TV Shows / Movies

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
In2ition

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by In2ition »

Damn, I was looking forward to seeing it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It's been nearly 20 years since The Matrix 3. I understand nostalgia, but you have believe this latest film would be mediocre at best simply based on Hollywood's track record with this stuff.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The first part of the movie goes meta and kind of makes fun of itself by satirizing the reboot/sequel cash grab of Hollywood. I think a few other reboots and sequels have done that already tho so that idea wasn't even that original or creative, but they had some fun with it.

Then the story becomes a bit of a rehash of the first movie. The special effects weren't as good as the originals and neither were the action scenes, which felt edited and cut a certain way to look like the actors were moving/fighting faster than they really were. In the trilogy, you saw how much the actors trained and choreographed their fight scenes; in this one, you got the feeling they trained a little and threw the scenes together quickly to look like the originals. The originals set the standard for effects and fight scenes tho, so it would've been hard to top anyway but this movie didn't even come close. Some good performances from Reeves' boss and Neil Patrick Harris. But they mostly relied on the nostalgia from the first 3. TBH, the trailer was better than the movie itself.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:02 pm
So the new Matrix kinda sucked....
Ooh. Didn't want to hear that. Can't watch until I get back home next week.
"It should burn. It'll probably burn forever. But last season is done." - James Jones

"I want to be who I think I am." - Frank Kaminsky

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So, I just finished watching the new Matrix in a two day marathon. It’s ridiculously long and all over the place. I agree, it had a few moments but it didn’t do a lot for me.
"It should burn. It'll probably burn forever. But last season is done." - James Jones

"I want to be who I think I am." - Frank Kaminsky

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Agreed.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう