What movies are you guys watching?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
In2ition

Re: What movies are you guys watching?

Post by In2ition »

I haven't seen the movie, but would like to. It looks very interesting and entertaining. At the very worst, I expect it to portray how some people view other people of a different race. I don't think it's something to get up all in arms about. Don't be a pussy and cry foul! Get Out and go see it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:I haven't seen the movie, but would like to. It looks very interesting and entertaining. At the very worst, I expect it to portray how some people view other people of a different race. I don't think it's something to get up all in arms about. Don't be a p**** and cry foul! Get Out and go see it.
Good luck convincing SDC that it's fictional entertainment instead of a racist attack on the white man.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't want to spoil anything about the plot of Get Out, but I'll describe in vague terms some of the things that happen so that I can address SDC's comment. I'll put it in a spoiler tag just in case, though I emphasize that I'm not giving away specific stuff about the ending or the plot in any level of detail.
Spoiler: show/hide

SDC

Post by SDC »

wow, deadpool was made with a 50 mil dollar budget
http://deadline.com/2017/03/simon-kinbe ... 202038420/

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I don't want to spoil anything about the plot of Get Out, but I'll describe in vague terms some of the things that happen so that I can address SDC's comment. I'll put it in a spoiler tag just in case, though I emphasize that I'm not giving away specific stuff about the ending or the plot in any level of detail.
Don't expect EDC to read your response and try and be dissuaded. He's the kind of guy that throws a sucker punch and runs. He says ridiculous things to get a rise or spew his ignorant nonsense and never has an intention of digesting new knowledge and ideas with the capacity to change. His latest response was ignoring what you and I have said, as he always does on the politics folder, and moving on to another talking point (Deadpool). He's a waste of space on this board. Not sure why anyone plays pushover and tries to make excuses for his nonsense as a "balanced and accepting" person. The more you and others are accepting of his views, even as he adds no worth or value, the more you empower him to keep doing it.

Answer me this: has there ever been a time on this board that he has EVER engaged in objective and balanced conversation with you or anyone? Has he ever acknowledged an idea different from his that changed his mind? He's an extremist, whether far right, far left or someplace unknown that enjoys trolling. This response alone is probably getting him off as he reads it. He wins again.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Just got don't watching an early screening of Kong: Skull island....it was pretty cool. Stay until the end of the credits.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I don't want to spoil anything about the plot of Get Out, but I'll describe in vague terms some of the things that happen so that I can address SDC's comment. I'll put it in a spoiler tag just in case, though I emphasize that I'm not giving away specific stuff about the ending or the plot in any level of detail.
Don't expect EDC to read your response and try and be dissuaded.
That's mean, EDC didn't even say anything on the subject. SDC on the hand... ;)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Wally_West wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Yeah AIG, you bully! ;)

Seriously, I don't agree with SDC's tactics and he can get under peoples skin, but what are you asking for, a place where only views you agree with are displayed? You can put him on ignore and not see him, but that seems like sticking your fingers in your ear and saying, "lalalalalalalallalalalalalalalalalalalalalal...I can't hear you....lalalalalalaallalalalalalalla!"
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Yeah AIG, you bully! ;)

Seriously, I don't agree with SDC's tactics and he can get under peoples skin, but what are you asking for, a place where only views you agree with are displayed? You can put him on ignore and not see him, but that seems like sticking your fingers in your ear and saying, "lalalalalalalallalalalalalalalalalalalalalal...I can't hear you....lalalalalalaallalalalalalalla!"
Different opinions are great. If you're objective and open to changing your opinion, there is growth and learning that come from views that are different from yours. My qualms are with SDC not posting to create meaningful dialogue and objective debate. His posts are to push buttons and push his agenda with absolutely no intention of being receptive to others and possibly change his views. I'm saying I'm ignoring him now as he's never addressed my points or anyone else's yet we all seem to address his views with no response or reflection from him on his original thoughts or our differing opinion.

I'm tired of wasting time and energy reading his opinions if it leads to no positive discussion or dialogue. I was pointing out to Mori that his reply is a waste of his time as well because SDC feels like Get Out is a slam on the white man promoting violence towards white people masquerading as entertainment. He's not going to read Mori's reply through any objective lens and likely to not even read it at all.

To reiterate, I don't want to converse only with like minded individuals. This isn't the AIG board where we all agree. If another poster feels like throwing out their opinion without ever addressing the opinions of others, I'm not going to continue listening to their views. Period.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:I'm tired of wasting time and energy reading his opinions if it leads to no positive discussion or dialogue. I was pointing out to Mori that his reply is a waste of his time as well because SDC feels like Get Out is a slam on the white man promoting violence towards white people masquerading as entertainment. He's not going to read Mori's reply through any objective lens and likely to not even read it at all.
Or actually watch the movie.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't agree with SDC about politics, and sometimes his tone or his way of posting are counter-productive. But I haven't felt that it was behavior that merited any sort of ban or other direct punishment. SDC makes lots of reasonable posts about hoops where he gives his takes on the Suns. I don't always agree with those 100%, but they are unoffensive and add to the board.

I think in general if one poster doesn't want to see the posts of another poster, the mute/block feature should address that situation pretty well. It isn't perfect (messages still show up when others quote them, etc.), but it mostly does the job.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I don't agree with SDC about politics, and sometimes his tone or his way of posting are counter-productive. But I haven't felt that it was behavior that merited any sort of ban or other direct punishment. SDC makes lots of reasonable posts about hoops where he gives his takes on the Suns. I don't always agree with those 100%, but they are unoffensive and add to the board.

I think in general if one poster doesn't want to see the posts of another poster, the mute/block feature should address that situation pretty well. It isn't perfect (messages still show up when others quote them, etc.), but it mostly does the job.
Yeah, it works pretty well. It would be cool if you could use it per forum. I don't mind reading his basketball posts for the most part.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I don't agree with SDC about politics, and sometimes his tone or his way of posting are counter-productive. But I haven't felt that it was behavior that merited any sort of ban or other direct punishment. SDC makes lots of reasonable posts about hoops where he gives his takes on the Suns. I don't always agree with those 100%, but they are unoffensive and add to the board.

I agree completely and a ban or any sort of punishment is definitely not warranted or being suggested. I was just explaining why the mute/block is being used. It wasn't for my intolerance of other opinions. It was just my feeling that there wasn't any constructive dialog between the two of us.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I saw Get Out with my teenagers last night. I liked it, very entertaining.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Saw Trainspotting 2 and loved it. If you're a fan of the first one and know how revered it is, you'll be happy to know this Trainspotting does the first one justice. Not as good as the first and shouldn't be expected to be since the first one was so original and groundbreaking. But a great follow up, the performances were amazing, awesome soundtrack and while the story was lacking a bit, it served its purpose. Great seeing the boys back up on the screen and seeing where they are 20 years later. Making plans to see it again.

Choose life!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I just watched Get Out as it would never be shown in theaters where I live unless it was nominated for awards. I thought it was a fantastic movie. Brilliant writing and acting.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

carey

Post by carey »

Haven't seen anything I liked lately. The Shack was very ham fisted. Like a low rent What Dreams May Come. Bokeh was interesting but never went anywhere. Going to watch Kill Switch and Lego Batman this weekend. The latter with the kids.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:I just watched Get Out as it would never be shown in theaters where I live unless it was nominated for awards. I thought it was a fantastic movie. Brilliant writing and acting.
Yeah, really enjoyed it. Where do you live and why wouldn't it be shown there?

I'm excited to see Alien Covenant this weekend.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Get Out was fantastic. Best horror movie I have seen in a long, long time. So glad I saw it without anyone ruining it for me first.

Also, Lego Batman was so much fun. I laughed much more often than my wife and kids, though. Many of the jokes are for long-time (casual) batman fans, not kids.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:Get Out was fantastic. Best horror movie I have seen in a long, long time. So glad I saw it without anyone ruining it for me first.
Yeah, same here. I liked it so much that my brother was in town and I took him to it too even though it was my second viewing. He really liked it too.
"Be Legendary."