Tesla

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Nodack

Re: Tesla

Post by Nodack »

I am mot a car battery expert. The service tech called it a bad Hybrid Electric Battery Module and that sounded like a battery to me.They added the Conteol part on the receipt at the end which sounds less like a battery.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Insane lithium price rally continues with “little relief in sight”
Frik Els | March 15, 2022 | 1:52 pm Battery Metals Markets Australia China Latin America Lithium
https://www.mining.com/insane-lithium-p ... -in-sight/

Lithium prices have jumped across the board over the past year on the back of heavy demand from the automotive sector, but inside China there is a mad scramble, particularly for carbonate.

Carbonate continues to soar in 2022 after more than quadrupling in value last year, according to Benchmark Mineral Intelligence, a battery supply chain researcher and price reporting agency.

The mid-March assessment by Benchmark shows battery grade lithium carbonate (EXW China, ≥99.5% Li2CO3) averaging $76,700 a tonne. That’s up 10% over just two weeks and 95% since the start of the year. In March last year it was trading at $13,400 a tonne.

The rally in lithium hydroxide, used in high-nickel content cathode manufacture, is accelerating, up 120% so far this year, narrowing the discount to carbonate, which historically is priced below hydroxide.

Benchmark says it continues to hear reports that Chinese inventory levels for hydroxide, carbonate, and spodumene feedstock remain very low sustaining the high price environment:

“Robust demand for material, and hence high prices, will be sustained in the near-term, with expectations that the seasonal recommencement of supply from domestic Qinghai brines in the coming months will provide little relief to the growing market deficit.”
Spoiler: show/hide

I figured I would put this here, since this could significantly affect the price of EVs.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Thank the heavens I bought our used Tesla a year ago.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Here Are 20 Brand-New Electric Vehicles Worth Waiting For
https://www3.forbes.com/lifestyle/here- ... heytgmddgy

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

These look pretty cool. I am glad they are starting to try to make them look cool. In the beginning they tried to make them look “green” whatever that was which translates to dorky looking.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The new Tesla Roadster looks cool.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

Can't wait until there is actual competition in the EV market. Right now I think my next vehicle will be a Rivian, but my current vehicle is over 5 years old and not even at 40k miles yet.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Rivian looks like a very nice & fun truck.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:30 pm
Rivian looks like a very nice & fun truck.
I just saw a Rivian truck on the road today!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I need to see one in person.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

The Rivian is an AMAZING truck. If you preorder and reserve one now, you're looking at a 2-year window for delivery. You might as well get in on it now knowing you can always cancel before you take delivery. $1,000 deposit but it's 100% refundable.

I built one for fun and with all the options I'd want, with the larger battery, it's like 90k out the door. Ooph. I'll stick with my Tesla for now and see how the future plays out with trucks and SUVs. That will be next for us. Crazy that we bought our P3D+ 2019 fully loaded used for just around $40k with 20k miles on it. It's worth 48k right now (we owe about 34k at the moment).

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah I have seen all the videos and reviews, but I haven't seen one in person. I am probably 5 years away from replacing my current car. I want to get both my kids in college first, especially considering I will have to get my kids a vehicle next summer.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mercedes-Benz's sleek electric concept car drove 626 miles on a single charge, crushing Tesla's best car
https://www.businessinsider.com/mercede ... sla-2022-4

Motor Mouth: Benz's Vision EQXX drives 1,000 km on a single charge
https://driving.ca/column/motor-mouth/m ... gle-charge

DISTANCE DESIGN Mercedes Benz’s new electric car drives 600 miles on just ONE
https://www.the-sun.com/motors/5127405/ ... car-range/

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Tesla's new Roadster will have that single charge distance as well.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Electric car mileage has come a long ways in a short period of time.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Apple Car
Apple's vehicle project, focused on building a fully autonomous car.

https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/apple-car/

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Hey Siri, take me to Las Vegas.
"Be Legendary."