Video Games

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
AmareIsGod

Re: Video Games

Post by AmareIsGod »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:35 pm
Been playing Helldivers II some. Fortnight has too many cheaters. Getting much better at Rocket League. Still not that good.
Enjoying Helldivers II? Been meaning to try this on PC eventually. Have so many games on my plate.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Horizon Forbidden West is amazing on PC. I've got about 25 hours' worth of time put into it. Fantastic game.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:19 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:57 am
Been having a great time with this game…. AIG, you’ll love it for sure if you’re not already playing it.

I've only put in about 30 hours on PC. Another 25 hours on Switch. Hopefully it doesn't come out for Android soon.
I about spit my coffee out on that... attaboy!

Yea, I've got 39.2 hours on DRG:Survivors... New Biome came out and just dig that game.

Here's another one that was on my radar for a while and snagged this last weekend. It's pretty fun, but think it could use a balance patch or something.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

My best friend from high school raves about Balatro. What kind of game is it? Should I take a look or will I end up hopelessly addicted?

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:02 pm
My best friend from high school raves about Balatro. What kind of game is it? Should I take a look or will I end up hopelessly addicted?
Its poker but with wildcards with perks and bonuses that you utilize in order to try to beat each levels score/boss which get progressively harder as you go along. Also. bosses get negative perks that can make scoring even more a challenge. For $15 it’s worth every penny and you can save anytime which is great for your situation 😉

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:20 am
Nodack wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:35 pm
Been playing Helldivers II some. Fortnight has too many cheaters. Getting much better at Rocket League. Still not that good.
Enjoying Helldivers II? Been meaning to try this on PC eventually. Have so many games on my plate.
It’s basically the Starship Troopers plot. Same looking bugs too. You only play against bots and your squad is humans. Friendly fire is definitely a thing though. It’s done in a humorous super patriotic way sort of in the Team America vibe. I enjoy all the special things you get. You get to call down air strikes and many other things.

People playing

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Helldivers 2... It's a good time for sure. Just watch out for my Mortar Turrets :P

I've been have a great time with the newest Destiny 2 update. Just love that game.

The next expansion just looks insane...

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'm way too lazy to do what needs to be done to get the black shader.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Tyler Kolek.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

TOO wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:47 pm
I'm way too lazy to do what needs to be done to get the black shader.
LOL... Yea, the last half of the questline to get the other key sucks because it has PVP attached to it on some of the guns (breach loaded grenade launchers I'm looking at you!). Other than that I've been having a ball with the game and playing with a bunch of various builds. Both my sons, and a few of my friends have even recently got back into it so I pre-ordered "Final Shape" Deluxe edition for $80 on cdkeys.... even though I leave for vacation June 3rd :(

TOO

Post by TOO »

I have no idea what steps are but it sounds like you should just throw on the fighting lion and go nuts

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

You guys sound like you're whacko.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:56 pm
Easy now Mr Nintendo.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:24 pm
Superbone wrote:
Easy now Mr Nintendo.
Dude, I worked for PlayStation for 23 years.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:24 pm
TOO wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:24 pm
Superbone wrote:
Easy now Mr Nintendo.
Dude, I worked for PlayStation for 23 years.
Potato tomato

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Hater…. One of the best, original IPs to come out the last 10 years. Not to mention the engineering that had to be done to make this cross platform and as deep as it is. You should try it…. Bet you’d like it ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:39 am
Superbone wrote:
Hater…. One of the best, original IPs to come out the last 10 years. Not to mention the engineering that had to be done to make this cross platform and as deep as it is. You should try it…. Bet you’d like it ;)
Not a hater. You guys are just using words and phrases that are foreign if one has never played this game. It’s some kind of squad shooter or what? I guess I should watch some gameplay. Not really my game type.
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:11 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Not a hater. You guys are just using words and phrases that are foreign if one has never played this game. It’s some kind of squad shooter or what? I guess I should watch some gameplay. Not really my game type.
It's a mix of several genres of games but usually gets lumped into the looter shooter category. It's not just a shooter, there's a plethora of mechanics that require teamwork along with puzzle solving.

The only problem for anyone getting into it now is that you'd be jumping on at year 10 of a 10 year story and honestly, I love the story and think you'd be missing out on one of the best parts of the game.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:55 am
Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:11 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Superbone wrote:
It's a mix of several genres of games but usually gets lumped into the looter shooter category. It's not just a shooter, there's a plethora of mechanics that require teamwork along with puzzle solving.

The only problem for anyone getting into it now is that you'd be jumping on at year 10 of a 10 year story and honestly, I love the story and think you'd be missing out on one of the best parts of the game.
I'll wait for the movie or TV series. ;)
"Be Legendary."