Bill Simmons suspended by ESPN.

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
SDC

Re: Bill Simmons suspended by ESPN.

Post by SDC »

Bruiser wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:The sad thing is, if he ever quit and started his own site, he probably would see a gigantic drop in traffic. See Chris Sheridan's site for an example of voluntary irrelevancy.
I know Simmons is a pretty controverse guy but I really hope you are wrong.

Sure he is a bit full of himself from time to time but there are not many people out there like him and I usually enjoy what he is saying/writing. Even though his Rondo trade ideas are mostly complete BS ... Image
i hope he DARES espn to fire him. let's see if billy boy can make it out on his own and continue his lavish lifestyle in sunny california.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

He has been paying photos of himself on Instagram out having fun with friends and family during the suspension. He doesn't caption them or just puts "." Under them. I think he's pissed.

carey

Post by carey »

Mori Chu wrote:He has been paying photos of himself on Instagram out having fun with friends and family during the suspension. He doesn't caption them or just puts "." Under them. I think he's pissed.
Of course he is pissed. If anyone cares about this at all, then this is a must read: http://deadspin.com/the-sports-guy-vs-e ... 1639533260
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SDC

Post by SDC »

hmmm... i notice that all the talk about NFL domestic abuse and child abuse died down after simmons got suspended.... hmmm...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, I wonder whether ESPN got a call from somebody high up at the NFL who was pissed to have such an influential blogger/podcaster ripping on their commissioner. But, lesson learned: Don't ever directly challenge your employer to come at you, because they just might.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Dude was feeling a little big for his britches.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Thanks for that Deadspin link, that was a good read. I didn't know about a lot of that stuff.