Video Games

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Kryptonic

Re: Video Games

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:52 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:55 am
I got addicted to Vampire Survivors some months ago, and I found that Brotato is a game that brings a similar gameplay style and feel. Having fun with that one right now. I am also playing this cracked out platformer named Pizza Tower. Very weird MS Paint-looking art style and fast Sonic-ish gameplay. That plus my usual Rocket League and occasional StarCraft 2.
LOL! Brotato is great, as is Pizza Tower. Pizza Tower is like some of the Wario 2D classics. If you like Brotato, Enter the Gungeon will surely scratch your itch. As will Nuclear Throne. Vampire Survivors is great. If you want something very similar but much more modern than Vampire Survivors, check out Deep Rock Galactic Survivor on Steam. There is a free demo which is basically just the pre-release version of the near full game.
Ooooh… will need to check out deep rock galactic survivor…. I know the previous game did pretty well, albeit different game type.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:48 am
After this last seasons dbacks run I’ve started to hunger for some baseball. Thinking about starting a franchise on mlb the show 23… figured I’d help support bones retirement. 😉
I appreciate the sentiment but unfortunately, I don't see any of that sweet Show money anymore.
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Probably the most hyped game of all time is finally getting a trailer tomorrow...

Grand Theft Auto VI trailer:

I played the 5th installment a little... I've owned it on PS3, PS4, PS5, and PC. Still holds up well today.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Earlier than expected…. Just… wow!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Unfortunately, not arriving until 2025! I keep threatening to go back and beat V on PS5. Incredible game but I never finished it. Hard to get back into it after this much time off.
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:56 pm
Unfortunately, not arriving until 2025! I keep threatening to go back and beat V on PS5. Incredible game but I never finished it. Hard to get back into it after this much time off.
If you get the PS5 updated version, I'd restart it and play it. I've played through it probably 4-5 times and a little of the online. I have it on PC but haven't messed with mods yet, which is where I guess it really shines. Funny enough, it's super popular with the teenagers these days. Both my 16 and 18 year olds play it.

There's another open world game called Cyberpunk2077 very similar to GTA V and HIGHLY recommend it. I'm sure AIG is all over it... it has lots of nudity in it :P j/k

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:04 pm
Superbone wrote:
If you get the PS5 updated version, I'd restart it and play it. I've played through it probably 4-5 times and a little of the online. I have it on PC but haven't messed with mods yet, which is where I guess it really shines. Funny enough, it's super popular with the teenagers these days. Both my 16 and 18 year olds play it.

There's another open world game called Cyberpunk2077 very similar to GTA V and HIGHLY recommend it. I'm sure AIG is all over it... it has lots of nudity in it :P j/k
I remember when Cyberpunk came out that it was riddled with bugs. Sounds like they were able to get past that and fix it up.
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:48 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Superbone wrote:

I remember when Cyberpunk came out that it was riddled with bugs. Sounds like they were able to get past that and fix it up.
Yea, it's had a really good redemption with patches and the latest DLC. They totally reworked the skill tree from the original onset to make it a little more streamlined. I'll pick up the DLC (which stars Edris Elba) and play it whenever I find it on sale since the reviews were stellar for it. I really want to play it on my PC (I was able to transfer my PS4/5 save file) since I have an RTX 4090 :)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I hardly play games these days, but Cyberpunk is my favorite game of all time since the most recent update and expansion a few months ago. I can't recommend it enough for anyone who enjoys that genre.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:15 pm
I hardly play games these days, but Cyberpunk is my favorite game of all time since the most recent update and expansion a few months ago. I can't recommend it enough for anyone who enjoys that genre.
Right on... I'm definitely gonna snag it.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm not at all into animation or similar comic/superhero lore, but that game actually made me interested in the entire world the game is built on. I even enjoyed a few episodes of the Netflix animation series.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:19 pm
Slay the Spire is the best mobile game. Period.
GOSH DAMN YOU!! I'm hooked now :lol:

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:14 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
What ascension are you? I think I'm like a level 12 with the first two classes!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:00 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
I just started... just been unlocking the characters to figure out which one I wanna roll with.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:16 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Kryptonic wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
I just started... just been unlocking the characters to figure out which one I wanna roll with.
I like how Ironclad heals himself between enemies. Silent can stack some lethal poison cards.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:07 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:16 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Kryptonic wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
I like how Ironclad heals himself between enemies. Silent can stack some lethal poison cards.
Funny, he’s my go to right now as well. I wish I could cross save between pc and iOS 😂

Great stuff, thanks again for the recommendation. 😉

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

A bit random, but I just loved this article dissecting how several games on the SNES / Genesis performed sophisticated 3d graphical effects. Quite technical, but you can kind of skip the details and just look at the cool screenshots and gifs. Also it's in French, but my browser happily translated it for me.

https://upsilandre.over-blog.com/2023/0 ... ode-7.html

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Kryptonic wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Kryptonic wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Yea, it's had a really good redemption with patches and the latest DLC. They totally reworked the skill tree from the original onset to make it a little more streamlined. I'll pick up the DLC (which stars Edris Elba) and play it whenever I find it on sale since the reviews were stellar for it. I really want to play it on my PC (I was able to transfer my PS4/5 save file) since I have an RTX 4090 :)
4090... Oh man! What I'd give. I have a 3080 ti :(

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:23 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Kryptonic wrote:
Superbone wrote:

4090... Oh man! What I'd give. I have a 3080 ti :(
Still a great card tbh :)

Man the pixels really pop on Slay the Spire :P I have 3 different save files on that dang game lol.. One on my ipad, one on my iphone and one on pc. Fun game.