XMEN Days of Future Past

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
SDC

XMEN Days of Future Past

Post by SDC »

simply the best.

if you have any questions, go ahead and ask.

Wally_West

Re: XMEN Days of Future Past

Post by Wally_West »

It was fantastic. I actually think it was better than Cap 2.

carey

Post by carey »

Bold words Wally. We'll see.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SDC

Post by SDC »

Cap2 and DOFP are both great, but DOFP is bigger, grander, more ambitious. cap2 is great on a small scale. so the degree of difficulty on DOFP is higher.

TOO

Post by TOO »

SDC wrote:Cap2 and DOFP are both great, but DOFP is bigger, grander, more ambitious. cap2 is great on a small scale. so the degree of difficulty on DOFP is higher.
#Gymnastics
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

carey

Post by carey »

Hmm, haven't seen DOFP yet, but Cap2 was not small scale. It completely upended the MCU.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Saw it today, great movie.... I have to rewatch the first 2 X Men to get a complete grip on how the timeline works out, and i'm pretty sure everyone involved is acting like Wolverine: Origins never happened.... and the after credits scene was awesome Although, i'm not sure what exactly Mystique was doing at the end.

SDC

Post by SDC »

good spoiler-filled podcast of DOFP

http://traffic.libsyn.com/amcmovietalk/ ... odcast.mp3

SDC

Post by SDC »

Phoenix219 wrote:Saw it today, great movie.... I have to rewatch the first 2 X Men to get a complete grip on how the timeline works out, and i'm pretty sure everyone involved is acting like Wolverine: Origins never happened.... and the after credits scene was awesome Although, i'm not sure what exactly Mystique was doing at the end.
especially when the camera pans to reveal four horsemen:)

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I wonder if in this new timeline, did Mystique save Logan from ever going through the Weapon X program? And if so, does that mean he may get his metal from Apocolypse, and spend a movie as the bad guy, as a horseman? Rumor has it that the next movie will be set in the 80s.... In the comics, temporal changes caused by Cable have awakened Apocolypse early. It may be the same reason that attracts him now to Logan, who will have no idea whats going on, and set the movie a few years after the past scenes of DOFP.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Phoenix219 wrote:I wonder if in this new timeline, did Mystique save Logan from ever going through the Weapon X program?
that's very possible. and apocalypse could pick his horsemen from the remaining dead First Class mutants (angel, banshee, emma frost, azazel).

singer promised "mass destruction" in 2016. cant wait.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Great film. Definitely upping their game just like Cap2.
It did make me smile in the cinema when no one seemed to have a clue at the end scene except for me:-)
I was literally crying with laughter at the one particular slow scene, I won't give any spoilers, but loved it!!
I liked the balance between future and past and the resetting of timelines, looking forward to Apocalypse in 2016 but Guardians of the Galaxy is going to be fun to watch first.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

i just wish for 3 lines of dialouge. 1 concerning kitty phasing "4 dimensionally" to explain the time travel; one line from erik about restoring logan's metal; and one line (besides the end credits of the wolverine) concerning the professors rebirth. Nothing to dwell on; just simple lines of dialouge so the entire internet could have SHUT UP :D

SDC

Post by SDC »

could have been better if anna paquin's scenes survived the final cut.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I am not that familiar with Quicksilver in the comics but one criticism I have heard is that they basically made him Wally West with silver hair. I am not sure how much I agree with that but I can certainly see what they are coming from. The biggest tragedy is that quicksilver is getting movie treatment not once but fucking twice, possibly even more while Flash is just barely even getting a TV show....Fuck! DC you be dropping the BALL YO!

carey

Post by carey »

Barely even getting a Tv show? It's got a full season order.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Wally_West wrote:I am not that familiar with Quicksilver in the comics but one criticism I have heard is that they basically made him Wally West with silver hair. I am not sure how much I agree with that but I can certainly see what they are coming from. The biggest tragedy is that quicksilver is getting movie treatment not once but fucking twice, possibly even more while Flash is just barely even getting a TV show....Fuck! DC you be dropping the BALL YO!
Thats really not a bad take on it... I think I leaned over to my friend and whispered the same thing. And yes, Marvel is trying to beat DC to the punch on just about everything; I'm surprised they aren't trying to rush out a Ms. Marvel or Namor movie, just to one up DC, as well; Imagine how bad it will be if Marvel makes an underwater guy bad ass before DC gets to fix Aquaman.

carey

Post by carey »

Odds are pretty good there's a Namor movie coming soon. Universal has one lone Marvel property, Namor, and they announced a "Untitled 2016 Event Project" that most feel will be a Namor film.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

carey wrote:Barely even getting a Tv show? It's got a full season order.
I know but what I meant was that he deserves his movie and especially over quicksilver...but I might be biased on that :D I am really looking forward to it though, all the reactions from the pilot I read say it is really fantastic.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

carey wrote:Odds are pretty good there's a Namor movie coming soon. Universal has one lone Marvel property, Namor, and they announced a "Untitled 2016 Event Project" that most feel will be a Namor film.
I read that too but according to the Hollywood reporter, they say Namor film rights actually are with Marvel after all. It is possible that Universal just has the distribution rights similar one of the hulk movies.
Here's a link
http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2014 ... arvel.html