I am leaving the site

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Xylus

Re: I am leaving the site

Post by Xylus »

Wally_West wrote:This getting beyond ridiculous. I wish the suns would just make a move already, even if it was fucking horrible, just so we have something to talk about other than this shit.
This is Bledsoe's fault.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Xylus wrote:
Wally_West wrote:This getting beyond ridiculous. I wish the suns would just make a move already, even if it was fucking horrible, just so we have something to talk about other than this shit.
This is Bledsoe's fault.
Yep and we add Ryan McDonough to that list too! #McDout :)

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

This is annoying. Enough with the attention seeking, too much drama on this site lately and people crying and threatening to leave. Cluttering up the site and taking away from ball talk.

TOO

Post by TOO »

specialsauce wrote:This is annoying. Enough with the attention seeking, too much drama on this site lately and people crying and threatening to leave. Cluttering up the site and taking away from ball talk.
*High 5*
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:P219,

I would invite you to stay here and keep providing as always, an example of civility, tolerance and understanding, you do not need those "mod" powers to be respected. Don't make it easy on those who cleverly poke the bear with aparently casual but carefully measured comments (like the previous above this) and then scream victims.
Excuse me Aztec? As someone that works in an industry (in the technical capacity, nonetheless, as both a developer and consultant) that contains personal user information, amongst other things, I take personal information and privacy seriously. Members deserve to know if there was a potential breach of personal information that could have taken place but was prevented, thankfully, by Phoenix219 not obliging.

Because I had an issue with someone before and have moved on from it doesn't remove me from the fact that nobody should be okay with another member requesting information that is deemed "private" or personal. This isn't about taking sides or holding vendettas.
I have access to very delicate personal information, on nonetheless that the ENTIRE population in Mexico over the age of 18, so I'm as well as you fully aware of the risk involved in such kind of requests, and also hold in the highest regard that such kind of data must be managed really seriously, ok?

But why is P219 being torched over this issue is beyond me, first of all, given that he didn't oblige the request, second, given this is not the Pentagon, this can be taken as unfortunate confusion, just as well as other recent mod's actions has been judged, lighting the burden of guilt, under the benefit of doubt. P219 already has clarified that the request was around the gossip, and not about personal info of members, passwords, or the banking accounts on PhxSuns.net Financial Services. And I agree that members deserve to know about security breaches, but I would add the right to know about the "hearings and prosecution" of this stupid issue between Carey, Swingman, P219 and myself, on wich only two of them had access to it, and one of them declined to do so. Why is so big to keep it under secrecy? What it is to hide?

This issue should have never reached this size, and I'm ashamed on my piece of participation in it. I would have stop writing since the beginning if I would have suspected that this would grow beyond the usual spat over a nonsense issue and into a witch hunt. Then it becames a matter of principles, and now there is not a barely good way out of it.

As for your post, I called out the aparent "innocent" nature of it, while looking for an escalation in the gravity of the matter, and precisely because of your previous involvement on the root of this problem, I read it under a "oh, the horror" kind of tone.

But now I'm thinking that I could be as well exagerating, since I'm still afected for how bad this thing is playing out, and therefore putting a tone on YOUR words, that only belongs to you and your conscience. I stand corrected by your declaration and would stop looking for ulterior motives on yours or anyone else writing. This is kind of a local bar, not the Parlament or so. We can take our business somewhere else if not feeling welcome, or as a wise man told me, take a table on a corner avoiding unwanted fellows. Everyone have that choice, and I pledge to avoid any future drama on this regard. I will stay absent during Swingman's banning, and hopefully, will return to talk Suns' hoops and nothing else.
Last edited by Aztec Sunsfan on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

wow, swing owes you big time, phx 219.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I'm staying out of this conversation and topic too going forward and stick to basketball. This has become ridiculous and I'm much to blame about a lot of it. I should just keep my mouth shut.

Maybe I need to change this damn cursed Bledsoe avatar! :P
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Being a mod is not the be-all-end-all; P219, I wish losing that responsibility wasn't such an issue for you.

The situation, as I see it, is pretty straight forward: the PM that was accidentally sent to the mods aroused suspicion and it shook Mori's confidence in your ability to be trusted with this responsibility. So if Mori is no longer comfortable with you serving in this capacity, then so be it.

From my point of view, he's simply erring on the side of caution. No one is calling you a horrible person and no is asking you to leave. From your point of you, I understand that being considered untrustworthy is troubling, if not offensive. But I would like you to keep in mind that this is an issue solely pertaining to a trivial duty on an ultimately trivial message board; it's not an issue that defines who you are or what sort of person you are. All of this simply pertains to the responsibility of message board moderator; nothing more, nothing less. Being a mod does not define you, nor should it determine whether you can enjoy the site.

Mori didn't publicly condemn you. He didn't ban you. And he didn't make public his concerns about you. I take all of that as evidence that decision was reached without malice, vindictiveness, or disrespect.

Like carey, AIG, even Swing, I don't desire for you to leave this site and I encourage you to stay. At the same time, do what you have to do. If you truly don't want post here anymore or talk Suns basketball here, then so be it. But I think it would be regrettable if you left permanently just because you're not a mod or have hurt feelings. If you need some time to cool off, or if you just need to take a break from all this drama, that would be perfectly understandable. But there is a place for you here.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Phoenix219 wrote:Nothing like that, which has been clarified to AIG. No mod has access to private info, emails, or anything like that.

Just "who's mad at me" "who had my back" kind of stuff. Specific messages weren't asked for. I never even read the messages so I couldn't have answered even if I wanted to. Theres a reason I didn't read them or engage in the arguments *to begin with* which I made very clear in my response to Mori.

Either I'm being called a liar and a hypocrite and my word is worth nothing, or I am being removed for not towing the company line here. Either way it totally has changed the vibe of this place for me. The whole thing is very upsetting and disgusting to me, and I have more important things to worry about.
I'm glad that the personal information isn't available to mods and that the request wasn't for anything besides gossip. The way it was first worded made it sound bad for both you and swing. I've never had a problem with either you or swing but that made me hesitate. I'm glad it wasn't the case.

You have to remember that most of us wouldn't have even have known something had happened without your post. We aren't out to get anyone it was just that when you brought it to everyone's attention the privacy talk made it sound worse than it actually was.

I personally hope you stick around and that Swing eventually is able to post again. The more basketball opinions we have the better the site will be.

As for feeling like the one dissenting opinion on something Suns related just remember that just because people disagree it doesn't mean they don't value your input.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

The challenge with text is always perception and a lack of intonation and facial expression. Thus leading to only the words as they are typed for judgement to be made.
Sadly, in written text the word 'later' is not 'I don't want to deal with this right now' is is just 'later'.

Understanding that this word 'could' be perceived as a potential threat to security is the challenge.
You disagree and have explained yourself, that's great, however once 'possibility' of a security breach reared its' head Mori did what most of us would have done and erred on the side of caution.

Sorry this upsets you. As Inf says it not a judgement on you as a person, non of us knows you well enough for that, and to stay around and post like one of us 'non mods' might make your life here a calmer one as your not having to deal with the rubbish.

I like lots of others have stayed out of all the crap as I'm here for basketball and not drama, I don't even watch soap operas as they do my head in and prefer real life. Come and join us in the calm seats for a while and endure this off season without the drama;-)
There is really no better place to go and talk suns is there:-)

ES
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Wise words, ES.

In an effort to keep this part of the board strictly about basketball, I've moved this topic to the general section.

Carpe diem.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm not going to write a long post in this thread because frankly I'm weary of drama and people saying they want to leave the site.

Here's all I will say about this issue. An incident happened that caused me to feel that it was necessary to remove P219's mod privileges. I consider it a private matter between myself, P219, and the other mods. P219 has chosen to post about it here, and I do not 100% agree with his account of the situation, but I choose not to dive into it point-by-point because it is a private matter.

We have some great mods helping us here; I truly appreciate what they do every day to help take care of this great community of ours. But nobody needs to be a mod in order to use and enjoy this site. If P219 is upset about losing his mod powers and wants to leave the site, I will be very sad to see him go, but ultimately that is his decision.

I agree with Charlie's decision to move this thread to the General folder. It is not basketball-related.