’ll probably test tonight—hoping I didn’t get it a second time!
I'm back to normal. The fever was gone by Wednesday. The whole thing was like a mild flu. I feel pretty lucky. Not sure if the Paxlovid was a big part of that or not. I hope you didn't get it again! Keep us posted.
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Glad you're feeling better Bone and hope you don't get it Jeremy... My oldest just started his first year at college and picked up covid. He got meds yesterday (Paxlovid was one of them) and he's feeling a ton better already today. Whatever the cocktail was they gave him is really helping.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:56 am
Glad you're feeling better Bone and hope you don't get it Jeremy... My oldest just started his first year at college and picked up covid. He got meds yesterday (Paxlovid was one of them) and he's feeling a ton better already today. Whatever the cocktail was they gave him is really helping.
Did they lessen the eligibility requirements for Paxlovid? I know last December I wasn’t eligible for it, but it seemed to help my parents have a milder/quicker case.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:20 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Did they lessen the eligibility requirements for Paxlovid? I know last December I wasn’t eligible for it, but it seemed to help my parents have a milder/quicker case.
Must have... He didn't have any issue getting it from the urgent care up by NAU in flagstaff. I didn't realize there was an eligibility thing with it. God forbid you get it again but if you do it sounds like you should be able to get it this time.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Kryptonic wrote:
The Teladoc doc mentioned my age and previous heart issue in prescribing the Paxlovid but I don't know that there are stringent requirements. Wouldn't hurt to ask if they don't mention it. Hoping you don't have it though.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:24 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Kryptonic wrote:
Must have... He didn't have any issue getting it from the urgent care up by NAU in flagstaff. I didn't realize there was an eligibility thing with it. God forbid you get it again but if you do it sounds like you should be able to get it this time.
Alright! A fellow NAU grad to be!
"Be Legendary."