Movies / TV Shows

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Superbone »

OK, since two of you mentioned Shogun, I’ll be checking it out. Just grabbed the first two on demand.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Kryptonic wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:52 am
Shogun is pretty great….

Anyone ever watch Black Sails? Think it was one of the most underrated shows because it came out during game of thrones and feel like that stole some of its thunder.
I'll check it out! Shogun only has 2 episodes.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Dune part 2 was very good. I really enjoyed it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Want to see Dune 2! Looks awesome…. Loved the original, liked the remake and hear nothing but outstanding stuff on Dune 2.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Just me or does the pirate/john on Shogun remind you of Tom Hardy?

Speaking of Tom Hardy…. Another amazing show is Peaky Binders.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:33 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:52 am
Shogun is pretty great….

Anyone ever watch Black Sails? Think it was one of the most underrated shows because it came out during game of thrones and feel like that stole some of its thunder.
I'll check it out! Shogun only has 2 episodes.
So far.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:05 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:40 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:04 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:57 pm
Almost finished with For All Mankind. On the last episode. Been quite enjoyable
Just sitting down to watch the final episode.
Season 4 was a bit disappointing.
Definitely the weakest of the series. The finale was pretty good though.
My wife and I are watching For All Mankind now. Just finished Season 1; enjoyed it a lot. Starting Season 2 tonight!

Split T

Post by Split T »

I started For All Mankind…I’m about 6 episodes in. Also watching Shogun and the live action Avatar series

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

My boys hated the Avatar series for a bunch of reasons, like they changed the story, had to take things out and the casting wasn't great, in their opinion. They were big fans of the original series though.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Interesting…I’ve enjoyed it so far…the story hasn’t been exactly chronological but it doesn’t seem like it’s been too far off the animated series. But I also don’t mind when reboots take a different slant. I don’t want to watch a shot for shot remake. I think the casting has been pretty good.

Maybe the changes they made haven’t happened for me yet. Did they say who’s casting they didn’t like?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:21 pm
Interesting…I’ve enjoyed it so far…the story hasn’t been exactly chronological but it doesn’t seem like it’s been too far off the animated series. But I also don’t mind when reboots take a different slant. I don’t want to watch a shot for shot remake. I think the casting has been pretty good.

Maybe the changes they made haven’t happened for me yet. Did they say who’s casting they didn’t like?
I agree, and can suspend whatever feelings and beliefs in the past animated version to just enjoy the live action version. I enjoyed it overall.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:17 pm
Split T wrote:

I agree, and can suspend whatever feelings and beliefs in the past animated version to just enjoy the live action version. I enjoyed it overall.
I've been meaning to talk about suspension of disbelief. Carey's post about True Detective: Night Country and the link he provided where they nit picked it to death spurred this thought on. I mean it was incredible nit pickery like I've never seen before. Not sure how you can enjoy much of anything at that level.

I personally have a great ability to suspend disbelief and I think that helps me to enjoy a variety of fiction a lot more. I actually think it is a good skill to possess to enjoy most fiction. Otherwise, you can almost always find faults and question behaviors and actions which you don't think make logical sense or you don't think matches the character's MO. Night Country for example was purposely ambiguous about spiritual versus actual goings on and you could interpret it both ways or maybe even a little of each.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:17 pm
Split T wrote:

Ya I’ve never had a problem with stories changing…or characters being different. Not sure why. I do know a lot of people like things to be the same

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Watched the first 3 episodes of Shogun. Looking forward to episode 4. It's very well done and highly entertaining.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:04 am
Watched the first 3 episodes of Shogun. Looking forward to episode 4. It's very well done and highly entertaining.
I still haven't finished the first episode. I keep falling asleep. Not a good start for me.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:45 pm
In2ition wrote:
I still haven't finished the first episode. I keep falling asleep. Not a good start for me.
Take off the Hokas gramps.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:23 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
OK, Millenial/GenX or whatever you are. You can't hold that against me forever, Mr. Ultralight.

Point is, it's a very slow start. I sure hope it picks up steam.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:52 pm
TOO wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
OK, Millenial/GenX or whatever you are. You can't hold that against me forever, Mr. Ultralight.

😂 GenX by the skin of my teeth.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:29 pm
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I’m a Boomer but also by the skin of my teeth the other way, 2 years from start of GenX. I had to prove it to acquire my Hokas. My scale says I’m 4 years younger metabolically.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:11 pm
TOO wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:29 pm
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
Superbone wrote:

I’m a Boomer but also by the skin of my teeth the other way, 2 years from start of GenX. I had to prove it to acquire my Hokas. My scale says I’m 4 years younger metabolically.
Your scale talks to you? Fancy ass.