Game of Thrones

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: What TV shows are you guys watching?

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

GAME OF THRONES!!!!!
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:GAME OF THRONES!!!!!
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Is there a more satisfying character arc in Game of Thrones than Arya's? That last scene in S4E1 was so badass.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I feel like they're really playing up her transformation into a cold blooded killer. I thought the music was a tad over dramatic. It's almost as if the directors think the audience isn't smart enough to pick up that Arya is going to have some major issues as she grows up and becomes an adult.

carey

Post by carey »

Xylus wrote:Is there a more satisfying character arc in Game of Thrones than Arya's? That last scene in S4E1 was so badass.
Yes, Jamie's. My favorite in the book is Arya, but Jamie's is more significant. From where he starts in the first book to where he is now is miles apart.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

GAME OF THRONES!! I knew that was going to happen, I have been waiting four years for that to happen, and now it finally happened!!!

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Wally_West wrote:GAME OF THRONES!! I knew that was going to happen, I have been waiting four years for that to happen, and now it finally happened!!!
Dragons?
You sold me two quier giraffes

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

JeffreyLee wrote:
Wally_West wrote:GAME OF THRONES!! I knew that was going to happen, I have been waiting four years for that to happen, and now it finally happened!!!
Dragons?
Something way better. I won't spoil it. But it was awesome.

TOO

Post by TOO »

4 years you say? I'm excited to see what it is now.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It's about time. One less character to loathe.

I haven't read this far in the story, but I think I know who really did the deed...

TOO

Post by TOO »

Carey.. you know better than tweeting GoT happenings. Dude.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Carey.. you know better than tweeting GoT happenings. Dude.
Sorry dude, it's a 15 year old book. I consider that after an episode airs then everything is fair game and that if you don't want to be spoiled stay off Twitter on Sunday nights.

I understand it sucks to be spoiled but when is it fair? Can I say Darth Vader is Luke's father? How about if I tell you Romeo & Juliet die at the end? Are those works old enough?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:It's about time. One less character to loathe.

I haven't read this far in the story, but I think I know who really did the deed...
I'd love to hear your guess. If GRRM is one thing, it's crafty. I certainly didn't figure it out. In fact there are few plot points I've ever been able to guess in the entire series and I think that's what always kept me reading.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It's been 12 hours since the episode aired, so I feel the spoiler grace period is has finished. But I agree with you Carey, it's not like this story hasn't been available for years.

I obviously can't say for certain who poisoned him, but if I was placing a bet then my money would be on Dontos Hollard (the drunk fool) playing a major role.

I think Sansa is also someone to really consider, and maybe she was in cahoots with Dontos. My fringe theories include Shea, Tywin or Olenna Tyrell being the brains behind it all.

carey

Post by carey »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:It's been 12 hours since the episode aired, so I feel the spoiler grace period is has finished. But I agree with you Carey, it's not like this story hasn't been available for years.

I obviously can't say for certain who poisoned him, but if I was placing a bet then my money would be on Dontos Hollard (the drunk fool) playing a major role.

I think Sansa is also someone to really consider, and maybe she was in cahoots with Dontos. My fringe theories include Shea, Tywin or Olenna Tyrell being the brains behind it all.
All good theories. GRRM never tells you who did it explicitly. A character does take credit for it in a conversation with another but it's someone we can never believe unfortunately. I'm anxious to see if the show comes out and says who did it plain as day. That would mean GRRM told the producers & that would be cool. I have my own theory of course. ;)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Carey.. you know better than tweeting GoT happenings. Dude.
Sorry dude, it's a 15 year old book. I consider that after an episode airs then everything is fair game and that if you don't want to be spoiled stay off Twitter on Sunday nights.

I understand it sucks to be spoiled but when is it fair? Can I say Darth Vader is Luke's father? How about if I tell you Romeo & Juliet die at the end? Are those works old enough?
Some people didn't read the books and don't get the show til 3 hrs later...
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote: Some people didn't read the books and don't get the show til 3 hrs later...
Then stay off Twitter? Part of the fun about watching shows when they air is being able to discuss them on social media. If you don't want to be spoiled then why go where you can be spoiled? If you were at work and ran up on two guys talking about last night's episode and you hadn't seen it wouldn't you just walk away? Or would you tell them to shut up?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote: Some people didn't read the books and don't get the show til 3 hrs later...
Then stay off Twitter? Part of the fun about watching shows when they air is being able to discuss them on social media. If you don't want to be spoiled then why go where you can be spoiled? If you were at work and ran up on two guys talking about last night's episode and you hadn't seen it wouldn't you just walk away? Or would you tell them to shut up?
Justify your spoilers however you'd like.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Calm down or someone's gonna get unfollowed, fellas.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Nah, I'll just skip past his tweets on Sunday night from here til seasons end. ;)
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.