From the comic to the screen.

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
carey

Re: From the comic to the screen.

Post by carey »

I don't think so at least not for a long time but I think they are going to kill Cap off in Cap 3. They have set up nicely for the death of Capitan America story line with Bucky taking over for Cap.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

carey wrote:I don't think so at least not for a long time but I think they are going to kill Cap off in Cap 3. They have set up nicely for the death of Capitan America story line with Bucky taking over for Cap.
Cap does come back somehow, not sure how you survive a sniper shot to the head but he does return. Not sure Disney has the balls to do it.
You sold me two quier giraffes

carey

Post by carey »

JeffreyLee wrote:Cap does come back somehow, not sure how you survive a sniper shot to the head but he does return. Not sure Disney has the balls to do it.
I think it's a bit out of Disney's hands at the moment. These actors won't play these characters forever. RDJ is already super sick of being Stark (5 films already), and I've read quotes by Evans saying he's ready to move on from the character. Evans has a lot of other interests and has been directing of late. I think Avengers 2 and Cap 3 will probably be the end of his tenure. I also think at least one person will be killed off in Avengers 2 and though it's probably Hawkeye, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Stark.

Besides, we have Ant-Man coming next year and Dr. Strange soon thereafter. Plenty plenty material to mine for the big screen. It won't bother me at all if after 2016 we don't see Evans or RDJ in the MCU.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

i read that artical on Chris Evans, was a pretty good read. Ant man i am looking forward to. It will be interesting to see how they play this out.

carey

Post by carey »

JeffreyLee wrote:i read that artical on Chris Evans, was a pretty good read. Ant man i am looking forward to. It will be interesting to see how they play this out.
Definitely, and unlike Warner Bros. I have faith Marvel won't fuck it up. You see Cyborg was cast for BvsS? May as well cast an Aquaman now and call it Justice League.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

carey wrote:
JeffreyLee wrote:i read that artical on Chris Evans, was a pretty good read. Ant man i am looking forward to. It will be interesting to see how they play this out.
Definitely, and unlike Warner Bros. I have faith Marvel won't fuck it up. You see Cyborg was cast for BvsS? May as well cast an Aquaman now and call it Justice League.
Aqua man has to be the most usless hero ever. Did you ever catch the Fam guy episode where hes just sitting in the ocean?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

First off, Aquaman is a fucking badass. There is a bad perception of him out there, but as a fan of that character since I was a kid, I know he is capable of being a badass. I blame the superfriends haha.
As to Cyborg, I really don’t have a problem with it. People like to point to Spiderman 3 or Iron man 2 as example of superhero movies having too many characters in it, but seem to forget movies like Lord of the rings,the harry potter films, the X-Men films and even the dark knight films to an extent, as examples how a film can juggle many characters but still be great. Shit, Captain America 2 had Black Widow, Falcon, Nick Fury and fucking winter soldier and there wasn’t a big uproar about that film having too many characters. Cyborg is most likely going to have a few numbers of scenes or just a cameo and probably before he even becomes Cyborg too. To me, it doesn’t matter how many characters or heroes that are in the movie as long as the acting and story are good and at the end of the day that is all that matters. The debate whether Zack Snyder can deliver that is another story. I liked Man of Steel a lot even with all of its flaws so I have confidence.
Another thing people forget is DC can’t be like Marvel and roll out a bunch of solo movies to their characters. Marvel is its own studio that their sole purpose is to make superhero movies. They devote their whole movie budgets to making superhero movies and are able to only put out 2-3 movies a year still. DC does not have the privilege to do what marvel does because they are owned by Warner Bros and Warner Bros are in the movie making business not the superhero making business. Warner Bros has to make comedies, Romances, Dramas, oscar bait movies every year, and they have other franchises besides the DC properties too, so they can only devote only certain amount money of a year to superhero stuff. So DC can’t be like marvel and cannot compete like Marvel in that sense. This is pretty much the only way DC can make a shared universe like marvel. People have been complaining for years for DC to do this and now that they are, people throwing shit fits. I understand the skepticism but I am a wait and see kind of guy. If this movie sucks I’ll be the first mother fucker in line throwing shit!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Also sorry for any grammar mistakes, I wrote this between classes. :D

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

I wasnt complaining, I was just calling Aquaman a pussy in my eyes.Id rather have Aeriel.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

JeffreyLee wrote:I wasnt complaining, I was just calling Aquaman a pussy in my eyes.Id rather have Aeriel.
Well if the choice is between Aquaman or Aeriel then Aquaman loses everytime! :D

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Wally_West wrote:
JeffreyLee wrote:I wasnt complaining, I was just calling Aquaman a pussy in my eyes.Id rather have Aeriel.
Well if the choice is between Aquaman or Aeriel then Aquaman loses everytime! :D
I two thumbs up that reply.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Anybody see the new Batsuit? It's absolutely Awesome!
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=99968

TOO

Post by TOO »

Daredevil looks weird in a batsuit.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Daredevil looks weird in a batsuit.
Well played, especially since they are doing the smaller rounded horns on the cowl. K
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

JeffreyLee wrote:
carey wrote:
Aqua man has to be the most usless hero ever. Did you ever catch the Fam guy episode where hes just sitting in the ocean?
Family Guy and Robot Chicken have helped push that reputation for Aquaman, but its honestly very far from the truth. Even in the Super Friends days, the narrators would always be stressing his super strength for being able to survive in the pressure of the ocean depths, and would mention his invulnerability and speed. The talking to animals was just a bonus, but thats all anyone seems to remember. His lineage goes back all the way to mythological times and often times he is depicted as Ruler of an Empire. You can't play "Injustice" and continue to think that Aquaman is lame. :)

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Dark night, Avengers, cap2 and Days of future past seem to be upping the anti with what we should expect from a good 'comic book' movie.

There are so many poor ones I don't know where to start, but I like Wolverine Origins and others hate it, I hate the Green Lantern, others love it so it's horses for courses.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I couldn't bring myself to watch Wolverine Origins after the first movie fiasco (to me, at least). And this comes from an avid Wolverine (and Predator) fan who particularly loves his Japan epoque.

carey

Post by carey »

Ring_Wanted wrote:I couldn't bring myself to watch Wolverine Origins after the first movie fiasco (to me, at least). And this comes from an avid Wolverine (and Predator) fan who particularly loves his Japan epoque.
Wolverine Origins was the first movie fiasco.

The Wolverine is the Japanese one and it's great.... right up until the climax where it feels like he's riding his motorcycle into a totally different film.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Captain Marv-el

Post by Captain Marv-el »

I cant wait for MARVEL to make a movie about the Black Panther who was created by Jack ♚ Kirby & Stan Lee in Aug 1966 but had his first solo series done with Art & Writting from Jack ♚ Kirby (#respect to stan too)

$HAϟAM

Hiphop Family Treeϟ Roots

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Captain Marv-el wrote:I cant wait for MARVEL to make a movie about the Black Panther who was created by Jack ♚ Kirby & Stan Lee in Aug 1966 but had his first solo series done with Art & Writting from Jack ♚ Kirby (#respect to stan too)

[ Image ]
Rumor is that he will be referenced in next avengers movie, possibly making a cameo. He is believed to part of the phase 3 films. Comic-con is going to be crazy this year-Avengers, Marvel's phase 3 films, Batman v Superman, the justice league cast and confirmed date of 2017! Damn I can't wait!