TV Shows / Movies

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
AmareIsGod

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by AmareIsGod »

Really enjoyed the most recent episode of Handmaid's Tale. They spent less time with dramatic close ups of Elisabeth Moss and plenty of sweaty close ups of Yvonne Strahovski moaning. Hubba hubba.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Andor is so freaking good.
Crowder Trade Targets: Kuzma or Avdija, J. Isaac, J. Holiday + Jalen Johnson, Quickley + Reddish, Clarkson and/or Vanderbilt, Barnes + Lyles or Metu or T. Davis, E. Gordon + KJ Martin, Patrick Williams, Oubre, McConnell + Brissett

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:09 pm
If I don't care for Star Wars, is it still amazing? For the record, I thought the Mandalorian was predictable and boring. Didn't watch past the first season.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:44 pm
Shabazz wrote:
If I don't care for Star Wars, is it still amazing? For the record, I thought the Mandalorian was predictable and boring. Didn't watch past the first season.
I think it’s the most likely Star Wars show for you to enjoy. It’s not as episodic as The Mandalorian, but I’d say that’s the closest comparison. So hard to say, but if you watch the first 3-4 episodes and aren’t feeling it, I think you’d be safe to stop. Those should give you a pretty good idea.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Has anybody watched The Watcher? Any good?
"It should burn. It'll probably burn forever. But last season is done." - James Jones

"I don't think I've ever been that angry shooting a basketball." - Cam Johnson

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:44 pm
Shabazz wrote:
I think it's a good show on it's own, not just as measured against Star Wars shows. The writing is great. The world-building and level of detail is just so cool and not something you typically see in SW canon. It also barely has any non-human characters. It's very adult.

Basically, Tony Girloy (who also did Rogue One) wanted to create a non-Star Wars-y show in the Star Wars universe. So if you're going to like anything Star Wars, this would be it.

Don't fully agree with Split. It is a little slower paced, but I would say that if you can make it to Episode 4 and are bought in enough, stick around until Episode 6, when it really picks up.
Crowder Trade Targets: Kuzma or Avdija, J. Isaac, J. Holiday + Jalen Johnson, Quickley + Reddish, Clarkson and/or Vanderbilt, Barnes + Lyles or Metu or T. Davis, E. Gordon + KJ Martin, Patrick Williams, Oubre, McConnell + Brissett

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:01 pm
I heard not great things and don't really care for Ryan Murphy's stuff, so I stayed away.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
I watched it…I enjoyed it while watching, it’s creepy, but after finishing it, I was a bit disappointed

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Thanks gang. May have to check out Andor then. I always felt like Mandalorian was predictable with no real world building and scattershot all over the map episode to episode.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:26 pm
Superbone wrote:
I watched it…I enjoyed it while watching, it’s creepy, but after finishing it, I was a bit disappointed
So, you're saying that you're The Watcher! :P I ended up watching it over the weekend. It pulled me in. The fact that it's based on a true story, actually two true stories combined into one, makes it all the creepier. Just did a little research on it.
"It should burn. It'll probably burn forever. But last season is done." - James Jones

"I don't think I've ever been that angry shooting a basketball." - Cam Johnson