Movies / TV Shows

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
specialsauce

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:47 pm
Finale. So good. I can't believe I have to wait for the next season. I love this show.
So good. By the time season two rolls I will have as usual forgotten everything and lost all emotional attachment

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I can't believe they are reminding HBO Max to just "Max." So dumb. HBO is a really strong brand!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Anyone else enjoy Air?

Sonny Vaccaro's significance in the greater 90's basketball culture was hard to understand when I was a kid. I came to learn how legendary of a figure he is in the game over time and it's kind of crazy to see him being portrayed by Matt Damon.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Succession has just been delightful this season. Won't discuss any details of the plot (no spoilers!) but I'm having so much fun watching it every week. Sad that this may be the last season.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm binging Succession, think I'm about halfway thru season 3 now. Love me some Roman.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Great show…. Waiting to binge the current season with the wife.

Season 1 of 100 foot wave wave was really good too…. Season 2 is coming out now I believe.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:33 am

Season 1 of 100 foot wave wave was really good too…. Season 2 is coming out now I believe.
How long does a 100 foot wave last? How can you make a season out of it, let alone 2? ;)
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cool. Sounds like I've got a great show to binge in retirement. :D I'm off this week and then one final week of work! I can't even stay up with my current shows. Watched the first two new Barry episodes on Sunday but still way behind on Shrinking. Did finish Hello Tomorrow and enjoyed it though. At the same time my DVR is filling up and constantly warning me about less than 10% left so I'm fighting to stay ahead on that too. Then, I hear the new season of Picard is wonderful so got to turn Paramount back on at some point. May wait for the new SNW first though.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:47 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:33 am

How long does a 100 foot wave last? How can you make a season out of it, let alone 2? ;)
It's a documentary series that's about the people trying to accomplish this and the work they put into it. I think a lot of season 2 is going to deal with other people trying to do what was done in season 1.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:20 am
Cool. Sounds like I've got a great show to binge in retirement. :D I'm off this week and then one final week of work! I can't even stay up with my current shows. Watched the first two new Barry episodes on Sunday but still way behind on Shrinking. Did finish Hello Tomorrow and enjoyed it though. At the same time my DVR is filling up and constantly warning me about less than 10% left so I'm fighting to stay ahead on that too. Then, I hear the new season of Picard is wonderful so got to turn Paramount back on at some point. May wait for the new SNW first though.

Glad to hear you liked Hello Tomorrow... It's on my list of things to watch. Barry was great the first 2-3 seasons... Season 3 was more of a downer than the other 2. NoHo Hank kills me.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:34 am
Superbone wrote:

Glad to hear you liked Hello Tomorrow... It's on my list of things to watch. Barry was great the first 2-3 seasons... Season 3 was more of a downer than the other 2. NoHo Hank kills me.
Nothing better than an optimistic gang leader.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Yo, you’re retiring?!? Congrats! Sorry I glossed past that lol

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:53 am
Succession has just been delightful this season. Won't discuss any details of the plot (no spoilers!) but I'm having so much fun watching it every week. Sad that this may be the last season.
Will be, not may be, unfortunately. Best show on TV.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:25 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
That's a strong statement.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I like that it's coming to an end after four seasons. It's still great, but I'm not enjoying it as much as when it was kinda just a more vulgar and smarter Entourage.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:31 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Better than The Handmaid's Tale? I think not! The constant close ups of this beauty in the latter seasons make for can't miss TV!

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:10 pm
Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Better than The Handmaid's Tale? I think not! The constant close ups of this beauty in the latter seasons make for can't miss TV!

I can’t wait for next season to see the faces she might make.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:37 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:10 pm
Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

I can’t wait for next season to see the faces she might make.
I think you're being facetious.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Still waiting to hear from WW about the new Evil Dead movie...

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:37 pm
Still waiting to hear from WW about the new Evil Dead movie...
It’s great! I don’t really want to spoil anything but it has every thing you would want in an evil dead movie. You don’t need to see any of the previous movies to enjoy this one but if you love the originals, go see Rise.

I saw a headline saying it’s best evil dead movie yet, it’s not lol

Id still rank the original trilogy above this one but Rise is still a fun time.