Women's NCAA Tournament

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Mori Chu

Women's NCAA Tournament

Post by Mori Chu »

We're long overdue to have a thread about the excellent Women's NCAA tournament that is going on right now. Post here with your thoughts! The championship game is on Sunday, Iowa vs South Carolina.

Mori Chu

Re: Women's NCAA Tournament

Post by Mori Chu »

Iowa vs UConn last night was a great game. First of all, everybody on Twitter is all up in arms about the moving screen call on the last play for UConn. But the more I look at it, I actually think the ref made the right call. Here's the video:

I've seen a lot of people say it wasn't a moving screen. But this footage makes it look like it clearly WAS a moving screen.

I've also seen people say that the ref just shouldn't call "ticky-tack" stuff like this at the end of a big tournament game. But I don't think I agree with that. If setting a moving screen gives them an open shot to win the game and go to the championship, that's not a legal play and not fair. And I don't think walloping the defensive player with a hard moving screen is ticky-tack. It sucks to see a call have such a big impact on the end of the game. But the player committed the infraction, and the ref made the right call.

Thoughts?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So, I finally watch to see what the fuss is about this Caitlin Clark and then she has one of her worst games. Although she showed flashes in the second half. She is a pretty good passer too. Although she did have KD syndrome a couple times.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That was a moving screen. End of story.

Yeah, it sucks if you're UCONN but don't foul on the crucial play. It was fair and square. They blew it.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I've seen GSW get away with that screen 10 times a game. They rarely if ever have it called on them. It sucks that it ended the way it did, and there wasn't a last shot to see if it won or not.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

She was still moving after she sent the defender flying. This isn't the NBA. College basketball is called tighter.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Congrats to South Carolina on their tournament win. Clark and Iowa seemed overmatched for most of the game. Impressive for USC to complete a lossless season.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That giantess underneath was too much for Iowa. Too many offensive rebounds.
"Be Legendary."