Early Retirement

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Kryptonic

Re: Early Retirement

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:20 pm
I was thinking, now that you're retired you can spend $250,000 and ride in a janky small submersible down in the ocean to explore the Titanic. I mean if billionaires think that's a good way to spend money, it must be a good way to spend money.

On a side note, you couldn't pay me a million dollars to get in that janky little submersible and go 13,000 ft deep in the dark ocean, cramped up with four other full grown men.
And controlled by a janky $40 Logitech controller 😳

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:40 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:20 pm
I was thinking, now that you're retired you can spend $250,000 and ride in a janky small submersible down in the ocean to explore the Titanic. I mean if billionaires think that's a good way to spend money, it must be a good way to spend money.

On a side note, you couldn't pay me a million dollars to get in that janky little submersible and go 13,000 ft deep in the dark ocean, cramped up with four other full grown men.
And controlled by a janky $40 Logitech controller 😳
When I saw the video of the guy demonstrating how it worked, with that cheap ass video game controller, I thought there's no way in hell I'd ever step foot in that thing. And yet educated billionaires decided it was worth spending $250,000 to risk their lives and look out a small circular window at something you can see plenty of high definition footage of online.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, think I’ll pass on that. 😛
"Be Legendary."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Well, it seems that the submersible suffered a "catastrophic implosion" and how the five passangers are pretty much oatmeal. Our bodies aren't designed for the sudden change in pressure that they were subjected to.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It was over quickly. Better than slowly suffocating in the freezing cold.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

The Bobster wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:12 pm
Well, it seems that the submersible suffered a "catastrophic implosion" and how the five passangers are pretty much oatmeal. Our bodies aren't designed for the sudden change in pressure that they were subjected to.
Was just about to make some oatmeal till I read that 😳

Pretty sad but at least it was quick.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If you want to get submerged in a dark desolate place from which there is no escape, just go spend some time in the All Things Ayton thread instead. It's free! :-)