Sayonara Ray Rice

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Dan H

Sayonara Ray Rice

Post by Dan H »

Released by the Ravens and indefinitely suspended after video of him striking his then-fiance breaks.

Only question is why did it take this long???

I think smoking pot is idiotic but Rice's original penalty of 2 games when guys like Washington and Gordon got a whole season is a terrible image for the NFL and terribly out of whack comparatively speaking.

TOO

Re: Sayonara Ray Rice

Post by TOO »

Fuck this guy. Nothing else to say.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Couldn't have happened to a "nicer" guy.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Good. NFL should have zero tolerance for this sort of shit.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

carey

Post by carey »

Tried to tell y'all during Bountygate that the NFL is shady as fuck.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Goodell should lose his job over this. He tried to burry the evidence and look the other way.

I wonder if the media (ESPN) will finally get on them for selling all that pink merchandise in October for breast cancer "awareness".
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Goodell makes $44M a year. Hires an "independent" investigator to look into the NFL. Oookkaaaayyy...

NFL is just as corrupt as any billion dollar corporation with too much power to influence.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Agree Flagrant. It's scary. Something needs to be done.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Not that the NCAA is any better...
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I really don't see how Goodell keeps his job after this.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

With all due respect WW, you are underestimating the cronyism within the NFL. I will be shocked if Goodell loses his job over this.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:With all due respect WW, you are underestimating the cronyism within the NFL. I will be shocked if Goodell loses his job over this.
You’re probably right the more I think about. But boy is this bad haha

SDC

Post by SDC »

Mark Levin on Ray Rice: Bill Clinton "Wasn't Banned From Anything" (see also Ted Kennedy, Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... thing.html

SDC

Post by SDC »

STACY MCCAIN ON RAY RICE: “Nicole Brown Simpson could not be reached for comment.”

http://theothermccain.com/2014/09/11/fe ... the-world/

SDC

Post by SDC »

Man Beats Up Woman, Gets Paid for It
http://www.unz.com/isteve/man-beats-up- ... id-for-it/

Charles Barkley on Adrian Petersen: 'Every Black Parent in the South' Would Be in Jail for Disciplining Kids
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2 ... ining-Kids

UPDATE: smart idea by the minny vikings

http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

Vikings Message Board has been shut down permanently. It will not return. There are two primary reasons.

1. The Vikings cowardly decision to reinstate a child abuser and think that an apology will make this blow over. We will not stand for this arrogance and we will no longer be the home of any support of the Vikings. We stand for those who cannot defend themselves.

2. We will not give a voice to those who think child abuse is "cultural" or worse, openly advocate child abuse as a reasonable method of punishment. This ends here. Yes, a few board members have ruined it for everyone. Congratulations, assholes.

edit: we have replaced the word "thugs" with "those" to avoid any potential racial connotation. it wasn't intended and appears to be distracting from the real message that child abuse is never okay.

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

SDC wrote: 1. The Vikings cowardly decision to reinstate a child abuser and think that an apology will make this blow over. We will not stand for this arrogance and we will no longer be the home of any support of the Vikings. We stand for those who cannot defend themselves.

2. We will not give a voice to those who think child abuse is "cultural" or worse, openly advocate child abuse as a reasonable method of punishment. This ends here. Yes, a few board members have ruined it for everyone. Congratulations, assholes.

edit: we have replaced the word "thugs" with "those" to avoid any potential racial connotation. it wasn't intended and appears to be distracting from the real message that child abuse is never okay.
What I get from your "edit," where you put words in someone else's mouth based on your own biases, is that YOU associate the term "thug" with racial connotations. Because nobody else reading what is otherwise a strong statement against the Vikings organization's handling of this matter would have made that connection. You would rather turn their statement away from the real problem of domestic abuse, and make it about the manufactured "problem" of political correctness. Classy, dude. Classy.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Ghost wrote:
SDC wrote: 1. The Vikings cowardly decision to reinstate a child abuser and think that an apology will make this blow over. We will not stand for this arrogance and we will no longer be the home of any support of the Vikings. We stand for those who cannot defend themselves.

What I get from your "edit," where you put words in someone else's mouth based on your own biases, is that YOU associate the term "thug" with racial connotations. Because nobody else reading what is otherwise a strong statement against the Vikings organization's handling of this matter would have made that connection. You would rather turn their statement away from the real problem of domestic abuse, and make it about the manufactured "problem" of political correctness. Classy, dude. Classy.
To be fair, there has been a bit of that going around. Can't blame someone for inwardly cringing at the word after stuff like this is going around:

http://politicalblindspot.com/the-racis ... -shooting/

That said, when I hear thug, this is what I think of:

SDC

Post by SDC »

Ghost wrote:

it's not "my edit".

Vikings message board shuts down, disgusted by both team and fans
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 59347.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/1 ... 31588.html

the cowards at the vikings message board have re-opened their website, memory-holing their FU message posted above earlier.

and andy s, can you go back to being a ghost? TY.

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

SDC wrote:
Ghost wrote:

it's not "my edit".

Vikings message board shuts down, disgusted by both team and fans
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 59347.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/1 ... 31588.html

the cowards at the vikings message board have re-opened their website, memory-holing their FU message posted above earlier.

and andy s, can you go back to being a ghost? TY.
No, but if my posts bother you that much (and they are so few now), you are a big enough boy to know how to block me. I think.