Obligatory Walking Dead Thread

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Re: Obligatory Walking Dead Thread

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:It is a very strong leader that can get a person you have completely humiliated, viscerated, and cuckolded, to be your right hand man willingly.
I disagree. I wouldn't characterize that person as a "very strong leader". And it certainly isn't willingly.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They have to willingly choose to be Negan's. They get three choices. Three sucky choices but, they are choices. I consider him a strong leader. He's a total asshole and an evil leader but, he isn't weak. He leads from strength and instills fear. Saddam Hussein, Hitler comes to mind. In the dog eat dog world of the zombie apocalypse a Negan makes sense. Most of the people he leads are thugs anyway.

The Movie Postman's General Bethlehem. He fixed copy machines before the apocalypse turned him into the evil leader he was. His group would terrorize local villages and force them to pay a price just like Negan's group. In the Postman Kevin Costner gets captured and turned into an unwilling clan member of the Generals army until he escapes and goes searching for help and builds a ragtag army to fight the General and his men. Kevin (The Postman) confronts the generals army with his army and sees that his ragtag army is no match for the Generals trained killer army and decides to challenge the General to an all or nothing man to man fight between himself and the general. Since Costner was once taken prisoner and forced to be in the clan earlier he earned the right to challenge the General. Any clan member has the right to challenge for leadership. It's in their rulebook.That's all I got to say about that.

I think you and Indy are just talking semantics. I think Negan is a strong leader but, a bad evil one.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:It is a very strong leader that can get a person you have completely humiliated, viscerated, and cuckolded, to be your right hand man willingly.
I disagree. I wouldn't characterize that person as a "very strong leader". And it certainly isn't willingly.
If you don't see him as a strong leader, then explain how he gets people to do so much of his bidding, without his oversight? He isn't going out on all the runs to take stuff from people. Those people are out on their own, completely. They could just keep going. But they come back, over and over again. He is a strong leader just like Stalin and Hitler. Nobody said he leads the right way that is good for his people. He is pretty impressive, if you ask me. PS--that is not a compliment.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I think you and Indy are just talking semantics.
Never!

Besides, language is important.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
If you don't see him as a strong leader, then explain how he gets people to do so much of his bidding, without his oversight? He isn't going out on all the runs to take stuff from people. Those people are out on their own, completely. They could just keep going. But they come back, over and over again. He is a strong leader just like Stalin and Hitler. Nobody said he leads the right way that is good for his people. He is pretty impressive, if you ask me. PS--that is not a compliment.
Explanation: because it's a tv show? In the real word if he really did that to you and your wife you would just shoot him in the face.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I've never seen a second of this show, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is the best part of it...

https://streamable.com/ffar
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

LOL that was great. God bless Chapelle

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

This thread sure did die. Am I the only guy who watches the show now?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I hate-watch it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:This thread sure did die. Am I the only guy who watches the show now?
Nope. Still watching.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:I hate-watch it.
I am leaning that way too. I stopped reading the comic about a year ago just because my auto renew subscription died when my cc expiration date changed, but I was still enjoying it at the time.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

I think the overdose on Negan has hamstrung the show.
He may be evil, but he's not that interesting.
I'm still watching, though, hoping the writing/plotlines might improve.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

I think he was very interesting in the comics, so maybe that is bleeding over to what I think of him in the show. I think he is interesting there too, but he is certainly toned down. The character in the books would never appear on cable TV unless it was HBO.