Video Games

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Kryptonic

Re: Video Games

Post by Kryptonic »

TOO wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:11 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:22 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:40 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:39 am
Can't stop playing RDR 2 on PC. Decided to finally give it some attention. The attention to detail and believable world really sucks you in for hours and hours. Have spent a lot of time exploring plant and animal species and hunting.
Gotta get back to that one of these days on PS5. I'll have nothing but time after April. :D
I was hoping Rockstar would release a PS5 patch to update to a locked 60fps... Such a fantastic game. I bought it on PC and been replaying it there. Just so crisp and clean.

Anyone playing Destiny 2 or getting the new expansion? I think I've seen before where some of you played this.
Yep. Usually make it though about half the season passes before i get bored.
Same…. The time gating season stuff is understandable but also the biggest drag, not to mention if you miss out, there’s no going back to previous season story missions. Even knowing all of this, I still preordered lightfall…. I’m just a gluten for punishment lol. At the very least the last couple of campaigns have been pretty good.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In terms of video gaming, I almost entirely play little "indie" games, and that's where I have the most joyful experiences. I kind of hate what has happened to most AAA games. They have long, bloated cutscenes, tutorials, they take hours just to get to the main part of the game. They often have these bloated "launcher" apps you have to run, they're constantly updating, they're buggy, they take a $5000 PC to run. And I really dislike the art style that has taken over game, a hyper-realistic depiction of human bodies, often very dark and drab and gray/brown/black in color. Even the genres that have become most common don't really suit me: console FPS shooters, 200+ hour bloated RPGs, battle royales, gacha games, this sort of stuff.

Indies and Nintendo titles, that's mostly where it's at. When I think of joyful gaming experiences from the last few years, I think of games like Tunic, Stray, Hades, Celeste, Baba Is You, Chicory, Vampire Survivors, BroForce, ... that sort of thing. Fun colorful graphics, often pixely, pick-up-and-play, good music, creative ideas and new things I haven't seen 100x before.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Back in 2014 i became disabled and one thing I still enjoy are video games and their ability to help me take my mind off my pain. I have a pretty nice gaming rig, and a ps5 to help keep me entertained. So the games you don’t like are the ones I’m looking to get lost in…. Destiny 2, Division 2 and been playing the new Call of duty modern warfare 2 (2022) DMZ mode which is a lot of fun with friends. I have a buddy who’s my Sherpa and helps me a ton since my issues can affect my play.

Marty…. Vampire survivors was one of those games I saw and couldn’t wrap my head around how it could be as good as everyone says… then I played it and was hooked lol. Played it on PC and my iPhone lol.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I mostly play Fortnite with some buddies on ps5 or World of Tanks on the iPad.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I just ordered my PSVR2. Excited to play Horizon Call of the Mountain.
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:36 pm
I just ordered my PSVR2. Excited to play Horizon Call of the Mountain.

Congrats and let us know how you like it! The reviews have been really solid on it.

On a side note... Hogwarts Legacy is pretty dang good. I was frustrated though... During character creation I thought there would be some perk to having the last name "Potter" (which coincidently is my real last name lol) but no dice. Maybe it's because this is set in the late 1800's.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I just got Returnal on PC. QD-OLED HDR 34" curved ultrawide Alienware + Bose surround sound headphones. In advanced audio settings, you can even enable Raytraced Audio. Lights off and my Xbox Elite Series 2. I was glued for 2 hours. Such an incredible game. Can't get enough. It's also on PS5. Anyone else try it? Tough as nails, incredible sound. Wow. Game floored me.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:01 am
I just got Returnal on PC. QD-OLED HDR 34" curved ultrawide Alienware + Bose surround sound headphones. In advanced audio settings, you can even enable Raytraced Audio. Lights off and my Xbox Elite Series 2. I was glued for 2 hours. Such an incredible game. Can't get enough. It's also on PS5. Anyone else try it? Tough as nails, incredible sound. Wow. Game floored me.
Good to hear…. I just re-upped my ps+ in December and saw it on there…. It’s been in my backlog and will definitely check it out ASAP. Just buried in Hogwarts legacy right now.

Nice monitor! That thing is nice! Here’s mine: https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27gn9 ... ng-monitor

I bought a top end 17” gaming laptop in 2019…. 32gb ram, 2.5tb NVME, and rtx 2080…. Things a hog and has 2 power adapters that I dual screen with my monitor. It runs evwrything in ultra settings on 1440p nicely but feel like I’m about 2 years out from upgrading so starting to budget now lol.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Kryptonic wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:01 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Good to hear…. I just re-upped my ps+ in December and saw it on there…. It’s been in my backlog and will definitely check it out ASAP. Just buried in Hogwarts legacy right now.

Nice monitor! That thing is nice! Here’s mine: https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27gn9 ... ng-monitor

I bought a top end 17” gaming laptop in 2019…. 32gb ram, 2.5tb NVME, and rtx 2080…. Things a hog and has 2 power adapters that I dual screen with my monitor. It runs evwrything in ultra settings on 1440p nicely but feel like I’m about 2 years out from upgrading so starting to budget now lol.
That's a great monitor! I have an LG C2 TV and here's my computer monitor.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/alienwa ... -aw3423dw/

I have a 3080 Ti desktop. 32gb RAM. Almost got a gaming laptop once!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
I'm not a FPS guy but I dug Returnal on PS5. Like you said, incredible atmosphere and sound.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:21 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
I'm not a FPS guy but I dug Returnal on PS5. Like you said, incredible atmosphere and sound.
A) 3rd person.
B) What do you know about sound in games? 😛

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:52 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:21 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
A) 3rd person.
B) What do you know about sound in games? 😛
Is it? I haven't played it for a while but I thought for sure it was 1st person. You're right. Just watched some videos to remind me. It plays like a FPS though.
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Hogwarts legacy has been pretty good…. Really digging the attention to detail and the various puzzles.

NetNomad

Post by NetNomad »

Kryptonic wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:21 pm
Hogwarts legacy has been pretty good…. Really digging the attention to detail and the various puzzles.
Do you play it actually? Graphics amazing, but the lore...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

So are you guys playing Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom? My wife and I are playing it and having a lot of fun. We're maybe 20-25 hours in. So much fun to have another huge game/world to explore. I was skeptical about this release because it takes place in the same world map as Breath of the Wild, but they've added so much new content and story that I think it does give me that same new feeling of exploration as the previous game.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 6:47 am
So are you guys playing Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom? My wife and I are playing it and having a lot of fun. We're maybe 20-25 hours in. So much fun to have another huge game/world to explore. I was skeptical about this release because it takes place in the same world map as Breath of the Wild, but they've added so much new content and story that I think it does give me that same new feeling of exploration as the previous game.
Oh, yeah! Having a blast exploring and experimenting. The creativity in puzzle solving is unmatched. So many different solutions and ways to accomplish something.
"Be Legendary."

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

The chasm area in TOTK is driving me nuts. It took some getting used to with some of the new features, but I'm enjoying it more and more, especially as I build up strength. I love the game, just wish it had come out during the winter when I'm stuck in the house!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Both of my oldest sons are loving the game. It is even fun for me to watch them play it, when I get the chance.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

BigLewy wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 9:15 am
The chasm area in TOTK is driving me nuts. It took some getting used to with some of the new features, but I'm enjoying it more and more, especially as I build up strength. I love the game, just wish it had come out during the winter when I'm stuck in the house!
Ha. It was a great retirement gift for me.
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

My 15 year old wants a switch and been saving his money for one…. Might need to “help” him out so I can get him (or me) the Zelda games. I always loved them from NES-N64…. Ocarina of time was amazing.