DBacks!

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
JeremyG

Re: DBacks!

Post by JeremyG »

Just like Al McCoy, you can hear his voice breaking as he signs off and says "so long for now."
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Dbacks are currently killing the Rockies 16-1, it’s only the 5th inning.

Scored 14 in the 3rd

Split T

Post by Split T »

They batted around twice in the 3rd…15 of 18 batters reached base, 14 scored. 13 hits…insane

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Was a heck of a game! Was cool to see the franchise record inning.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Wow! Wow!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Cap

Post by Cap »

At Zipps watching the game today and had an interesting experience. There was a play where catcher’s interference was called when the swinging bat impacted a lace of the catcher’s mitt. (It had absolutely no effect on the swing, but the rule says that any contact at all is interference.) I wondered aloud, how does that call even happen? When the contact is that slight at that speed, and the ump’s focus is necessarily on the ball rather than the mitt, how can the ump see it?

The guy sitting next to me tells me he used to be a minor league umpire. His answer: you can hear it. I was a little surprised by that. Even if the crowd is roaring, you can hear it? He said yes.

Anyway, I thought that was interesting and wanted to share.

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

DBacks taking their late-game strategy right out of the Suns playbook the last couple of games.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Playing AMAZING baseball. I never thought I'd ever fall in love with Joc Pederson, much less even like him. I despised him when he wasn't a Dback. Grayson Allen effect.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ketel Marte might be headed for MVP…if we can get rookie year Carroll back we will be good

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nice seats!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Thanks! I’m pretty lucky…. My brother in law won a charity auction. Been a while since I sat in the clubhouse and was an amazing game. Walk off home run was amazing…. But even cooler was it was the kids first MLB homer and it was a no out, first pitch he sent out. Incredible.

I’ve been super lucky with seats. I win a contest for ktar years ago and got to sit in the dugout suit. Randy pitched that night and got loads of autographs… just not his since we were told not to talk to him since he was pitching. Two weeks before I won that contest I got tickets on top of the dugout…. Told the wife to take it all in since we would never sit closer…lol I was wrong.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Kryptonic wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:17 am

Did you have a great time!? They just keep winning! Wow.