I'm out

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
SwingMan

I'm out

Post by SwingMan »

Say whatever you'd like, Mori knows the truth - I'm posting here in the General section for now-obvious reasons.

This whole process has left me ill & it stinks to high heaven - Phoenix219 gets raked over the coals while instigators like carey skate free. Not right at all.

For the record, all I asked 219 was what the consensus was amongst the mods concerning my banning - it came about during ordinary PM conversation this past Saturday. No requests to see PMs or anything of the sort were made. It was pure curiosity (along with a concern that the instigator in carey was involved in the decision process). 219 told me he didn't know because he neither participated in the discussion nor read the messages. Regardless, it was a matter of curiosity and nothing else.

But, that hasn't stopped a starkly political "circling of the wagons" here and the whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth - censorship in any form is bad news all around.

I'll hang around a bit to answer questions & such that any of you may have, but, for all intents and purposes afterwards, I'm leaving the board - on my own accord.

Xylus

Re: I'm out

Post by Xylus »

Go take a breather.

You're getting too worked up over everything. A few weeks off might do you some good.

TOO

Post by TOO »

You too? Later. :roll:
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Xylus wrote:Go take a breather.

You're getting too worked up over everything. A few weeks off might do you some good.
Nah, I've thought it over most of the weekend - probably best for all parties anyways.

I appreciate the suggestion, though. If I'm asked back as, say, sort of a "reset" measure or some such, I'll definitely consider it - but otherwise, I'll be leaving.

Cap

Post by Cap »

I have made it a point to mostly avoid participating in all the drama, though I did say a few words on your behalf after the banning, Swing. I just want to add that we've been friends for a long, long time, I like having you around here, and I really hope you will reconsider your decision in the near future.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Cap wrote:I have made it a point to mostly avoid participating in all the drama, though I did say a few words on your behalf after the banning, Swing. I just want to add that we've been friends for a long, long time, I like having you around here, and I really hope you will reconsider your decision in the near future.
I appreciate that and, like I said, I'd definitely consider coming back in a sort of "reset" situation, but with the mindset of the site as it stands, I think leaving would be best at this point. Besides, I've got a bunch of stuff going on with family right now and I just don't have the energy to worry about this crap.

Cap

Post by Cap »

SwingMan wrote:I've got a bunch of stuff going on with family right now and I just don't have the energy to worry about this crap.
There isn't a whole lot going on right now, Suns-wise. This is a perfect time to take a break from the site and deal with those matters, then come back to talk hoops when things pick up.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SwingMan wrote:Besides, I've got a bunch of stuff going on with family right now and I just don't have the energy to worry about this crap.
Hang in there, Swing. We genuinely care about you here. You've been party of the "family" from the beginning.
"Be Legendary."

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Cap wrote:
SwingMan wrote:I've got a bunch of stuff going on with family right now and I just don't have the energy to worry about this crap.
There isn't a whole lot going on right now, Suns-wise. This is a perfect time to take a break from the site and deal with those matters, then come back to talk hoops when things pick up.
How's about a good old fashioned "we'll see" - fair enough? ;)

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Superbone wrote:
SwingMan wrote:Besides, I've got a bunch of stuff going on with family right now and I just don't have the energy to worry about this crap.
Hang in there, Swing. We genuinely care about you here. You've been party of the "family" from the beginning.
See my reply to Cap.....

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:Hang in there, Swing. We genuinely care about you here. You've been party of the "family" from the beginning.
+1. We life-long Suns fans are family.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Mori Chu wrote:
Superbone wrote:Hang in there, Swing. We genuinely care about you here. You've been party of the "family" from the beginning.
+1. We life-long Suns fans are family.
Tell me something then, Mori - will carey ever be given the same scrutiny as 219 & myself? Will he *ever* be held accountable for his role as an instigator in all this?

BTW, his absence seems rather conspicuous - almost like he's staying away because he knows he won't have to face the music and explain himself.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Swing, I have spoken at length with carey about this issue. Not every action I take as site owner/admin is posted here publicly. I take all sides of the issue seriously.

carey is away from the site for a bit for his own reasons; I won't speak for him.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Mori Chu wrote:Swing, I have spoken at length with carey about this issue. Not every action I take as site owner/admin is posted here publicly. I take all sides of the issue seriously.

carey is away from the site for a bit for his own reasons; I won't speak for him.
.....yet you had no issue publicly announcing my banning.

Sorry, Mori - it doesn't add up to me.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Truth be told, the way it went down, it's almost like a "fall guy" of sorts was needed - and I'm still concerned whether carey himself had a voice in the decision.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SwingMan wrote:.....yet you had no issue publicly announcing my banning.

I wrote a longer reply but I just erased it. I don't want to discuss this any more. I have a full time job and this is petty grade-school drama that I don't want to spend this much time on. The decision is made and it's final. I don't have anything else to say about it.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Mori Chu wrote:
SwingMan wrote:.....yet you had no issue publicly announcing my banning.

I wrote a longer reply but I just erased it. I don't want to discuss this any more. I have a full time job and this is petty grade-school drama that I don't want to spend this much time on. The decision is made and it's final. I don't have anything else to say about it.
Ok - you can't explain your position, so you'd rather just sweep it away. Got it.

Makes my decision all the easier - thanks for nothing, Mori.

Cap

Post by Cap »

I'd rather everybody just sweep it away.

Reset.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Cap wrote:I'd rather everybody just sweep it away.

Reset.
Mori can't do that, cap. You saw it - "The decision is made and it's final.". So, fuck it.

TOO

Post by TOO »

This shit is so lame.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.