Movies / TV Shows

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Shabazz

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Shabazz »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:30 am
My good friend from India said RRR is awesome! I'll have to watch it with my wife. He said the Netflix version is dubbed in Hindi. I love the original language of films + subtitles normally. You hear the actual actors tone and emotion.
I watched it on Netflix in Hindi with English subtitles. Default may be dubbed, but you can toggle it pretty easily.

It's just a really good time. Super long (3+ hours), but some really good action and unapologetically corny and over-the-top, which I kind of appreciated.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow. E6 of TLOU was another powerful episode. There sure is a lot of emotion for a zombie show. Oh, yeah, and beautiful scenery too.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:19 am
Wow. E6 of TLOU was another powerful episode. There sure is a lot of emotion for a zombie show. Oh, yeah, and beautiful scenery too.
So glad we got a new TV when we did. We've really enjoyed the series and there were some draw dropping views last night. Lots of emotion too. Such a phenomenal show.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Another great episode.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:34 am
Another great episode.
Only one episode remaining!
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The episode this week was the one I was anticipating the most after playing through the game. They knocked it out of the park.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I heard that the guy who voices Joel in the video game had a cameo in this episode.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:30 am
I heard that the guy who voices Joel in the video game had a cameo in this episode.
Yeah, he played the baddie's right hand man. I like how they bring in some of the original actors into the TV show. Nice gesture. They did more than voice them. They acted it out in green screen for the 3D animation.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That’s awesome! The show has been great. I didn’t play the video game. They can’t end the show in one more episode can they? There has to be a season two. Would that mean leaving the video game script and making up more like GOT did or is a season two already in the works from the story line of the video game and this is just the end of season one?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:13 am
That’s awesome! The show has been great. I didn’t play the video game. They can’t end the show in one more episode can they? There has to be a season two. Would that mean leaving the video game script and making up more like GOT did or is a season two already in the works from the story line of the video game and this is just the end of season one?
Season one follows The Last of Us Part I which was the original game. There is a sequel, The Last of Us Part II which I have but didn’t get too far into. Season two of the TV show will be based on that.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Just finished watching it last night. It was a good episode.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

So they'll have run out of video game plot already at the end of Season 2? Season 1 is the entire first video game? Hmm. Isn't that a recipe for a really short run of the show? Or are they just going to make up new material for Seasons 3+?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

And then like GOT half the people will hate what they write.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:10 am
So they'll have run out of video game plot already at the end of Season 2? Season 1 is the entire first video game? Hmm. Isn't that a recipe for a really short run of the show? Or are they just going to make up new material for Seasons 3+?
I'm not sure the plans but it might just be a two season arc. I don't know.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I read that the 2nd game will comprise 2 seasons. I love that. The show has been amazing but you can tell they had to limit so much with it being 9 episodes.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Finale. So good. I can't believe I have to wait for the next season. I love this show.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I got to binge watch 7 seasons of GOT before having to wait for the last season to come out. The wait is so long that you have to watch the final few episodes before the first episode of season 2 just to catch up.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:47 pm
Finale. So good. I can't believe I have to wait for the next season. I love this show.
Yes, very good. Have they even started filming? Looking forward to it as I don't know the plot from here.
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Probably gonna binge the last 4 episodes of TLOU next week....

I did binge another show that I found surprisingly good.... "That Dirty Black Bag".

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

My wife and I just finished watching the season of The Night Agent on Netflix. Really enjoyed it. Pretty entertaining.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass