Movies / TV Shows

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think they've all aged fine.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

They were filming the White Men Can’t Jump remake outside my bedroom window recently. Jack Harlow is the Woody Harrelson character and they shot like 50 takes of him slamming the front door of my neighbor’s place while I was on Zoom calls. It was super annoying, but a good story as to why there was so much background noise.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:14 pm
I think "the best show" stuff was a legitimate claim at the time, but a lot of good TV has been produced since then. Like Indy said though, it still holds up.

I'm surprised no one has commented about We Own This City since it's essentially a spinoff of The Wire. I thought it was really good especially with how tightly they told the story.
It’s actually based on true events and I think is historically accurate. I like it and it was well done, but it’s not The Wire. The same theme of hopelessness with the current system definitely runs through both.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Same creators in the same city and a lot of the same actors is why it'll always be connected to The Wire. I suppose it wouldn't have been made without Freddie Gray's murder and subsequent events, but there's still a massive through line of authoritative corruption from one show to the other.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:47 pm
They were filming the White Men Can’t Jump remake outside my bedroom window recently. Jack Harlow is the Woody Harrelson character and they shot like 50 takes of him slamming the front door of my neighbor’s place while I was on Zoom calls. It was super annoying, but a good story as to why there was so much background noise.
I've seen Jack Harlow play and he's no Woody Harrelson. They might need 50 takes to get one decent looking play out of him.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:18 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:47 pm
I've seen Jack Harlow play and he's no Woody Harrelson. They might need 50 takes to get one decent looking play out of him.
I don't even know who that is.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ok Scott Foster

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:40 am
Ok Scott Foster
I have no idea of what you're referring to.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:51 am
Split T wrote:
Ok Scott Foster
Haha

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:20 am
Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:51 am
Split T wrote:
Ok Scott Foster
Haha

:lol: Oh, man. I'm now linked to Scott Foster?!

ETA: Looked up Foster's age and he was born the same year as my younger brother. I'll have to see if he's familiar with Harlow.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:16 pm
Same creators in the same city and a lot of the same actors is why it'll always be connected to The Wire. I suppose it wouldn't have been made without Freddie Gray's murder and subsequent events, but there's still a massive through line of authoritative corruption from one show to the other.
There seems to be a lot of controversy around what is depicted on-screen for a "true story" or even "based on a true story." I haven't seen it yet, or read too much about it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Season 3 of Barry ended last night. I really enjoyed this season. There is SO much packed into a 30 minute show. I don't mean just the season finale, but seemingly every episode.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:05 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:16 pm
There seems to be a lot of controversy around what is depicted on-screen for a "true story" or even "based on a true story." I haven't seen it yet, or read too much about it.
I haven't consumed any media related to the show besides a podcast interview with Jon Bernthal. From what I gather, most of it is pretty damn accurate and the reason some would push back against that is because a lot of people in positions of power were at best willfully negligent and at worst out right criminal.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Indy

Post by Indy »

I guess there is a lot of questions about taking the FBI's word as fact about what happened, especially considering all of the corruption in the BPD.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:06 pm
Season 3 of Barry ended last night. I really enjoyed this season. There is SO much packed into a 30 minute show. I don't mean just the season finale, but seemingly every episode.
Stop it! Too many shows!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:07 pm
Indy wrote:
Stop it! Too many shows!
it is very binge-able. And with only 30 minute episodes and 8 per season, you could watch all 3 seasons in half of your Saturday (12 hours).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:50 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:07 pm
Indy wrote:
Stop it! Too many shows!
it is very binge-able. And with only 30 minute episodes and 8 per season, you could watch all 3 seasons in half of your Saturday (12 hours).
You are evil!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Maybe after I finish my Star Trek binge so I can cancel Paramount+. I'm up to date on SNW. Finished Picard S2 last weekend. Have the rest of Discover S4 starting with E2. And have the last season of Lower Decks.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I haven't watched an episode of Picard S2 or Disco S4. I am half-way through the last season of Lower Decks. And I've only watched two episodes of SNW but I love it.