Obligatory Walking Dead Thread

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Indy

Re: Obligatory Walking Dead Thread

Post by Indy »

I would agree that it would be easiest (and to the least for the journey of the characters) to write out Abraham. I think it would be a cop out.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Also, I'm taking Maggie out of consideration right now. No way they're killing a pregnant woman! I'm not saying Negan is above it but I don't think the show runners would allow it.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:I would agree that it would be easiest (and to the least for the journey of the characters) to write out Abraham. I think it would be a cop out.
Probably so but it wouldn't be the first time. Glenn and a dumpster come to mind.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:I would agree that it would be easiest (and to the least for the journey of the characters) to write out Abraham. I think it would be a cop out.
Probably so but it wouldn't be the first time. Glenn and a dumpster come to mind.
That is a good argument for killing Glenn. They pretended he was dead once, for weeks, then did it again for a quick scene when Maggie was stuck on the tower/overlook platform.

Indy

Post by Indy »

And I guess I should have added Daryl to the list. But I don't think that does much for the story either.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The clues point to Eugene the most IMO. He said goodbye to two people as if he was expecting to die. He handed his bullet plans to Rick. Deanna gave her plans away before being killed. That almost tells me that they wouldn't want to be that obvious on a cliff hanging season finale.

Went to an odds site and found out accidentally who died in the comic book. Didn't click on your spoiler Indy.

E! Online Odds
Spoiler: show/hide

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I don't want to know who died in the comic book so I didn't click on it.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack, I am really confused by those odds. Based on those 5 characters, there is a 295% chance someone dies...

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Who cares if Eugene dies? The cast has swelled to like 45 people and I don't feel invested in anybody other than the originals (and even some of them I can't stand). Eugene, Red-beardo, red-beardo's old girlfriend, red-beardo's new girlfriend, Alexandria dude, "JSS" girl. The old Walking Dead wouldn't have hesitated in offing any of these characters. Now it's a season finale cliff-hanger.

Side note - If it is one of the originals who got killed, you just know that the season premier is going to waste almost the entire episode focusing on a flashback or side story before revealing who it was in the last 5 minutes.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Who cares if Eugene dies? The cast has swelled to like 45 people
I do! Moreso than several of the original members. And it is more like 20. And it is on par with the comics there.

Side note - If it is one of the originals who got killed, you just know that the season premier is going to waste almost the entire episode focusing on a flashback or side story before revealing who it was in the last 5 minutes.
I think it has to be an original for it to matter. And if it is, they won't waste an episode with flashbacks just to reveal in the end. If they do, they are violating what they said they were setting out to do, which is start a new chapter.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Indy wrote:Nodack, I am really confused by those odds. Based on those 5 characters, there is a 295% chance someone dies...
I am too. I didn't write the article though. They left out several people that could be the one too in the article and even named Morgan and Carol who could die too but, aren't even with that group and seem to be safe.

Maybe there is a Vegas odds place other than some Entertainment site to get better odds.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:Who cares if Eugene dies? The cast has swelled to like 45 people and I don't feel invested in anybody other than the originals (and even some of them I can't stand). Eugene, Red-beardo, red-beardo's old girlfriend, red-beardo's new girlfriend, Alexandria dude, "JSS" girl.
LOL. You sound really invested in the characters. :D
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

He sure does!

So, would anyone here care much if Daryl died? I feel like he hasn't been doing much for the show (or for his personal growth) in a while.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:So, would anyone here care much if Daryl died? I feel like he hasn't been doing much for the show (or for his personal growth) in a while.
Yeah, that's funny. I was thinking the same thing. They really haven't done much with him for a while. He used to be a favorite character but has fallen into "What have you done for me lately?" territory.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:So, would anyone here care much if Daryl died? I feel like he hasn't been doing much for the show (or for his personal growth) in a while.
Yeah, that's funny. I was thinking the same thing. They really haven't done much with him for a while. He used to be a favorite character but has fallen into "What have you done for me lately?" territory.
For me it is that his last character change was what seems like forever ago when he decided to help Aaron recruit.

I actually think it will be good when this war with Negan thins the heard... Although I am fine with 20 'main' characters, the show doesn't have a ton of screen time each year for them. It works much better in a comic or book format.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Another angle. Noman Reedus (Darrel) is starting a new show called Ride with Norman Reedus on AMC. Hmmm....

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Spoiler alert based on the teaser from last week:
Big reveal tonight!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone wrote:

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
1) Why was it a cheap shot?
2) Absolutely.

And do we really need spoiler tags in a thread about TWD when we are only discussing items that have already been broadcast?