Movies / TV Shows

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Nodack

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Nodack »

I’ll take 120 any day over -20.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:16 pm
I’ll take 120 any day over -20.
for me it depends on how much snow (and if I have to go anywhere), but in general I agree.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Train to Busan?

Not bad for a zombie film (28 days / 28 days later the benchmark here), a couple of annoying nonsensical parts - enough to put me off tbh - but they're making a sequel so it's popular.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I live in Busan and every time I meet someone new back stateside and tell them where I live they always ask me if I've taken the train as if they're the first person to come up with that joke.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:56 pm
I live in Busan and every time I meet someone new back stateside and tell them where I live they always ask me if I've taken the train as if they're the first person to come up with that joke.
Oh nice (the city not the joke) - what's it like out there? I've never been to SK but one of my friends loves Seoul.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

3rdside wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:24 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:56 pm
Oh nice (the city not the joke) - what's it like out there? I've never been to SK but one of my friends loves Seoul.
It's my favorite city in Korea and I'm not sure I'd continue to live in this country if I had to live in another city (sans COVID).

I enjoy that it has a nice mix of nature and city life. It's coastal and mountainous, so there are numerous beaches and the scenery is nice. Those features also make for some pretty bad traffic issues and Busan is regarded as having the worst drivers in Korea.

I easily prefer it to Seoul, which is a nice city, but it's just so massive and sometimes feels like it lacks a soul. Yes, that's a pun. Korea and Korean culture are very homogeneous, so Seoul can be a comforting place to foreigners as it provides the most diversity. One of my only complaints about Busan is that it's basically the conservative heartland of the country. There are a lot of old people and there aren't many industries that provide jobs to young, educated workers. As with most of the country, a majority of the intellectual talent moves to Seoul for work. The conservative politics and culture in Busan occasionally come off as more xenophobic than normal, but that is becoming less frequent by the day.

Korea is certainly a cool country to visit if you have the chance. I'd put it next to Japan as the two places I'd recommend first in East Asia.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

For sure I'll get there at some point.. I'm moving back home to Australia next month / ditching the trash London weather so Asia is now my go to region.

Do they speak English in Seoul / Busan? That's been the biggest issue I've had here in Seville..that and the food (it's great Spanish food but sometimes you just want something easy to buy like a decent Burrito or even a naked burrito for something a bit more healthy; the easy / healthy fast food options here are practically non-existent).

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Not like I haven't learned Spanish btw, but I'm hardly fluent..and I found by sheer luck the only five guys on the outskirts of town the other day; damn I forgot how good it is, damn it is not good for me, damn I resent paying €16 (£19 in London) for a double burger meal!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

3rdside wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:03 am
Not like I haven't learned Spanish btw, but I'm hardly fluent..and I found by sheer luck the only five guys on the outskirts of town the other day; damn I forgot how good it is, damn it is not good for me, damn I resent paying €16 (£19 in London) for a double burger meal!
Ok, so it’s not just the States. Five Guys is about twice the price of other places.
"Be Legendary."

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:40 am
3rdside wrote:
Ok, so it’s not just the States. Five Guys is about twice the price of other places.
The product is just a dead set killer - the burgers are the best, they overload you with awesome fries, and I can get sugar free vanilla coke which you literally can't buy anywhere else .. Damn.

I feel a little better knowing it's the same price for you guys.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

3rdside wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:49 am
Superbone wrote:
3rdside wrote:
The product is just a dead set killer - the burgers are the best, they overload you with awesome fries, and I can get sugar free vanilla coke which you literally can't buy anywhere else .. Damn.

We get free peanuts, though. So it's worth the $50 to take my kids for a hotdog. :(
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Do they have good Seoul food there? :-)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:42 am
3rdside wrote:
Superbone wrote:
3rdside wrote:

We get free peanuts, though. So it's worth the $50 to take my kids for a hotdog. :(
LOL. I've never been as impressed by their burgers as everybody else but their fries are the best in the business.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:50 am
O_Gardino wrote:
3rdside wrote:
Superbone wrote:
3rdside wrote:

LOL. I've never been as impressed by their burgers as everybody else but their fries are the best in the business.
I think I prefer their burgers to any fast-y food burgers. I love that I can get grilled jalepenos, grilled mushrooms, and grilled onions on them, along with hot sauce. Not a lot of quick burger places will do that.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:20 am
Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
3rdside wrote:
Superbone wrote:

I think I prefer their burgers to any fast-y food burgers. I love that I can get grilled jalepenos, grilled mushrooms, and grilled onions on them, along with hot sauce. Not a lot of quick burger places will do that.
Yeah, I enjoy Five Guys probably more than almost any other burger place.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:47 am
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
3rdside wrote:

See, I'm not about the extras. I'm a purist. :D
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I love Five Guys, but after I eat there I basically have to take the rest of the day off. So filling and heavy. I could eat about a bucket of their fries.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:24 am
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

So which fast food burger is best to you?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:41 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:24 am
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:

So which fast food burger is best to you?
Does Fatburger count? Or Fuddruckers? I prefer In N Out burgers to Five Guys.

ETA: I actually like Whataburger but they don't have them in Cali.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

In N Out are OK, but they are pretty thin and greasy.

I think Fatburger and Fuddruckers (are they still around?) are sit-down restaurants, so I wouldn't count them as fast-ish.

I agree about whataburger. I think it is best of the "i need my food in under 2 minutes drive through chains"