I am leaving the site

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Phoenix219

I am leaving the site

Post by Phoenix219 »

I regret to inform you all that I can no longer be a part of this place.

I wish you all nothing but the best.

I have done everything I can for this site. I have never abused my powers as a mod. I have never been rude to another poster. I have been 100% honest and transparent in every way.

I have now been stripped as a mod, for being "untrustworthy."

I was asked by Swing for some private info, which I absolutely have not given (or even read myself), and explained that i felt strongly about privacy issues, but because I did not say "no", but instead said "later" to put it off and avoid it, in an attempt to not disappoint my friend further, I am pretty much being called a liar and unworthy of being a mod. I logged on today to find a reprimand, and I have been stripped of being a mod.

The unfairness of this stands in stark contrast to the other double standards on this site.

I refuse to be a part of it.

Basically a private request was sent in an email chain by mistake.

Mori politely asked me about it, and I didn't hesitate with my response:

"haven't done it, I was just being nice and have been "putting it off until later." I haven't even read any of those messages, and there was a reason for that; Staying out of an argument with all of the other mods. He's asked me a couple more times on facebook, and the last one, I just ignored. It was definitely not sent around on purpose, and I have no idea how that happened, but no I have not. I already told him I had an issue with the privacy aspect of that. Having not even read those messages myself, I can't even *answer* the question of who should he look out for. My entire stance in this debate has been basically against hypocrisy and double standards and the way a mod should act; I'm not planning on becoming one any time soon. I appreciate your concern on the issue, but you have nothing to worry about."

Apparently because I had tact in avoiding the situation instead of a flat out "NO" it makes me a security risk that no one is comfortable discussing site matters around (not that my single vote ever mattered in site matters anyways) and I completely feel like I am being removed for non-conformity and for standing against the group and removing myself from the conversations to begin with. It was apparently discussed by all the other mods and agreed upon

It all feels like a slap in the face, and this is all way too upsetting, and I just can't be a part of this anymore. I've given it my all, I've been respectful, stuck to my principles, put the site first, while supporting my friends, and I'm the one that gets punished.

Best wishes to you all, and Good Luck to the Suns this season. Thanks for everything.

Xylus

Re: I am leaving the site

Post by Xylus »

Sad to hear, man. I don't have a horse in this race, but I do know that I'd love nothing more than for everyone to stay and contribute. Though this site isn't exactly new, it's in the latter stages of reconstruction. There's always growing pains with the formation of the staff, and when things start getting dicey and mods get involved in high-pressure situations, there's always some kind of fallout. I wish your departure wasn't the fallout, but I know you want to do what's best for you.

Maybe I'll see you around on SpursTalk from time to time.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Private info was requested by another member? That's kind of scary. Thankfully you didn't oblige.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

P219,

I would invite you to stay here and keep providing as always, an example of civility, tolerance and understanding, you do not need those "mod" powers to be respected. Don't make it easy on those who cleverly poke the bear with aparently casual but carefully measured comments (like the previous above this) and then scream victims.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:P219,

I would invite you to stay here and keep providing as always, an example of civility, tolerance and understanding, you do not need those "mod" powers to be respected. Don't make it easy on those who cleverly poke the bear with aparently casual but carefully measured comments (like the previous above this) and then scream victims.
Excuse me Aztec? As someone that works in an industry (in the technical capacity, nonetheless, as both a developer and consultant) that contains personal user information, amongst other things, I take personal information and privacy seriously. Members deserve to know if there was a potential breach of personal information that could have taken place but was prevented, thankfully, by Phoenix219 not obliging.

Because I had an issue with someone before and have moved on from it doesn't remove me from the fact that nobody should be okay with another member requesting information that is deemed "private" or personal. This isn't about taking sides or holding vendettas.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

SDC

Post by SDC »

what kind of private info are we talking about here? passwords?

EDC

Post by EDC »

So let me get this straight. Swing who has been banned or whatever actually asked you for personal information on another member?

In response you explained that it would be a breach of privacy which you feel strongly about but then instead of finishing that off with no. You instead said later?

I didn't care about the original argument and thought people threatening to leave was kinda silly. I thought Mori should have told everyone to shutup and ignore each other. :) Either way the fact that it has gotten to the point of asking for private information kinda shows that the ban probably wasn't a bad idea.

The idea that you said "later" to a request for information scares me as well. Thankfully they removed the need for you to be unkind to your friend by removing your ability to get to that information. Personally I would rather none of the mods besides Mori have access to that but whatever.

This place is suppose to be about discussing basketball. Sometimes things get heated and names are called (sorry about the douche comment intition.. was having a bad night :) ). They should never continue on for days. People need to calm down and learn when to walk away.

Either way there is no need for mod powers or anything else to be able to participate in that discussion. Why would you even want the hassle of having to deal with spam posts or whatever mods do?

tldr: Stop bitching at each other and holding grudges and instead just talk basketball.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Phoenix219 wrote:I regret to inform you all that I can no longer be a part of this place.

I wish you all nothing but the best.

I have done everything I can for this site. I have never abused my powers as a mod. I have never been rude to another poster. I have been 100% honest and transparent in every way.

I have now been stripped as a mod, for being "untrustworthy."

I was asked by Swing for some private info, which I absolutely have not given (or even read myself), and explained that i felt strongly about privacy issues, but because I did not say "no", but instead said "later" to put it off and avoid it, in an attempt to not disappoint my friend further, I am pretty much being called a liar and unworthy of being a mod. I logged on today to find a reprimand, and I have been stripped of being a mod.
you should have said NO. you only have yourself to blame.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Nothing like that, which has been clarified to AIG. No mod has access to private info, emails, or anything like that.

Just "who's mad at me" "who had my back" kind of stuff. Specific messages weren't asked for. I never even read the messages so I couldn't have answered even if I wanted to. Theres a reason I didn't read them or engage in the arguments *to begin with* which I made very clear in my response to Mori.

Either I'm being called a liar and a hypocrite and my word is worth nothing, or I am being removed for not towing the company line here. Either way it totally has changed the vibe of this place for me. The whole thing is very upsetting and disgusting to me, and I have more important things to worry about.
Last edited by Phoenix219 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

So a diplomatic answer in a private message when I did *nothing* to violate *ANY* privacy and was deflecting it to a later point in time makes this well deserved??

And no one can see the double standards being employed here??

I've been saying "shut up and be done" since it was happening in REAL TIME.

Sounds like everyone is agreeing that I'm untrustworthy, hypocritical and a liar.

Thanks for making this decision really easy for me guys.

SDC

Post by SDC »

how did mori know about the swing request? did swing request the info publicly, or via private message?

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I must have clicked the wrong button while putting the issue off until later, and sent it to the mod email chain by mistake. A typo on my part made the request public.

I have nothing to hide.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

Phoenix219 wrote:I must have clicked the wrong button while putting the issue off until later, and sent it to the mod email chain by mistake. A typo on my part made the request public.

I have nothing to hide.
this is on you then man, seriously your mess up, not Mori's and the rest of the mods,

and coming from a purely IT Security standpoint, you should have just said No, thats sorta the whole point of being a mod

seriously though, whats w/ all the drama, don't leave the site over hurt feelins ... whats that age old saying

sticks and stones... sticks and stones.
~~~~~

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I missed the big flare up last week and have stayed out of it since. I would say, though, it's a real shame we can't collectively find a reset button and go back to before it happened.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

So how I handle my *wording* in a private message now makes it my fault? I didn't do it and I immediately explained my issues with the breaking of the privacy, and NEVER READ THE MESSAGES MYSELF. I did not even participate in the conversation. I know thats the whole point of being a mod, which has been my whole point for DAYS now, and is the absolute reason why i DID NOT DO IT... and i'm still being reprimanded?

So sorry, no ones ever hit the wrong button before?

This is a lot more then hurt feelings; This is days worth of standing up for my principles and fighting against double standards. I'm DONE. I explained myself but my word wasn't good enough; I'm still untrustworthy, and a security risk, and am basically being called a liar.

Could have just taken me out of the stupid email chain that I never participated in to begin with. I don't need to talk to other mods. I don't need to see private debates. I'm not stupid and I know my opinions will never be agreed with. I stayed out of the discussion to *avoid* drama. I express myself directly to mori because thats the only person who's opinion mattered.

Whatever. This has been an extremely eye opening experience.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Phoenix219 wrote:So how I handle my *wording* in a private message now makes it my fault? I didn't do it and I immediately explained my issues with the breaking of the privacy, and NEVER READ THE MESSAGES MYSELF. I did not even participate in the conversation. I know thats the whole point of being a mod, which has been my whole point for DAYS now, and is the absolute reason why i DID NOT DO IT... and i'm still being reprimanded?

This is a lot more then hurt feelings; This is days worth of standing up for my principles and fighting against double standards. I'm DONE. I explained myself but my word wasn't good enough; I'm still untrustworthy, and a security risk, and am basically being called a liar.

Could have just taken me out of the stupid email chain that I never participated in to begin with. I don't need to talk to other mods. I don't need to see private debates. I'm not stupid and I know my opinions will never be agreed with. I stayed out of the discussion to *avoid* drama. I express myself directly to mori because thats the only person who's opinion mattered.

It really sounds like you shouldn't have been made a moderator in the first place.

I'm not saying that to insult you, I just mean that it sounds like you don't want any of the normal responsibilities assigned to moderators. You don't want to be involved in high-level discussions, you don't want drama. Those are like... 2 of the top 3 things that a moderator has to do.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Yawn, later. :roll:
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Xylus wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:So how I handle my *wording* in a private message now makes it my fault? I didn't do it and I immediately explained my issues with the breaking of the privacy, and NEVER READ THE MESSAGES MYSELF. I did not even participate in the conversation. I know thats the whole point of being a mod, which has been my whole point for DAYS now, and is the absolute reason why i DID NOT DO IT... and i'm still being reprimanded?

It really sounds like you shouldn't have been made a moderator in the first place.

I'm not saying that to insult you, I just mean that it sounds like you don't want any of the normal responsibilities assigned to moderators. You don't want to be involved in high-level discussions, you don't want drama. Those are like... 2 of the top 3 things that a moderator has to do.
I go straight to mori with my input. I don't avoid those issues. I give my input to the person that makes the decision. This has always been acceptable to Mori.

I'm up later then anyone else because of my job. Its allowed me to delete spam, ban spam bots, rearrange threads, merge stuff, etc, general site upkeep during a lot of off hours. I have never shirked my responsibilities nor overstepped my bounds. I give my opinion on drama; I'm not here to *start* NEW drama by bickering with the other mods that do not ever agree with my points of view. I give my input and move on. I am usually the dissenting voice of opposing thoughts. Why waste the energy arguing when i can just give my report and move on with my real life responsibilities?

I've held up more than my share. I have also bitten my tongue and refrained from talking shit or cursing out anyone, even if I felt like it, which is more then I can say for all.

In fact, I'm doing it right now. ;p

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Phoenix219 wrote:I must have clicked the wrong button while putting the issue off until later, and sent it to the mod email chain by mistake. A typo on my part made the request public.

I have nothing to hide.
Then should I post what you accidentally sent to all mods here for public consumption? I'm sorry, P219, but it doesn't jive with what you're saying in this thread. I'll leave it up to you.
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

This getting beyond ridiculous. I wish the suns would just make a move already, even if it was fucking horrible, just so we have something to talk about other than this shit.