Doctor Who

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
carey

Doctor Who

Post by carey »

Any Doctor Who fans?

The first Capaldi episode has leaked 8 weeks early. It's in black & white and some of the effects are unfinished but it's the real deal.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

DrSublime

Re: Doctor Who

Post by DrSublime »

Sweeeeet
~~~~~

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

links? lol
~~~~~

carey

Post by carey »

It's on watch series dash online dot ch. Also torrents.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I started watching when Dr. Who came to America. I really dig it.
"Be Legendary."

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

love this show, the wife initially hated it, but now she's more into the show than I am (has a lot to do w/ Tennant+Piper).. she even met John Barrowman at comicon this year (he was super nice)
~~~~~

carey

Post by carey »

Did Barrowman grope her? He's kind of famous for it but usually it's other dudes (obviously.)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

carey wrote:Did Barrowman grope her? He's kind of famous for it but usually it's other dudes (obviously.)
no she had out two young kids in the photo w/ him...he grabbed her leg and held it up a bit in the photo, so eh... otherwise w/out the kids though who knows lol, she might have tried to grope him lmao
~~~~~

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I have been wanting to check out Doctor Who for awhile, is there a good place me to start at? Netflix seems to have the whole series, I don't know where to start.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

Wally_West wrote:I have been wanting to check out Doctor Who for awhile, is there a good place me to start at? Netflix seems to have the whole series, I don't know where to start.
netflix has almost all of the series online, my opinion, best place to get a good feel for the show, start at the end of season one of the 'reboot' (Christopher Eccleston 9th Doctor) and watch the two part episode,

"The Empty Child"
"The Doctor Dances"

if you do not love the show after those two, its not a show for you.

If you like the show, start from the beginning of the 9th doctor's series and go from there, do not start w/ the older ones from the 60's/70's, save those for after you watch the newer ones, you will appreciate them more.
~~~~~

Cap

Post by Cap »

I never watched the classic series, but I enjoy the new series and am eagerly looking forward to the new season. And now, I'm eagerly looking forward to discussing it on phx-suns.net! Thanks for the thread, carey.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

DrSublime wrote:
Wally_West wrote:I have been wanting to check out Doctor Who for awhile, is there a good place me to start at? Netflix seems to have the whole series, I don't know where to start.
netflix has almost all of the series online, my opinion, best place to get a good feel for the show, start at the end of season one of the 'reboot' (Christopher Eccleston 9th Doctor) and watch the two part episode,

"The Empty Child"
"The Doctor Dances"

if you do not love the show after those two, its not a show for you.

If you like the show, start from the beginning of the 9th doctor's series and go from there, do not start w/ the older ones from the 60's/70's, save those for after you watch the newer ones, you will appreciate them more.
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely check it out, just got to find the time now haha.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

so who's liking Capaldi so far ?
~~~~~

carey

Post by carey »

Not me. I was bored last episode. Bored during a Doctor Who episode. That's hard to do.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

carey wrote:Not me. I was bored last episode. Bored during a Doctor Who episode. That's hard to do.
into the dalek seems to be a character building episode and little much else, attempts to set up a foundation going forward of the new doc trying to fight his demons imo, that said, the episode was one of the weaker ones (excitement wise) overall in a while, really liked the one w/ the dinosaur the week before much better
~~~~~

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I thought that was a disappointing Doctor Who finale. Especially the way they left things.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nobody? I guess the two-part finale was pretty good it's just that they left things in such a sad state.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Going to watch them today. Been busy but have them ready to go.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!