Movies / TV Shows

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Superbone »

Was just doing a little more research and now I’m not so sure there is a fourth season in the works. Only one website seems to say that. I read that even the producers planned it to be a three season arc.

Also, I was surprised to see, based on the reviews here, that the second and third seasons were critically highly rated after all.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:54 am
Was just doing a little more research and now I’m not so sure there is a fourth season in the works. Only one website seems to say that. I read that even the producers planned it to be a three season arc.

Also, I was surprised to see, based on the reviews here, that the second and third seasons were critically highly rated after all.
Yeah, that is why I watched it. (Kind of the same problem I ran into with The Leftovers.)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

No opinion on my wrap up, AIG? Repeating it here in case you missed it:
► Show Spoiler
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:22 pm
► Show Spoiler
With the wife and little one at the park. I'll dive in with some commentary a little later! Promise.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Anyone taking me up on my Severance recommendation? First season had a phenomenal finale.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:31 pm
Anyone taking me up on my Severance recommendation? First season had a phenomenal finale.
I watched the whole thing from the beginning. Agree on the finale. It was the shortest in running time but felt like the longest due to its intensity.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
We are one episode in. Hope to get back to it and finish up in the next couple weeks.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:46 am
Shabazz wrote:
I watched the whole thing from the beginning. Agree on the finale. It was the shortest in running time but felt like the longest due to its intensity.
Agreed. What did you think of the season as a whole?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:38 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:46 am
Shabazz wrote:
Agreed. What did you think of the season as a whole?
I loved it from the beginning. It's my kind of show. Kept me interested all the way. As soon as each show was available, I had watched it within 24 hours.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Has anyone watched Vikings?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:22 pm
► Show Spoiler
I never thought about it that way but it definitely ends like a 1980s comedy. "But it was all a dream...". I didn't hate season 2. I actually enjoyed it. Season 3 just seemed to be directed by somebody else entirely. The way it would jump timelines was completely different and jarring without providing a date on the screen (which they thankfully brought back for the last 2 episodes of season 3). There were far too many unnecessary twists and turns without weight and constant intentional gaps simply to give you something to push you through until the season finale. Characters that never fully fleshed out further (Noah) and characters that had no real purpose in the show other than to try and create more confusion and things to track. It just felt very convoluted for the sake of filling out an entire season that only needed 3 or 4 episodes instead of the 8 we were given.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:49 pm
My parents really enjoyed it. I've tried to get my wife to watch it with me. She's yet to give it a chance. Someday.

On a side note, the main character that plays Ragnar, Tavis Fimmel, is also the antagonist in Raised by Wolves.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

In2ition wrote:
I’ve heard good things. I watched The Last Kingdom, which is similar and great (at least until the last season).

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:28 pm
In2ition wrote:
My parents really enjoyed it. I've tried to get my wife to watch it with me. She's yet to give it a chance. Someday.

On a side note, the main character that plays Ragnar, Tavis Fimmel, is also the antagonist in Raised by Wolves.
Good to know. Thank you.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I know lots of you watched Winning Time.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/338 ... rs-winning
After being asked last week for a retraction and an apology by former Los Angeles Lakers executive Jerry West for "a baseless and malicious assault" on his character, HBO on Tuesday instead issued a statement defending its series "Winning Time," saying its "dramatization" is "based on extensive factual research and reliable sourcing."

West's lawyers last week alleged that "Winning Time falsely and cruelly portrays Mr. West as an out-of-control, intoxicated rage-aholic," saying that "bears no resemblance to the real man." In the letter sent April 19 to HBO and series producer Adam McKay, obtained by ESPN, West's lawyers asked for a retraction no later than two weeks from the receipt of the letter.

HBO issued its response Tuesday in a statement initially given to The Hollywood Reporter and later obtained by ESPN.

"HBO has a long history of producing compelling content drawn from actual facts and events that are fictionalized in part for dramatic purposes," the network said in its statement. "'Winning Time' is not a documentary and has not been presented as such. However, the series and its depictions are based on extensive factual research and reliable sourcing, and HBO stands resolutely behind our talented creators and cast who have brought a dramatization of this epic chapter in basketball history to the screen."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ooh. I like how HBO doubled down on it.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

West whenever you see him in interviews seems so subdued, but then there have been all kinds of stories on how he couldn't watch the games for whatever reason. If they made him a bit more neurotic, I think it might have been better for the show, imo.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I’ve watched every episode. It’s kept me entertained.

Indy

Post by Indy »

OK, finally got to catch up on Severance with no Suns basketball, and we watched the last 5 episodes last night and tonight. I am really enjoying it and looking forward to season 2. I have no idea how they will keep up the pace of the last episode, though.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Watching The Marvelous Mrs Maisel on Amazon. Very funny show. Great set pieces and era. Stand up comedy in the 60s with a secondary character, Lenny Bruce, the comedian that overdosed in the latter 1960s. Great actors and characters. 4 seasons. Of course, the entire show isn't standup. Think more Louis starring a female lead that takes place in the 60s. It actually has Good Fellas vibes sprinkled in (likely just cinematography and era) this first season. My wife had watched all 4 seasons and wanted me to watch it with her so she gladly started over.