Video Games

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Re: Video Games

Post by Superbone »

Just finished it after doing a couple more side quests. Clocked in at a little over 76 hours. Great credits that show off the beauty and great music of the game. Just an overall great game that was well designed.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:10 pm
I've never heard of it either.

For me, it's like a fast paced, action packed version of Castlevania mixed with Contra. It has excellent tight controls, especially with a controller (I use an Xbox One Elite controller on PC). It's all about skill and getting better and better while figuring out the best combination of weapons that work well together and secondary weapons like turrets, etc.,
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:19 am
Indy wrote:

For me, it's like a fast paced, action packed version of Castlevania mixed with Contra. It has excellent tight controls, especially with a controller (I use an Xbox One Elite controller on PC). It's all about skill and getting better and better while figuring out the best combination of weapons that work well together and secondary weapons like turrets, etc.,
Interesting. Pretty amazing that you got that much game play out of it. What is it that keeps bringing you back for more? You must have completed it 100s of times? (1000s?)
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:50 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:19 am
Indy wrote:

Interesting. Pretty amazing that you got that much game play out of it. What is it that keeps bringing you back for more? You must have completed it 100s of times? (1000s?)
When you get good enough to beat it on the initial difficulty, it unlocks 4 more tiers of diffulty.

Also, the more you play, the more you unlock (new weapons, new secondary attacks, etc).

There are multiple paths to the end with the end being a couple of different bosses.

Mind you, my favorite genre of gaming is Roguelite (Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, which is a deckbuilder roguelite I've been playing for hundreds of hours too) and even traditional Roguelikes (currently playing Jupiter Hell).
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I think I’m going to start Horizon Zero Dawn next.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I hope I can get back to zelda in the next week or two and finish it. Then I think I am going to start Red Dead Redemption. I never played either, and am debating about starting with 1 even though I think it only exists on the PS3 and that means I have to hook it back up.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

My wife and I are playing through Bravely Default II, a nice throwback JRPG for the Switch from Square Enix. It reminds me of the old Final Fantasy games, roughly FF IV-VI or thereabouts. Having a lot of fun with it.

She also got me Zelda Skyward Sword HD for Switch, so we'll play that next. I looooooooved Breath of the Wild (maybe my favorite video game of all time, definitely top-5), so it may be hard for me to play another more linear Zelda game. And I'm not thrilled about the central conceit with the motion controls and joycons; I much prefer to play with a standard pro controller. But I'll give it a shot.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:16 am
My wife and I are playing through Bravely Default II, a nice throwback JRPG for the Switch from Square Enix. It reminds me of the old Final Fantasy games, roughly FF IV-VI or thereabouts. Having a lot of fun with it.

She also got me Zelda Skyward Sword HD for Switch, so we'll play that next. I looooooooved Breath of the Wild (maybe my favorite video game of all time, definitely top-5), so it may be hard for me to play another more linear Zelda game. And I'm not thrilled about the central conceit with the motion controls and joycons; I much prefer to play with a standard pro controller. But I'll give it a shot.
I played it through on a pro controller. No worries there. They made it work for both configurations.

I got back into Uncharted. I want to finish the series. I'm on about chapter 20 of Uncharted 3 at the moment. Beautiful game with great action scenes.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Just started playing Deathloop on PC. Whoa!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:30 pm
Just started playing Deathloop on PC. Whoa!
Cool. Keep us posted. I've heard good things. It's on PS5 too.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:16 am

Yeah I am doing it on pro-controller and chose to not use the motion controllers. And it isn't as linear as you'd think. Sure you have to beat the main part in order, but all of the side missions and exploring can still be done.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I’ve been playing Kena on PS5 and love it! Amazing animation and Disney-style graphics. Incredible first effort for a new studio. Definitely has Zelda vibes.
"Be Legendary."

bIGDRAWLS0072

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

That Farcry 6 is nice

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Forza 5 is unbelievably fun and the graphics are to die for.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:20 pm
I’ve been playing Kena on PS5 and love it! Amazing animation and Disney-style graphics. Incredible first effort for a new studio. Definitely has Zelda vibes.
Now that I have a PS5 I will have to try it out. But I just started RDR2 and need to get through that first.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:23 am
Forza 5 is unbelievably fun and the graphics are to die for.
It's amazing! Mexico is awesome. I have it in PC but it is cross platform with Xbox gamers. We should play!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:15 am
Superbone wrote:
Now that I have a PS5 I will have to try it out. But I just started RDR2 and need to get through that first.
How'd you get your PS5? My son is still trying!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:46 am
Indy wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:15 am
Superbone wrote:
How'd you get your PS5? My son is still trying!
GameStop had some bundles for in-person purchase only. It was one day last month. Three of the stores around me all had bundles left at 7 at night so I went in a bought it. I was not happy about the bundle because it had a bunch of stuff I didn't want/need. It was $750 for the disc console, 2 games (far cry 6, ghosts of ...), a PS online membership for a year, and a $50 game stop gift card. I sold the 2 games on ebay for about half their retail cost, and I guess I will use the giftcard to buy a game I want, and eventually will have my membership renewal, but that is 10 months away.

So I paid a premium of about $50 of things I wouldn't use/need, and about another 100 on things I won't use for a while.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Lately I've been playing the Final Fantasy "pixel remasters" on Steam. SquareEnix is re-releasing all the old classic Final Fantasy games with a bit of revamping. They're widescreen and have the pixel art redrawn to be more colorful but in the same style. The music is all redone by a real orchestra. It's great; a gentle update on a bunch of classic old Final Fantasy games that I loved as a kid. Currently beating FFV after beating FFIV last month. I hear FFVI will come out around Christmas time.

Indy

Post by Indy »

If anyone local wants to buy a PS5 Digital console, let me know. I ended up getting one when Target dropped their consoles this morning. I am not looking to make money off of it. It was about $440 with tax.