Obligatory Walking Dead Thread

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
specialsauce

Re: Obligatory Walking Dead Thread

Post by specialsauce »

They ended on an annoying cliffhanger that took all of the excitement out of what should have been one of the best, most emotional scenes in the entire series. By the time the season premier rolls around, the luster of the scene will have been completely lost.

That said, whoever this critic is that says he's done with the show after this episode is reacting like a 15 year old girl.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah, like I said, I am fine with them delaying the emotional part for the start of a season. I would actually prefer that. I am excited to see the next chapter, and that next chapter starts with the death of a loved one. This current chapter ended with the introduction of Negan.

carey

Post by carey »

specialsauce wrote:They ended on an annoying cliffhanger that took all of the excitement out of what should have been one of the best, most emotional scenes in the entire series. By the time the season premier rolls around, the luster of the scene will have been completely lost.

That said, whoever this critic is that says he's done with the show after this episode is reacting like a 15 year old girl.
I believe it was the final straw of a long alienation. He is one of the most respected critics in the business & without reading his work I don't know how you can make a comment like that.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

carey wrote:
specialsauce wrote:They ended on an annoying cliffhanger that took all of the excitement out of what should have been one of the best, most emotional scenes in the entire series. By the time the season premier rolls around, the luster of the scene will have been completely lost.

I believe it was the final straw of a long alienation. He is one of the most respected critics in the business & without reading his work I don't know how you can make a comment like that.
When it's the number one watched show on television, they're doing something right. If a critic is swearing a show off and the whole country is watching it, clearly he's in the minority.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:Yeah, like I said, I am fine with them delaying the emotional part for the start of a season. I would actually prefer that. I am excited to see the next chapter, and that next chapter starts with the death of a loved one. This current chapter ended with the introduction of Negan.
Spoiler: show/hide

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:Yeah, like I said, I am fine with them delaying the emotional part for the start of a season. I would actually prefer that. I am excited to see the next chapter, and that next chapter starts with the death of a loved one. This current chapter ended with the introduction of Negan.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Right Sup. Well, we know it is not him or Rick.

carey

Post by carey »

specialsauce wrote: When it's the number one watched show on television, they're doing something right. If a critic is swearing a show off and the whole country is watching it, clearly he's in the minority.
Judging by social media last night, he is not the only one. I'm not certain why people watch TWD. It's ... not good. I'm pretty sure it's just because "zombies." I also think people watch it because other people watch it? If that makes sense. They want to be part of the zeitgeist but don't actually take enjoyment from watching the shitty show.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
specialsauce wrote: When it's the number one watched show on television, they're doing something right. If a critic is swearing a show off and the whole country is watching it, clearly he's in the minority.
Judging by social media last night, he is not the only one. I'm not certain why people watch TWD. It's ... not good. I'm pretty sure it's just because "zombies." I also think people watch it because other people watch it? If that makes sense. They want to be part of the zeitgeist but don't actually take enjoyment from watching the shitty show.
I disagree. I watch it in spite of zombies. I want to watch the arc of these characters as they go through push and pull of society vs no society. If there was a less crazy thing than zombies to force that construct, I would be much more into it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:Right Sup. Well, we know it is not him or Rick.
I don't see why it's not Rick. In fact, if I were Negan, it most definitely would be Rick. You kill the head of the snake.

(Yeah, I know. It would be unusual to kill the main character. Just sayin'.)
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

You need them to produce, and produce well. So they need a leader. And you never will have more control over them than if their fearless leader is afraid of you. Don't make him a martyr.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm not sure where you get your intel, Carey. It's a well made show that I look forward to watching each week and seeing where the characters go from here. It's not about the zombies. They are just a unifying element.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yes, Bone, it can't be him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:Yes, Bone, it can't be him.
Thanks, Indy for confirming.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Can we call agree that spoiler tags should only be used for things beyond where the current airings/releases are? It seems silly for us to keep using spoiler tags to talk about things that have already happened, or guessing what may happen next. Comic stuff that hasn't happened in the show should have them, and leaked pictures/info from the set too. And maybe we should change the title to be clear it is from the show, not the comic.

That said: Comic spoiler ahead
All of that leads me to believe it is Abraham that buys it. Even though an hour ago I said Glenn. And before that I said Michonne.

If I had to pick which of them would be best for the story, I am torn between Glenn and Michonne. We have already had the break of the protector/weakling bond between Abraham and Eugene, and Abraham move on from Rosita, so I am not sure what his death buys the story.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

But that might be why he's the one. He's probably the easiest to write out of the story. If I had to pick for myself, it would be Abe or Sasha. This show hasn't had a pattern like GoT for killing off the most popular characters.

ETA: My choice above was for myself. Not for the betterment of the story. Just wanted to make that clear.
"Be Legendary."