Obligatory Walking Dead Thread

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Dan H

Obligatory Walking Dead Thread

Post by Dan H »

Gotta admit, I've become quite the zombie nut . . . even if Rick and the gang do some of the DUMBEST things you can do given the 'rules' of the world they're living in. Anyone else stoked for the thing that starts in October other than basketball?

SDC

Re: Obligatory Walking Dead Thread

Post by SDC »

are you also a fan of the Strain? the next season of walking dead is a long ways away.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

[youtube]j4GAs9TJVjM[/youtube]

:shock: :shock:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Dan H wrote:Gotta admit, I've become quite the zombie nut . . . even if Rick and the gang do some of the DUMBEST things you can do given the 'rules' of the world they're living in. Anyone else stoked for the thing that starts in October other than basketball?
Yes! Can't wait.
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I'm a big fan of both the show and the comics but I am behind about 30 issues though. Can't wait to see who dies next season because the show has been having an influx of new characters recently.

Cap

Post by Cap »

[youtube]jR4lLJu_-wE[/youtube]

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

SDC wrote:are you also a fan of the Strain? the next season of walking dead is a long ways away.
I read all of the books and was severely disappointed with the conclusion, but I'm DVR'ing it to watch later. I've got so much TV to watch it isn't funny . . . I think I still have episodes of House and Chuck on there, LOL.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Just add Netflix to all that, Dan, and you'll be just fine! :lol:

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Yeah, we have Netflix AND Prime. My wife watches Orange is the New Black and I'm getting caught up on Justified on Prime.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I couldn't watch that first video. I don't want to see spoilers.
"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

i noticed that norman reedus wasnt on the trailer a lot. next to be killed off?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I love Walking Dead but I fell behind on it after the Governor plot line ended. I need to catch up.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Fun fact: my grandpa gave me the same type of rifle Carol used to launch her bottle rocket.
Spoiler: show/hide

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows. The opening of this season was great and got rave reviews.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I guess they did stick to the comic..
Spoiler: show/hide

I am still a disappointed though with how they are portraying Tyreese so far. He was such badass and huge character in the comic. I think he has been way under used so far.

Indy

Post by Indy »

He was a big character in the comic, but he didn't last long.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I didn't read any of the comic books, but my take from just watching is that Tyreese is a badass turned softy. He is still capable of badassness if pushed. Like everybody else that has gone through what they have gone through, he is messed up in the head in some way.

One thing that bothers me. You die, you automatically become a zombie. You get bit by a zombie and somehow their juice mixes with yours, then you automatically start dying and turn into a zombie. If you haven't been bit, but rub zombie guts/blood/whatever all over your body, zombies think you are a zombie, leave you alone, but none of their juices ever have any effect on you or infect you in any way.

Hmm...

SDC

Post by SDC »

if you die from natural causes, you automatically become a zombie in the walking dead world.

Indy

Post by Indy »

SDC wrote:if you die from natural causes, you automatically become a zombie in the walking dead world.
i think he just said that.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Nodack wrote:I didn't read any of the comic books, but my take from just watching is that Tyreese is a badass turned softy. He is still capable of badassness if pushed. Like everybody else that has gone through what they have gone through, he is messed up in the head in some way.

One thing that bothers me. You die, you automatically become a zombie. You get bit by a zombie and somehow their juice mixes with yours, then you automatically start dying and turn into a zombie. If you haven't been bit, but rub zombie guts/blood/whatever all over your body, zombies think you are a zombie, leave you alone, but none of their juices ever have any effect on you or infect you in any way.

Hmm...
I don't think it's a result of anything in particular other than death by sepsis. Everyone is already infected, it's just a matter of when you die. The human mouth is packed full of germs at the best of times, who knows how nasty it'd be on a zombie.