Video Games

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
BigLewy

Re: Video Games

Post by BigLewy »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:44 am
My 15 year old wants a switch and been saving his money for one…. Might need to “help” him out so I can get him (or me) the Zelda games. I always loved them from NES-N64…. Ocarina of time was amazing.
Ocarina of Time is one of my all-time favorites. You will not be disappointed in BOTW or TOTK. Both are extremely addicting.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have been playing Fortnite a lot. I kind of suck at aiming with a PS5 controller and get killed a lot. Some of these people are really good and never seem to miss from any range. There are cheats that make that happen too. It’s just so frustrating. I play Call Of Duty sometimes and it’s even worse. I tried adjusting the aiming and slowed it down some and that helped. I over-aim like oversteering on a car. I play with a few guys online that are really good. I guess don’t quit my day job.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:44 am
My 15 year old wants a switch and been saving his money for one…. Might need to “help” him out so I can get him (or me) the Zelda games. I always loved them from NES-N64…. Ocarina of time was amazing.
Yep, Ocarina is one of my all-time favorites.

ETA: Heh. Posted this before seeing BigLewy’s post.
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Nodack wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:31 am
I have been playing Fortnite a lot. I kind of suck at aiming with a PS5 controller and get killed a lot. Some of these people are really good and never seem to miss from any range. There are cheats that make that happen too. It’s just so frustrating. I play Call Of Duty sometimes and it’s even worse. I tried adjusting the aiming and slowed it down some and that helped. I over-aim like oversteering on a car. I play with a few guys online that are really good. I guess don’t quit my day job.
I just never liked the battle royal stuff…. Now the CoD war zone mode DMZ… that’s a lot of fun. It’s more pve with the occasional pvp skirmish mixed in but it’s up to you if you want to engage or run away.

I’ve been enjoying destiny 2: lightfall and all of its subsequent seasons it’s released. Lot of fun.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I love pvp and get a little bored with pve. I was WarCraft everything from the day WarCraft I came out. Computer generated opponents are predictable and boring for me. People do unpredictable things and when it’s another real person trying to kill you, it makes the adrenaline flow that much faster. I like the intensity of it. Of course getting killed over and over by ten year olds can be frustrating.

I might have to check out destiny 2. I have to delete something to add anything.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I can't believe you torture yourself with that nonsense Nodack. I can't stand the toxic gamer population in those Fortnite etc., games. These are kids or grown-ups that live with their parents and spend 6 to 8 hours a day playing these games. They love to dominate casual people like us with a life, families and day jobs that pop in and out and then use the most phobic and offensive language towards you (in many cases, in prepubescent voices). No thanks.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

My boys also enjoy playing Valorant, and recently played in a large nationwide tournament on it with their friends on their squad.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

BigLewy wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 9:15 am
The chasm area in TOTK is driving me nuts. It took some getting used to with some of the new features, but I'm enjoying it more and more, especially as I build up strength. I love the game, just wish it had come out during the winter when I'm stuck in the house!
Spoiler: show/hide

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Thanks for keeping this spoiler free.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 9:43 am
I can't believe you torture yourself with that nonsense Nodack. I can't stand the toxic gamer population in those Fortnite etc., games. These are kids or grown-ups that live with their parents and spend 6 to 8 hours a day playing these games. They love to dominate casual people like us with a life, families and day jobs that pop in and out and then use the most phobic and offensive language towards you (in many cases, in prepubescent voices). No thanks.
Luckily in Fortnite I play with musician buddies of mine that tolerate my bad play without insulting me. The other enemy players don’t get to ever speak with us. They can use emotes and that’s about it.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
I only really like games where I can compete against others. If there’s not real life competition, I lose interest fairly quickly.

Unfortunately these days since I don’t play much for reasons you explained that means getting my ass beat 10 different ways and then quitting in a fit of rage.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 10:08 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
I only really like games where I can compete against others. If there’s not real life competition, I lose interest fairly quickly.

Unfortunately these days since I don’t play much for reasons you explained that means getting my ass beat 10 different ways and then quitting in a fit of rage.
I don't play these types of games but the best way is to find a group of friends that you know and just play with them if possible.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 10:58 am
specialsauce wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 10:08 am
AmareIsGod wrote:

I don't play these types of games but the best way is to find a group of friends that you know and just play with them if possible.
Yeah we’re just all in the young toddler/baby stage so getting us aligned at the same time is a miracle lol

TOO

Post by TOO »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:00 pm
Nodack wrote:
I just never liked the battle royal stuff…. Now the CoD war zone mode DMZ… that’s a lot of fun. It’s more pve with the occasional pvp skirmish mixed in but it’s up to you if you want to engage or run away.

I’ve been enjoying destiny 2: lightfall and all of its subsequent seasons it’s released. Lot of fun.
Do you actually get to raid and such? I usually play with 1 or 2 others, never do more than the dungeons. Can't do LFG, too old for that nonsense.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hey Saucy, you gonna tell them about how we faced off in Rocket League?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

You play Rocket League? That’s another game I have been trying to get better at. Two of the guys I play Fortnite with also play Rocket League and are good at it. I have been improving. On a scale of 1-10 I am about a 3 now. Those guys are 8’s. The bots have really improved lately. That ai thing? I am not good at the Rocket thing at all. I pretty much live on the bottom. I like playing the hockey and basketball versions too.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

TOO wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:46 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:00 pm
Nodack wrote:

Do you actually get to raid and such? I usually play with 1 or 2 others, never do more than the dungeons. Can't do LFG, too old for that nonsense.
Same…. I’ve done the new raid with some buddies and a couple of their friends and always looking to do more but haven’t. It is the most irritating part of the game, totally agree with you on that.

Probably gonna knock out the new dungeon today…. I’ve enjoyed the dungeons a lot.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Sounds like WOW

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Nodack wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 11:56 pm
Sounds like WOW
That's the main game that I'm still playing. "Classic" Wrath of the Lich King, with my son who was about ten when we played the first time around, and is now raid leading the guild that we play with. He's ridiculously better at the game than I am, but he lets me hang around and kill internet dragons with him, and fortunately for me, you can drag some dead weight in your group and still get kills.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I was a WOW addict for a long time. I finally got bored of it.