Movies / TV Shows

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:13 pm
Nodack wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:33 pm
For Indy

It's official: Harrison Ford will return in a fifth 'Indiana Jones' movie
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/11/entertai ... index.html
Harrison Ford will be grabbing his whip and ramming on his hat for a fifth "Indiana Jones" movie, Disney has confirmed -- a mere 41 years after the first installment, "Raiders of the Lost Ark," was released.
I still haven't seen Indy IV. I might see this, but who knows. Disney has been hit or miss, based primarily on who is leading the project. I haven't seen any details yet on who is running it all.
Dude... You can't BE Indy and not have seen Indy IV. You need to take care of that, and soon. Not that it's a great movie. For me, in the series, it is ranked, let's see... 4 out of 4.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy 5 is being directed by James Mangold. Known for Logan and Ford vs Ferrari

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I would like a more serious Indiana Jones and shy away from the kiddie content a little more. Being a Disney film pretty much means it’s going to be aimed at the kids. Then again to kids he will just be some old guy they don’t really know or like so, why not aim it at the adults that do know who he is and aren’t children anymore? It would need to be Touchstone pictures, which was Disney’s adult content movies before they were shut down.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Indy 4 was run of the mill Hollywood stuff. None of the same feeling as the first 3. I'm sure I'll check out 5 and Mangold has done some good stuff. Just hope the story is good and fits relatively well with his age. I'd rather see a well done realistic sendoff than a CGI/Stuntman Indy swinging from his whip.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He’s 78.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:41 pm
Indy wrote:
Nodack wrote:
For Indy

Harrison Ford will be grabbing his whip and ramming on his hat for a fifth "Indiana Jones" movie, Disney has confirmed -- a mere 41 years after the first installment, "Raiders of the Lost Ark," was released.
I still haven't seen Indy IV. I might see this, but who knows. Disney has been hit or miss, based primarily on who is leading the project. I haven't seen any details yet on who is running it all.
Dude... You can't BE Indy and not have seen Indy IV. You need to take care of that, and soon. Not that it's a great movie. For me, in the series, it is ranked, let's see... 4 out of 4.
I am only called Indy here because it was a well-known character I could throw a Suns hat on. And as much as I loved Raiders (I saw it on an HBO free weekend when I was 8--how do you not LOVE that movie at that age?), there are certainly movies I watched more as a kid.

So I am Indy here, but nobody outside of this site would know me that way, and I don't have a set movie that I would say is my favorite. Raiders is probably my favorite action/adventure, though. Second might be Back to the Future, but that is a little more comedy adventure. And Die Hard is probably my favorite straight action movie.

But the best movie I have ever seen is Godfather II. So maybe I should have gone with a picture of Al Pacino in a Suns hat. ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:03 pm
Who is writing it?

And I didn't see either of those. I heard Logan was decent. FvF was supposedly a pretty good 'dad' movie, but not something I would bother to see.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:42 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:03 pm
Who is writing it?

And I didn't see either of those. I heard Logan was decent. FvF was supposedly a pretty good 'dad' movie, but not something I would bother to see.
Not sure who’s writing it. Logan was decent. I never saw FvF

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Ford vs. Ferrari was surprisingly good, IMO. I went into it expecting nothing and came away satisfied even with it's long run time. The "historical" drama genre is right in my wheel house though.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:53 pm
Ford vs. Ferrari was surprisingly good, IMO. I went into it expecting nothing and came away satisfied even with it's long run time. The "historical" drama genre is right in my wheel house though.
I usually can't get past the ahistoricalness of historical dramas. And I usually don't get into a movie unless I am seeing it in a theatre. Man I can't wait until this country gets its head out of its ass.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:06 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I usually can't get past the ahistoricalness of historical dramas. And I usually don't get into a movie unless I am seeing it in a theatre. Man I can't wait until this country gets its head out of its ass.
What do you mean, Indy?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:41 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:41 pm
Indy wrote:
Nodack wrote:
For Indy

I am only called Indy here because it was a well-known character I could throw a Suns hat on. And as much as I loved Raiders (I saw it on an HBO free weekend when I was 8--how do you not LOVE that movie at that age?), there are certainly movies I watched more as a kid.

So I am Indy here, but nobody outside of this site would know me that way, and I don't have a set movie that I would say is my favorite. Raiders is probably my favorite action/adventure, though. Second might be Back to the Future, but that is a little more comedy adventure. And Die Hard is probably my favorite straight action movie.

But the best movie I have ever seen is Godfather II. So maybe I should have gone with a picture of Al Pacino in a Suns hat. ;)
Dude, if you’re not feeling it, make the change. Put a Suns hat on Pachino and we’ll start calling you Ally.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:14 pm
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
What do you mean, Indy?
You know what he means. As Swingy used to say, “Don’t be obtuse.”
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:26 pm
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
What do you mean, Indy?
How about don't be a dick, Super? I asked because I didn't know. I saw it in the theater.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:02 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:26 pm
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
What do you mean, Indy?
How about don't be a dick, Super? I asked because I didn't know. I saw it in the theater.
I thought you were referring to the last sentence. My bad.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
What do you mean, Indy?
He likely means that the large number of Americans that aren't taking social distancing or mask wearing seriously wise up. Also, the widespread distribution of the Covid-19 vaccine being available so those of us that take the situation seriously can go in public and feel safe, once vaccinated, around the other group of Americans that don't take it seriously as well as those that won't get vaccinated.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:31 pm
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
What do you mean, Indy?
He likely means that the large number of Americans that aren't taking social distancing or mask wearing seriously wise up. Also, the widespread distribution of the Covid-19 vaccine being available so those of us that take the situation seriously can go in public and feel safe, once vaccinated, around the other group of Americans that don't take it seriously as well as those that won't get vaccinated.
Apparently, he was asking Ally about the first two sentences. Not the last one.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Avoid Wonder Woman 1984. Utter garbage. Wig as a bad guy is laughable. The CGI is terrible. The action is limited. The writing is very bad. My wife and I both asked what the hell we were watching after an hour and turned it off. So disappointing considering we really enjoyed the first film.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:04 pm
Avoid Wonder Woman 1984. Utter garbage. Wig as a bad guy is laughable. The CGI is terrible. The action is limited. The writing is very bad. My wife and I both asked what the hell we were watching after an hour and turned it off. So disappointing considering we really enjoyed the first film.
Wow, I’m surprised. Was it a different director? Looking forward to watching Soul tonight but was planning on WW84 tomorrow.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:17 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:04 pm
Wow, I’m surprised. Was it a different director? Looking forward to watching Soul tonight but was planning on WW84 tomorrow.
Utter let down. I watched the first one a week ago with no expectations and loved it. I was so hyped to see this. Completely different vibe, bad CGI, poor logic, bad script and just boring. The heist in the mall early on will clue you right in on what to expect the rest of the way.