Video Games

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Re: Video Games

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
DrSublime wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Does Bungie do PC games? I think Halo is there but not sure.
Halo 1 and 2 are on PC,

Destiny will most likely end up on PC, but not right away.
I don't see the logic behind not putting your games on as many platforms as possible.
Exclusivity agreements.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I shall see you then sir. Maybe earlier as I got the digital guardian edition.
whats your PSN name, mine should be ovbious.... DrSublime...

from what I've heard this game is going to be impossible to play solo, so we are all going to need some solid online friends to be able to play this to the full potential
~~~~~

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Getting Destiny on Xbox One. Try Warfare. It's free and a ton of fun. Also, any of you snag Diablo 3 for Xbox One yet?

My Gamertag is IAmSupremeAZ
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

TOO

Post by TOO »

DrSublime wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I shall see you then sir. Maybe earlier as I got the digital guardian edition.

from what I've heard this game is going to be impossible to play solo, so we are all going to need some solid online friends to be able to play this to the full potential
already have you added buddy, just usually on my ps3.

TOO

Post by TOO »

AmareIsGod wrote:Getting Destiny on Xbox One. Try Warfare. It's free and a ton of fun. Also, any of you snag Diablo 3 for Xbox One yet?

I tried warframe but just couldn't get past how wonky the camera felt

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
DrSublime wrote:

already have you added buddy, just usually on my ps3.
aaah gotcha
~~~~~

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

AmareIsGod wrote:Getting Destiny on Xbox One. Try Warfare. It's free and a ton of fun. Also, any of you snag Diablo 3 for Xbox One yet?

warframe is okay, but its sorta pay to win, which sucks
~~~~~

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/17/ ... on-content

not to pour salt into the xbox wound.. but..
~~~~~

TOO

Post by TOO »

DrSublime wrote:

warframe is okay, but its sorta pay to win, which sucks
If you have a ton of free time, you dont need to pay for anything.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't play fps games on consoles; hate the joystick controls. So I won't be getting Destiny. But I have some friends who work at Bungee and they are really pumped about it. Should be a big hit.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Zoe Quinn GamerGate thing is really a shame. Quinn might have done some inappropriate things to raise publicity for her game. But she doesn't deserve to be threatened and harassed online because of it. Really frightening what people are willing to say and do online behind a veil of anonymity.

carey

Post by carey »

Mori Chu wrote:I don't play fps games on consoles; hate the joystick controls. So I won't be getting Destiny. But I have some friends who work at Bungee and they are really pumped about it. Should be a big hit.
Same. I'll wait for the crappy PC port to check it out.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'm the opposite, I loathe keyboard and mouse gaming, just doesnt feel immersive at all. As for Destiny, i think its gonna be a massive hit, I do wonder about its longevity though, there isnt a lot of loot variation for those who reach max level in story mode. If you dont like ccompetitive MP, I could see this game dying off quicker than anticipated.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Well, anything but another Battlefield / CoD game where you are an army guy blasting WW2 Nazis or Gulf War Arabs or something like that. I've seriously seen enough of those franchises to last 10 lifetimes.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

having played both the Alpha and the Beta versions of Destiny, I would not hesitate to say this is going to be the new standard for the 'next gen shooter'. Its going to be epic.

That said I did just cancel my pre-order w/ Amazon for the game.... and I bought the "Destiny Digital Guardian Edition (Pre-Order)" edition through Sony, so I have it pre-loaded and ready to go the moment it unlocks at midnight pst on 9/9.

It's going to be something like Halo meets World of Warcraft meets Borderlands.
~~~~~

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Destiny. Thoughts? I'm a level 11 Hunter.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:Destiny. Thoughts? I'm a level 11 Hunter.
What do you think?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

AmareIsGod wrote:Destiny. Thoughts? I'm a level 11 Hunter.
Im hooked, its amazing, have 3 build so far, one of each type, highest is level 9 Warlock, other two are both level 3
~~~~~

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews for Destiny. I don't know what to make of it. I know some guys who work at Bungee and they're super pumped that it is finally coming out. I hope the game does well but I won't buy it because I refuse to play FPS games with a joystick.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Side note: I bought this little $99 console called the Ouya last week, and I -LOOOOOOVE- it. It isn't as powerful or impressive as an Xbox or PS4, but it has a lot of little retro / indie games that are either free or cost only a few bucks. I am overjoyed to play all these simple little cute games with pixely graphics or indie games that are creative and different from anything on the big consoles. Also, the thing makes a great emulator machine and can play videos on your TV through Twitch.tv, Youtube, XBMC, and other apps. I really like it and think it is certainly worth my $99 purchase so far.