Movies / TV Shows

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:02 am
I haven't gamed much in the past 6 months but decided to give The Last Of Us a run after watching the first two episodes.

I agree the TV show dialogue can be a bit cringe, but I think it's pretty much in line with the game. I'm enjoying both so far.
I don't finish many games but TLOU was one of them. Fantastic game. I might have to go back and give Part II another shot but it was too violent for my tastes at the time.

As far as the TV show, I didn't feel the cringe you guys did. Everything seemed to be within character I thought. Ellie is a smart ass that lost her parents at a young age.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:27 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I haven't gamed much in the past 6 months but decided to give The Last Of Us a run after watching the first two episodes.

I agree the TV show dialogue can be a bit cringe, but I think it's pretty much in line with the game. I'm enjoying both so far.
I don't finish many games but TLOU was one of them. Fantastic game. I might have to go back and give Part II another shot but it was too violent for my tastes at the time.

As far as the TV show, I didn't feel the cringe you guys did. Everything seemed to be within character I thought. Ellie is a smart ass that lost her parents at a young age.
Anna Torv just felt like an over the top macho woman.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:51 am
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Hmm. I just thought she'd been through hell for the last 20 years just like everybody else. That will toughen you up and harden the best of us. Also, I wasn't familiar with the actress. I wonder if that affected your opinion.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:16 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:51 am
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Hmm. I just thought she'd been through hell for the last 20 years just like everybody else. That will toughen you up and harden the best of us. Also, I wasn't familiar with the actress. I wonder if that affected your opinion.
I liked her in Fridge. Irregardless of the at times forced cheese dialogue, I've massively enjoyed the show. We just got a 65" LG C2 4k OLED TV after 6 years of a 1080p LCD. It's been such a dramatic jump in quality for us.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yay! A quality TV makes all the difference! I also have a top of the line LG OLED. They're wonderful!
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

The Menu on HBO was very entertaining.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:18 pm
The Menu on HBO was very entertaining.
Oh, cool. I’ve been wanting to see that. Didn’t know it was on HBO. Thanks.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Have been enjoying TLOU. I was a big GOT fan and the two main characters on TLOU were great on that as complimentary actors.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I completely forgot about Pedro Pascal on GoT. I remembered and enjoyed him from Narcos.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Without going into any details (so as not to spoil it), the most recent episode of TLoU is getting a lot of praise and accolades from fans and critics. It was very enjoyable to watch.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

TLOU looks great and glad there’s finally a decent video game adaptation… Maybe I’m weird but I’m trying to wait till theyre all out before I binge it with the wife. She’s a principal and we try to wait till her breaks to watch our shows together since it’s dang near impossible to get into anything while schools in session :D

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

TLOU. So good. I got dust in my eyes tonight.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:14 pm
TLOU. So good. I got dust in my eyes tonight.
Yes, really good episode with some good action too.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It ends how it ends.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Has anyone seen RRR? Highly entertaining.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:32 pm
What does RRR stand for?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:52 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:32 pm
What does RRR stand for?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Had never heard of it.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

My good friend from India said RRR is awesome! I'll have to watch it with my wife. He said the Netflix version is dubbed in Hindi. I love the original language of films + subtitles normally. You hear the actual actors tone and emotion.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:30 am
My good friend from India said RRR is awesome! I'll have to watch it with my wife. He said the Netflix version is dubbed in Hindi. I love the original language of films + subtitles normally. You hear the actual actors tone and emotion.
Totally agree about watching with subtitles versus English dubbed. Learned that the hard way while I was watching a Russian show. Switched and it was SO much better. Always watch with subtitles now. I've watched more Korean shows in the last couple years than... I don't think I had watched any before.
"Be Legendary."