From the comic to the screen.

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Wally_West

Re: From the comic to the screen.

Post by Wally_West »

carey wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:I couldn't bring myself to watch Wolverine Origins after the first movie fiasco (to me, at least). And this comes from an avid Wolverine (and Predator) fan who particularly loves his Japan epoque.
Wolverine Origins was the first movie fiasco.

The Wolverine is the Japanese one and it's great.... right up until the climax where it feels like he's riding his motorcycle into a totally different film.
Agreed about that. I liked wolverine but I had tons of problems with it.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Yeah, Wolverine Origins. What a wasted opportunity. Sabretooth was cool but I was hoping something wilder of a character. Better than Wolverine still. And oh, the unwarranted cameos.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Lol, I like the fact that we confuse the two, your right, it's the second one I like more, although Origins had some good parts :-)
For me even hinting that Deadpool was the baddie in Origins though annoyed me as he could be such a great screen presence if done correctly.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

If anyone wants it, I have a Fan Edit of Origins that removes the deadpool references, a lot of pointless humor, cuts scenes so that Sabretooth takes him unwillingly to Stryker, incorporates deleted footage, cuts out any dialogue referring to them being "brothers", etc.... very good cut of the movie. Its called Weapon X: Codename Wolverine, if anyone wants to check it out. Or PM me and I'll figure something out.

With the Deadpool and Gambit reboot movies and the 80s setting for X Men: Apocolypse, I am pretty sure that Origins is being treated as completely non canon. Days of Future Past has Vietnam scenes without Logan, and a different actor playing Stryker, in a movie that goes out of its way to use actor continuity; It had a completely different base for all the weapon X scenes, when X2 used that building as a major plot point.... none of the events shown in X2 fit with Origins... the dates in Origins don't line up with anything... its just a crap movie in general and needs to be ignored.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I'll believe it when I see it but if this is true San Diego Comic con is gonna be bonkers!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=101779

carey

Post by carey »

I've seen The Flash pilot and the Constantine pilot. If anyone is curious on my thoughts you can hit me up via PM. Don't want to spoil it for anyone.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I saw them too! I enjoyed both.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Guardians of the Galaxy - best movie of the year IMO.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I wouldn't go that far, but I did have a very enjoyable time. It was definitely the most fun movie of the year for me. Made me feel like I was 5 and saw Star Wars for the first time.

Sent using Tapatalk

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:I wouldn't go that far, but I did have a very enjoyable time. It was definitely the most fun movie of the year for me. Made me feel like I was 5 and saw Star Wars for the first time.

Sent using Tapatalk
I also was reminded of the original Star Wars. In fact I called it Star Wars for the new generation.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Me too. It certainly had a few parallels.

Sent using Tapatalk

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:Me too. It certainly had a few parallels.

Sent using Tapatalk
With some Star Trek thrown in for good measure (***spoiler below***)

Mori, we really need spoiler tags!

Like when they got a new ship at the end.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah but that's been overdone even in Star Trek. I didn't have a sense of wonder at that in guardians at all.

Sent using Tapatalk

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I liked Guardians of the Galaxy very much, but I think Cap 2 was still better. For me, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was the best Summer blockbuster movie of the year by far. Ape not kill ape.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Wally_West wrote:I liked Guardians of the Galaxy very much, but I think Cap 2 was still better. For me, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was the best Summer blockbuster movie of the year by far. Ape not kill ape.
I loved the first one, I haven't had a chance to see Dawn yet. Was kind of put off by the fact that none of the original cast was in it. I hate stuff like that in sequels. Did they at least tell you what happened to James Franco and his girlfriend?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Dan H wrote:
Wally_West wrote:I liked Guardians of the Galaxy very much, but I think Cap 2 was still better. For me, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was the best Summer blockbuster movie of the year by far. Ape not kill ape.
I loved the first one, I haven't had a chance to see Dawn yet. Was kind of put off by the fact that none of the original cast was in it. I hate stuff like that in sequels. Did they at least tell you what happened to James Franco and his girlfriend?
I don't remember if they tell you what happened to him but he is definitely referenced.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:Yeah but that's been overdone even in Star Trek. I didn't have a sense of wonder at that in guardians at all.

Sent using Tapatalk
I didn't say I did either. Just that it was a parallel. Plus the whole ceremony just like both Star Wars and Star Trek.
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Dan H wrote:
Actually many of the original cast is in it, just not the human ones. ;) I would recommend re-watching the first one for that reason, many of the ape characters have larger supporting roles in this one and one of the apes in the first one is the main villain in this one. Also it sort of makes sense why none of the original human cast is not in this one. It takes place 10 years later and the simian-flu you see at the end of the first movie has pretty much killed much of the human race. While they don't say outright what happened to James Franco and his girlfriend, they heavily imply what has happened to them.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

This will be an unpopular opinion but Star Wars is totally overrated. Only two of those six movies are even watchable. Episode 1-3 and 6 can be put in a toilet and flushed.

carey

Post by carey »

But 5 is quite possibly one of the best movies of all time. I watch it two or 3 times a year. Simply fantastic.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!