Tesla

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
In2ition

Re: Tesla

Post by In2ition »

Sorry to hear that.I often thought in the future, you wouldn't actually own the car. It would take you wherever you want, and then do other transports itself. Saves you on gas, insurance, registration, payments and maintenance.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Real sorry to hear about your situation Kryptonic. Back injuries suck. Doctors are only so so at fixing them too. Getting old sucks. Hard to last this long and not have something screwed up on your body. I got my main gig because the previous guitar player got in a car accident and screwed up his back. He has improved over the past decade to the point he could probably gig again.

I have varying views of the future of transportation too In2ition. I can see a point where there are private and public transportation vehicles sharing the road all connected and self driving. Tesla’s are trying to be self driving along with several other companies. I could see a communication standard where the vehicles talk to each other on the freeway and sort themselves according to parameters like how long they will be traveling on the same stretch of freeway before having to exit. The other cars would just make room for the vehicles that needed to exit. No assholes cutting people off or not letting people in. Cars sync up with the vehicle in front of them. A stock Tesla already has cruise control that drives in a lane steadily by itself and will slow for slower vehicles in front of it until they move out of the way. It then speeds back up to the set speed. You pick how many car lengths to follow behind a car ahead of you. A system like that but where the vehicles talk to each other and coordinate their moves and speeds. The road has electricity built in and cars charge and run off the electricity just by driving.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Looks like there will be a number of EV cars on the market soon, for anyone that might be interested.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:28 pm
Looks like there will be a number of EV cars on the market soon, for anyone that might be interested.
Thanks! I like our Teslas but have had a few costly repairs with the used model 3. I wonder if the previous owner was hard on it. It is a performance model. There are many things we think are great but like many vehicles I've owned, it has several faults. My Tacoma was the best vehicle I've owned. Miss it.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:34 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:28 pm
Thanks! I like our Teslas but have had a few costly repairs with the used model 3. I wonder if the previous owner was hard on it. It is a performance model. There are many things we think are great but like many vehicles I've owned, it has several faults. My Tacoma was the best vehicle I've owned. Miss it.
Never met anyone that hated their tacoma. Most have had multiple generations of them.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

What issues have you had Amare? I have about 10,800 miles so far and haven’t had any breakdowns. My tires seem fine. I haven’t got them rotated even. My tire guy will yell at me for not rotating sooner.

So far I have been to Sierra Vista, Tucson, Flagstaff and Vegas on trips that needed charging. I can probably make it round trip to Tucson but I felt more comfortable stopping and getting a little extra juice for peace of mind. Anything in the Phoenix metropolitan area is in range without needing charging. I drive from the East side to the West side and back at least once a week.

The only issues I have had was the automatic windshield wipers don’t seem to work great by themselves and the cruise control has a couple of issues.

It gets wet and they don’t come on right away. Then they do and at different speeds inappropriately for the amount of rain. The rain stops and they kind of keep going or turning on and off.

If I have it on cruise and am passing an 18 wheeler, I have had a few times where I get about 3/4 past the 18 wheeler and all of the sudden the cruise will disengage and the brakes get applied. I easily just put my foot on the gas and continued but, it kind of scared me. Now when I pass a truck I turn off the cruise or just closely monitor at the time I think there could be a problem. Most of the time it just passes the truck and nothing happens.

Also if you are using the cruise where it steers straight in your lane and you are in the right lane of the freeway where the cars merge with you, the right marker line disappears and the merging lane right lane appears and gradually gets closer and turns into the regular right side marker. The Tesla will split the difference and go to the middle of those two lines or to the right inappropriately and gradually move back to the lane. I don’t use that cruise in the right lane of a freeway.

My Tesla is a little bigger than my Volt was and at first I would clip a few corners turning too early. I think I have it down now.

A cool feature. It has my schedule imported to the car from the phone automatically and I have it set to automatically route me to the next thing on my schedule. I just get in the car and it already knows where I going and routes me there on the screen. It automatically routes you home afterwards.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Angela Chao: Shipping billionaire intoxicated when she drowned in Tesla, police report shows
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68622898